PDA

View Full Version : Temporarily out of action....

mulene
07-02-2006, 07:02 PM
Hello! I got a PM asking where I was I just wanted to let y'all know, I'm temporarily out of action, got some upheaval going oin. Trying to keep up with the boards but I'm Waaaaayyy behind on the boards, PM's and on emails (sorry swap Pal, I do need to finish that draft I'm going to see what I can do at lunch tomorrow but no promises!)

Last wednesday evening, a guy who was like a second father to me passed away. Then Saturday morning, my cousin passed away. I'm also taking care of my mother, who is getting rather frail and I've just not been at home. It has been a race between work, caring for mum, work, making calls to tell the rest of the family about the two deaths and trying to advise when funerals will be (we only know of one right now) and just generally trying to fit meals in at roughly the right times and sleep :P

I'll be back on the boards asap - it's just a little crazy right now. Desperately seeking time for myself and missing my fixes of KH.com!!

- Gerri

Jan in CA
07-02-2006, 07:17 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the deaths in your family! :( I hope things get back to normal for you soon!

kemp
07-02-2006, 07:38 PM
Oh Gerri, I am so sorry to hear all of that. Remember to take care of yourself too during times like these!

sara_jayne
07-02-2006, 08:34 PM
:heart: :heart: :heart:

I hope things settle down soon for you!

rebecca
07-02-2006, 10:13 PM
My deepest sympathies...you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Angelia
07-03-2006, 08:28 AM
:heart: :heart: :heart: Hugs to you!

Cristy
07-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Sorry to hear about all of that Mulene--hang in there--we'll keep you in our prayers! :heart:

AnreeAce
07-03-2006, 12:31 PM
:heart: :heart:

I'm sending much love and compassion to you and your family in this difficult time.

:heart: :heart:

As others have said, try to take care of yourself too in the midst of all this. I know it's hard (I felt selfish taking an afternoon for myself when my MIL was dying) but it's truly necessary.

Come visit us when you can, we're all here for you.

All my love,
Andrea

mulene
07-05-2006, 09:33 AM
Ladies, you are wonderful :) Thank you for the good wishes, I'm trying to squeeze some me time in - still proving hard but lookie I got 5 minutes at work to read / reply to a couple of threads here!

I miss my KH.com! I've not got much knitting done either and I'm desperate to finish Soleil, start a scarf, start and finish the lovely bag I have a pattern for, and start the L&S KAL!