PDA

View Full Version : Hemp yarn at Elann

kewsew
07-05-2006, 11:20 AM
I am looking for yarn to make several simple summer shells. I used "search" on this site and came up with 57 hits, but I can't quite find what I am looking for. Has anyone used this particular yarn? Is it stiff at first? Should I wash it first? Help Please :pray:

Thanks!
Karen W.

Ingrid
07-05-2006, 11:54 AM
I received a sample of Hempathy yarn. It's very nice--feels like a soft, slick cotton.

Julie
07-05-2006, 02:34 PM
I haven't used the elann 100% hemp, but I have swatched Hempathy, which is a hemp/cotton blend.It was really hard on my hands and not too soft before blocking...then I washed and blocked the swatch, and it's wonderful. I don't look forward to knitting with it, but I really look forward to wearing it! :D

kewsew
07-06-2006, 11:34 PM
Thank you both for the input....I think I will order one color and see how it goes. People who ordered the hemp yarn should be receiving it in the next few days... let us know how it feels and how it knits up :XX: ...inquiring minds want to know! :?:

Karen W.
in Chicago

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-06-2006, 11:36 PM
CHICAGO!!!!!!!! Are you coming to the knitapalooza on the 15th??

kewsew
07-07-2006, 12:19 AM
I wish I could!!!! But I'm helping to put together the 3rd Annual Disability Pride Parade in Chicago on July 22nd. It's going to be a blast!...but it's a lot of work... I'd love to do it though...Maybe next year :happydance:

Karen W.
in Chicago