PDA

View Full Version : OT - Happy 4th of July!

Shandeh
07-02-2006, 11:32 PM
Happy Independence Day! (piano music by Sandy)
:present:
http://www.geocities.com/unkoine/flag.html?1151896727250

mintdee
07-03-2006, 10:36 AM
Happy 4th to you! What will everyone be doing tomorrow? Tomorrow is my little Sara's Birthday so we are going to my dads to swim in his pool eat cake and watch fireworks. She loves having fireworks on her Birthday and is obssed with all things patriotic :thumbsup: Its pretty cool that she is proud to share her birthday with America

kemp
07-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Happy 4th to you Sandy and everyone else! Nice music :)

Shandeh
07-03-2006, 01:33 PM
My hubby will be off. Yippee! (That very rarely happens)

We haven't made plans yet, but I heard him talking about watching the Boston Pops on TV. I think he wants to stay home and relax, which is just fine with me! More time for knitting! ;)

Sara
07-03-2006, 01:41 PM
We're going to a barbecue at a friends house if the weather cooperates. They will have a bonfire and apparently some firecrackers. It will be very low key.

Our friends from Toledo are coming over any time now for a visit. We see them once a year when they come back for the 4th of July festivities in his hometown.

knitaddict
07-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Happy Independace Day to all of you as well!

My parents are flying in tomorrow and are arriving EARLY in the morning. We'll grill some burgers, but will most likely just be taking it easy around the house. I think my mum said they are getting up at 3 their time (that's 1 my time!) :o

Have a great day, all. :heart:

Shandeh
07-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Happy 4th to you Sandy and everyone else! Nice music :)

Thanks Kemp. I appreciate the compliment. I had to record that thing about 5 times until I was okay with it. It still has one big mistake, but I just decided to live with it. :rollseyes:

Just like my knitting....I live with the mistakes. :lol:

Have a good holiday!
http://bestsmileys.com/fireworks/2.gif

Ellen Edwards
07-04-2006, 02:28 PM
HAPPY 4th to you all!!

DH had to work til 3, and I told him 2 weeks ago that i hoped we didn't have any plans. I'm just too tired lately to do anything!! :shock:

amy
07-04-2006, 03:29 PM
Happy 4th!!

Shandeh
07-04-2006, 03:44 PM
My hubby and I are just laying around the house. What a treat! He was a couch potato until almost 3:00 (in his underwear). I was glad that he has a chance to just chill out and relax. He never gets to do that.

We had homemade oatmeal for breakfast. Yum! :D

Then for lunch we had tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches. Yum again! :lol:

I think we might make hotdogs on the grill for dinner. We're gonna keep it simple. ;)

We might go see fireworks....maybe not.

AidanM
07-04-2006, 03:55 PM
Happy 4th everyone!

Celine
07-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Happy 4th to everyone!

My dh and I are busy wallpapering my future "quilting studio". It's going well and we're just taking a few minutes break. We're putting up a beautiful Toile wallpaper. The colors are rose, mint green and some white. :inlove: :inlove: I just love it!!

I have a big white armoire and I used some of the extra cuts and did the inside of both doors on my armoire. I really LOVE this paper.

Will be wonderful to move all my fabrics and my YARN stash in there too!!

amy
07-04-2006, 04:01 PM
Happy 4th everyone!! Hope you're having a wonderful day!

We're having a potluck and sing (shape note music (http://www.knittinghelp.com/content/personal/shape-note/index.php)) at our house tonight. It's been a fantastic long weekend of singing and togetherness in our singing community. :cheering:

Julie
07-04-2006, 04:05 PM
That's awesome Amy...how cool that you have enough space to do that now!! :cheering: Have fun!

We're having some people over and going to the fireworks later...it's nice to live where we can walk there, pulling our kids in a wagon behind us :D

Happy 4th, everyone!

amy
07-04-2006, 04:13 PM
...it's nice to live where we can walk there, pulling our kids in a wagon behind us :D

That sounds fantastic! How great to be so close! Have fun Julie! :D

Glad we have singing plans, since our local fireworks were canceled due to bad weather.

IndianPrincessSIP
07-04-2006, 04:17 PM
Happy Independence Day!
May this day be a celebration of the freedoms this great country affords us.

A photo I took last year in front of the house....

Shandeh
07-04-2006, 04:24 PM
Happy 4th to everyone!

My dh and I are busy wallpapering my future "quilting studio". It's going well and we're just taking a few minutes break. We're putting up a beautiful Toile wallpaper. The colors are rose, mint green and some white. :inlove: :inlove: I just love it!!

I have a big white armoire and I used some of the extra cuts and did the inside of both doors on my armoire. I really LOVE this paper.

Will be wonderful to move all my fabrics and my YARN stash in there too!!

Celine! I know you're SOOOO excited. I remember how I felt when I was making my craft room. I wanted to shout "Hallelujah!" when it was finished. Your craft room sounds like it will be DIVINE. :happydance:

DreamWeaver
07-04-2006, 05:03 PM
Hooray! Fourth of july! My family and I are going to go to my sisters friends house for a bb-q and fireworks! Tis going to be fun! :happydance: Untill then it's goin to be a lazy day of 4 o July TV specials and knitting. I wish I had some red, white, and blue yarn... :doh: oh well... I'm making somtehing... I just don't know what yet...

Shandeh
07-04-2006, 09:00 PM
We're having a potluck and sing (shape note music (http://www.knittinghelp.com/content/personal/shape-note/index.php)) at our house tonight. It's been a fantastic long weekend of singing and togetherness in our singing community. :cheering:

How cool! Music always makes holidays more fun.

Hey Amy, I have some old shape note hymnals laying around here. Do you want any of them?

Have fun and sing your heart out. Just save your hands for knitting! :D

mulene
07-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Happy belated 4th! We went for lunch here at work to celebrate to an American Diner. Alas they had no rootbeer OR cream soda - apparently it is impossible to get at the moment and they won't have any in the country for 3 weeks!!

Jackie M.
07-05-2006, 08:13 PM
I spent a long weekend with my new granddaughter, Kaitlyn! Aren't babies wonderful?

Shandeh
07-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Babies Rock! Rock a Bye Baby! :roflhard:

It's so true. I love babies. My husband's daughter (my step-daughter) had a baby girl this past February. We go to see her occasionally. She's so pretty and soft and cute and adorable..... :heart: