PDA

View Full Version : OT- Screen names...

brendajos
07-05-2006, 02:50 PM
I am sitting here constantly amused by some of the screen names we see on here (seriously...FriedChickenOnMyKnitten, which i read wrong initially! :rofling: ) and wonder where people got their names or if they have others that are unusual where they got them.

Brendajos is pretty obvious I suppose. My name is Brenda. Jo is my middle name. and my last name starts with S. and i have NEVER had to fight to get that name...lol. If i go to a site that says that someone is already using that name, i can usually come up with the password for it if i think hard enough! ;)

I also use Blue_Knitter on my blog i pretend to keep up to date. Essentially it is all about politics and knitting...and these days more politics...lol

and the rarely used MyHornzRpokinMyHalo is all about my bratty side getting in the way of my good side. And the reason my halo is constantly needing polished (as Dustina can attest to! :rofling: )

Calabaza
07-05-2006, 03:04 PM
My screen name is my fav. spanish word. Calabaza= Its pumpkin. I don't know why I like it I just do. lol

IndianPrincessSIP
07-05-2006, 03:09 PM
I was dubbed Indian Princess by my husband The Bard, who introduced me to message boarding over three years ago. He wrote a series of poems to me in which I was his Indian Princess. SIP stands for Standing In Power. I have roots in the Yaqui tribe. My Grandfather always told me I was a real Indian Princess. ;)

Indian Princess Standing In Power

me

:D

sara_jayne
07-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Bren - my name is very "creative" like yours! :rofling:

sara is my first name
jayne is my middle name.

Hence sara_jayne

Behold my creative power! ;)

:roflhard:

Kirochka
07-05-2006, 03:28 PM
"Kira" is the name I was given when I started studying Russian in college; "Kirochka" (pronounced "KEE-ruch-kuh") is a diminutive form of it. So there you go! ;)

CarmenIbanez
07-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Well I have told some of you already that my name is a literary reference. I don't ever use my real name on this board because of the yarn swap and I use my real name for that, therefore, can't unmask myself till the swap is over. :-)

Carmen Ibanez is a minor character in the novel "Starship Troopers" by Robert Heinlein. Yes there is a movie that is loosely based on the book, and in the movie the Carmen character is more predominant. But it is the book that I love. The only other female character in the book is Dizzy Flores and I use that name for stuff sometimes as well. :-)

And being an astronaut nut, I also sometimes use Sally Ride as a screen name.

brendajos
07-05-2006, 03:31 PM
lol well there are lots of people around here with names that look like they are real life names and then have a completely different name in the siggie....so it sets me to wonderin'...

my favorite spanish word is Quince....i just like the sound of it...lol

Jenelle
07-05-2006, 03:35 PM
My name comes from my real name Jenelle.

I often use Nell or Nellie as names.

I also use Nelliebear(looong story).

I thought I would use my real name instead of those here, beings that I don't really like them anymore. :rollseyes:

AnreeAce
07-05-2006, 03:42 PM
My screen name is a combination of the two nicknames which have stuck with me.

There was a friend of the family who's son had an impossible time with Andrea, he'd just mangle it, poor thing. Eventually, after many permutations, he settled on Anree.

Ace comes from my DH. For quite a while when I was in school, I got straight A's (at the cost of having NO social life), so he calls me Ace.

Et Voilà, AnreeAce!

CarmenIbanez
07-05-2006, 03:55 PM
This is a fun topic! I like hearing all the stories behind all your names!

Jan in CA
07-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Well Jan in CA is pretty clear...my name is Jan and I live in California. :lol: Jan is common and often taken so this usually works.

However.... in most other forums I've participated in I am Purrcat. The reason behind that is pretty simple. Eight years ago I went to stay with my brother's family in Plano, TX to help take care of their toddler while my SIL had a new baby. At that time I had no other email than the one the cable company gave me so I needed a Yahoo addy. Everything I tried was taken! I like cats so choosing cat variations was a natural and this one took. :lol:

You know that Friedchickenonmyknitten name... till I just read this I thought it said KITTEN!! :doh:

brendajos
07-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Well Jan in CA is pretty clear...my name is Jan and I live in California. :lol: Jan is common and often taken so this usually works.

However.... in most other forums I've participated in I am Purrcat. The reason behind that is pretty simple. Eight years ago I went to stay with my brother's family in Plano, TX to help take care of their toddler while my SIL had a new baby. At that time I had no other email than the one the cable company gave me so I needed a Yahoo addy. Everything I tried was taken! I like cats so choosing cat variations was a natural and this one took. :lol:

You know that Friedchickenonmyknitten name... till I just read this I thought it said KITTEN!! :doh:

lol i did too and i still read it that way sometimes!

newbieknit
07-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Mine is pretty easy.. NewbieKnit ... cuz I'm a newb to knittin'

bjc1050
07-05-2006, 04:45 PM
Mine is simply my initials plus the last four numbers of my phone number. Not very imaginative, but easy to remember. Have never had any conflicts with anyone else.

rebecca
07-05-2006, 04:48 PM
:thinking: :?? Let me see, hmmmm :thinking: :?? I don't remember why I chose this screen name....everyone has always called me Becka....but...my name is actually Rebecca...so, there!

LOL, actually, I was thrilled to be able to use my name, I've never been the 1st Rebecca on anything on computer until KH...so, there ya go...the 1st Rebecca ;)

Danielle
07-05-2006, 05:54 PM
Well, my previous ID on here was yellow_vw_beetle because I have a yellow vw new beetle. I decided to change it to my name, Danielle. :D

MaryB
07-05-2006, 06:15 PM
No great story here. Mary is such a common name that I had to add something. My given name is Mary Elizabeth and my family calls me Mary Beth-------only my family gets away with that. :fingerwag: :fingerwag: I'm Mary to every one else.

Other screen names include mbcalva (my initials and the street where we live) and npltd (I owned Needle Pointe, Ltd for several years).

Angelia
07-05-2006, 06:21 PM
I just use my real name. And at least it's usually not taken since my mother didn't know how to spell 'Angela' but most everyone else's mothers did. :rollseyes: Sometimes I use characters from Spenser's The Faerie Queene since they're usually not taken either (and I think they're pretty, esp. the first one!): Marinell, Emmilen, Duessa, Florimel, Gloriana, etc.

DianaM
07-05-2006, 06:40 PM
Well, my real nickname is Beast. From the X-Men. I worked at a library for 8 years and was something of a walking encyclopedia, so one of my co-workers dubbed me that.

HanAku comes from a novel I wrote years ago. It's just a piecing of two japanese words: han = half / aku = evil or bad.

Though I have friends who claim I'm 100% evil :blush:

BinkyKat
07-05-2006, 07:08 PM
BinkyKat is me... for my cat..Binky. He's quite the character and I have used his name as the "company name" of a lot of my handmade stuff in various forms with our last name...Hay. Most often on the back of computer printed cards I put a funny cartoon pic of an orange kitty and title it the Hay!Binky Card Co.
If I make a paper tag for a gift I put "Look what my mommy made!" from Hay!BinkyBeads or Hay!BinkyKnits
I think it got started when the crate we carried him to the vet in came labeled with "Binky - cat" when we took him to be fixed...so they knew it was his crate and not the dog also named Binky at our local vet. :lol:

bjc1050
07-05-2006, 07:28 PM
I have a couple other screen names. At Pogo, I'm Radardog714. Radardog is for our now deceased yorkie who was blind. The other that I haven't used much is austin850 for one of my favorite cars...like the mini cooper, but austin850 never seems to be taken. Guess most people don't realize it was just another model of the mini cooper.

nanonette
07-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Fun thread. :)

Nano is a nickname from my sister for Nan, which everyone else calls me.

Nette is from Nannette - my full name - and a play on the 'net aka internet.

I rather like using it because it's rarely used by anybody else, although people tend to think that nanonette is my real name.

What I shouldn't have done is use it for my e-mail. Now it's always hard to get people to input my e-mail address correctly because it gets confused with my full name . . . . :rollseyes:

Tammy6071
07-05-2006, 09:59 PM
Just like bjc1050, Ive taken the simple approach. Tammy is my name, and 6071 is my phone number. I try to use this for everything that needs a screen name or log in ID. Too many confuses my mind!! :?

EssenceRose
07-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Mine is simple... Heather Feather has been a nickname ever since I was a child. Just "Heather" would have been too boring for me, so why not add in my nickname? lol

Sara
07-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Do I need to explain? ;)

nefferbea
07-05-2006, 11:07 PM
Mine is a childhood nickname that my oldest sister gave me. My first name is Jennifer, middle name is Bea...so Nefferbea.

brendajos
07-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Do I need to explain? ;)

I would kind of like you to! ;)

gardenmommy
07-05-2006, 11:23 PM
Another pretty self explanatory one, I garden and I'm a mommy! LOL

Shandeh
07-05-2006, 11:53 PM
Mine is simple too. I live in North Carolina, and I have red hair. Well...I used to. Now it's turning blonde. But I don't really want my name to be "Carolina Blonde"! :lol:

In the rest of my online existence, I am "Unkoine". I made up that word, because I was desperate for a short name in yahoo. "Koine" means "common" in Greek. I'm uncommon, so I'm "Unkoine". I once spoke to someone online who speaks Greek, and they told me I should have called myself "Akoine", but I decided to stick with my original choice. I've never met another "unkoine", because I made up the name.

Julie
07-06-2006, 12:02 AM
Like Rebecca, I was thrilled to find that my actual name was not taken :D

figaro
07-06-2006, 12:24 AM
I have been trying to branch out with my oline ID's and I like cats so I picked figaro from Pinocchio. Not very orginal but it works. On other sites I am hummer, that started when I started using my hummingbird feeder or I am beckydeb, that comes from my maiden name (Beck) with a y added to it and then part of my first name-Debbie. I think beckydeb started years ago as a nickname someone gave me.

humblestumble
07-06-2006, 12:33 AM
For a long while, I was making up screennames left and right. Now I pretty much stick with 3 of them.

The one I use here, I just thought was cool and suits me. It rhymes, and I like it. It actually reminds me of when I took a trip at school. It's humbling. My name is also somewhat metaphoric. Whenever I take a "stumble" it usually does humble me.

Atomicfairy is another pseudonym of mine. And I made that one up when I was deciding on a name for my website. I love retro and vintage things from the 40s-60s, and even earlier. I always think of the 50s when I think of the word "atomic" though. And I kinda like fairies, and I am pint-sized, so there ya go.

My last pseudonym, and my first of these three is mclittledrink. One of my favorite bands is the Cherry Poppin' Daddies, of the hit "Zoot Suit Riot". I was obsessed with them for years, and the lead singer went by "M.C. Large Drink" In their early years, so I just nicknamed myself M. C. Little Drink. Little did I know, they actually named a friend of mine that because she always went to their shows and talked to them.

mulene
07-06-2006, 04:14 AM
Mine rather boringingly came from the random name generator in Everquest hehe - my swap name was also from the same place =D

Ronda
07-06-2006, 06:34 AM
I wasn't very creative when I joined this board. I just used my real name. :D

SandraEllen
07-06-2006, 07:18 AM
I'm not very creative either. First and Middle names.

Fun topic. =) :D

becjo
07-06-2006, 12:04 PM
I think we use our creativity on our knitting and not on our user names - mine is the basic - my name is Rebecca Jo but I come with many nicknames - Bec - Becky Jo - Becca - my mother HATES it when anyone calls me anything besides Rebecca but it happens none the less. But becjo is just short and easy to remember.

If you cant tell - I'm a HUGE HUGE fan of Beauty and the Beast - I need to post the pictures of my collection I have (I have 2 bedrooms full of collectors stuff) so my name mostly on other boards are belle or something to that affect. :thumbsup:

brendajos
07-06-2006, 12:14 PM
yeah you guys aren't very exciting! ;) i wanna know about the brownish coat....and the fried chicken...and the pele boy who says it has nothing to do with soccer!.....i think people are holding out on us!

jodstr2
07-06-2006, 12:15 PM
mine's dumb. when I moved to CA, I wanted JODSTR ("jodester") as my license plate. but it was already taken, so I did JODSTR2.

brendajos
07-06-2006, 12:28 PM
lol well yours is one that i have been trying to figure out for a while but i think that is about how i have always said it! :thumbsup:

Friskums
07-06-2006, 12:29 PM
When I first got online, I wanted to change my name to Kay. And I've always loved cats, so I would use one these kay_kitty or kay_kat(this is on my high school ring).

For a brief period of time I was using Total_Dementia. I don't know why. I was just in that kind of phase/mood and I liked it.

While I was playing The Sims Online, I started using Frisky_Kittie. Still had to have the 'cat' aspect in my name, but I was wanting to break out of my depression shell and figured using a more lively username would help.

So I've been using that for a long while now.

But, it was taken when my b/f and I were looking for a domain name for my site. After thinking about it for a day or so I came up with ekittie. Which I love too. So, now, it's either ekittie or frisky_kittie.

Except for my emails which I've had for so long I don't want to have to change them. :lol:

horve1
07-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Lovin' the range of names/sources/stories!
I'm not creative either, but DS is. horve was his name for himself at around 6 years old when he decided he was an alien. When he stopped using it, I took it over for whenever I need a name. And it's very rarely taken!!! ;)

Jan in CA
07-06-2006, 01:04 PM
yeah you guys aren't very exciting! ;) i wanna know about the brownish coat....and the fried chicken...and the pele boy who says it has nothing to do with soccer!.....i think people are holding out on us!

Brownishcoat has something to do with a movie I've never seen...I think. I know they told me once, but... :??

And boyforpele...I never thought of soccer...I thought maybe it had something to do with Pele the volcano goddess (http://www.mythicalrealm.com/legends/pele.html). :thinking:

knit-errant
07-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Mine is a bad pun -- it's a play off of the knights errant that went around slaying dragons and saving damsels in distress and all those other crazy chivalrous things.

The tag line on my blog is a send up of the first sentence of Don Quixote -- another knight errant that really meant well, but just didn't quite get it. That's more the angle I'm working from: trying to do the right thing, but always screwing it up somehow. ;)

Kirochka
07-06-2006, 01:48 PM
"Brownish coat" comes from Firefly/Serenity. (You should see them, Jan! They're wonderful!) ;) :thumbsup:

ETA: And Tori Amos has a CD called Boys for Pele, so maybe it's from that (and yes, the volcano goddess, I assume... :thinking: )

brendajos
07-06-2006, 02:05 PM
hey i saw that one in the theatre! a guy i know has been talking about firefly (and ranting about it) since they took it off the air. he went on and on and on so much when the movie came out that i would have felt bad not going to see it. my love for going to the movies is pretty well known amongst my friends so there wouldn't have been a REAL good excuse for not going since i had seen everything else....i mean beyond that i have no interest in that genre. So i went. i was entertained but mostly didn't get it.....but i think me not getting it is the genre thing again! ;)

but i don't recall a brownish coat reference.... :thinking:

Kirochka
07-06-2006, 02:30 PM
It may be from the Firefly TV series rather than the Serenity movie. :thinking: Lisa (Brownish Coat) keeps explaining and I keep forgetting! It's to do with the brown coats the rebels wore and Mal telling someone why he's wearing it. I'm still waiting for the DVDs to get here (we rented them from Netflix but then I ordered them, had them sent to my parents to watch and then send to us, but they've been delayed...).

Sorry, I'm hijacking the thread! :rollseyes:

Jan in CA
07-06-2006, 02:48 PM
It may be from the Firefly TV series rather than the Serenity movie. :thinking: Lisa (Brownish Coat) keeps explaining and I keep forgetting!

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who keeps forgetting...at least I knew it was a reference to something though. :lol:

brownishcoat
07-06-2006, 03:42 PM
:blush: I feel so popular!

The name comes from the first scene of the first broadcast episode of Firefly called "The Train Job" (Fox aired the episodes out of order).

In the scene, the patrons in the bar are toasting to the 6th anniversary of "Unification Day", which was the end of an interplanetary civil war between the Alliance and the Independents (browncoats). The Alliance won.

The hero (of the series), Captain Malcolm Reynolds, fought for the Independents.

He goes to the bar and orders another drink. The toasting patron stops him, noting that he didn't toast. Then he says, "You know, your jacket is kind of a brownish color."

Mal responds, "It was on sale."

This is funny to me because my mom is a big "on sale" person and by extension, so am I.

Didn't need it? Can't afford it? Doesn't matter! "It was on sale!"

ladyindica2000
07-06-2006, 03:49 PM
My name is the name of my cat (Indica) and the year that I came up with the name. I also liked the prefix "lady" (as in Lady Godiva) for some reason. Can't really explain it since it was 6 years ago. Hence, ladyindica2000. I use it for lots of things and can't be bothered to change it. LOL.

ladyindica2000
07-06-2006, 03:51 PM
:blush: I feel so popular!

The name comes from the first scene of the first broadcast episode of Firefly called "The Train Job" (Fox aired the episodes out of order).

In the scene, the patrons in the bar are toasting to the 6th anniversary of "Unification Day", which was the end of an interplanetary civil war between the Alliance and the Independents (browncoats). The Alliance won.

The hero (of the series), Captain Malcolm Reynolds, fought for the Independents.

He goes to the bar and orders another drink. The toasting patron stops him, noting that he didn't toast. Then he says, "You know, your jacket is kind of a brownish color."

Mal responds, "It was on sale."

This is funny to me because my mom is a big "on sale" person and by extension, so am I.

Didn't need it? Can't afford it? Doesn't matter! "It was on sale!"

That made me snort! I am a huge on saler too. My dh constantly says that women are all suckers for a sale. If it says marked down, we will buy it. But he is also quick to remind me that half of a million is still 500 thousand, LOL. Funny guy that one.

Born on 4 of 7
07-06-2006, 04:38 PM
this is a fun topic. My screen name is pretty simple, Born on 4 of 7, cause I was born on the 4th of July. My mom will never let me forget that she missed a heck of a BBQ the day I was born. :lol:

Dilly
07-06-2006, 05:05 PM
I chose ~babydill~ because 'dill' is part of my last name, and baby is because I'm the little sister. Babydill is actually a nickname that somebody gave me before. The ~ things on either side of it are because babydill was already taken here. I did a search for all posts by that person, and they only posted a couple of times and a long time ago, so I didn't think I would cause confusion by taking a variation of the same name.

Lieke
07-06-2006, 05:12 PM
I'm not very original, I just took my first name.

DragonTush
07-06-2006, 05:40 PM
My name can be taken in a multitude of ways. Draggin my tush as in I'm lazy....or huge butt of draconian proportion ...or I'm a HUGE pain in the rear! I let whoever is talking to me decide which definition they prefer.

I'v also had many nics and now keep to just this one.

Littleredhen
07-06-2006, 07:25 PM
This is a very interesting topic. On another board I used my old address, but I decided not to do #'s this time. Littleredhen came from my backyard chickens. My red hens are the sweetest and are like pets. When they are let out of the coop, they will squat down to be picked up. They even like to go to school for k-4 show and tell. Nothing beats those fresh eggs!

Jackie M.
07-06-2006, 09:16 PM
I couldn't think of anything. Used my real name, but I would love to have a new nick name!

mintdee
07-06-2006, 09:40 PM
Mintdee comes from the first 4 letters in my last name "mint" and the nick name my dh gave me "Deedee" :thumbsup:

snephenie
07-06-2006, 09:41 PM
My mom started fostering two little ones when I was pregnant with DS#1. The littlest one was almost two and couldn't say Stephanie so she called me Snephenie. It just kinda stuck.

I have snephenie for aol, msn, yahoo, excite, gmail, myspace...it's mine all mine! :)

If I ever run across one it's usually because I forgot I registered there before and if I can't think of the password I become Snephie :)

Andrea
07-06-2006, 10:12 PM
My screen name is my fav. spanish word. Calabaza= Its pumpkin. I don't know why I like it I just do. lol
That's one of my favorite Spanish words too! (My other one is Lechuga!)

I was so happy to see I could use my first name! :cheering: I'm glad I got here before AnreeAce :lol: I really don't have any good nicknames :(

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-06-2006, 10:41 PM
ooo why didn't I see this thread earlier! My name comes from Hildegard von Bingen who was a medieval nun/composer/mystic/write/scientist/alchemist... and, although being the Mother Abbess, she was obviously Catholic, I think she had a little bit of the Goddess in her, too! I thought "von Knittin" was a fun play on "von Bingen".

It's gotten to the point, though, where people think my name REALLY is hildegard... or Hildie. :heart: Who is this Carolyn person?????

gimmesanity
07-06-2006, 11:28 PM
I came up with mine when dh and I were trying to get preggers. I was originally waiting2c (as in waiting 2 conceive), but then I changed it to gimmesanity as a way to remind myself not to take things too seriously. I needed that reminder after months and months of not being knocked up. ;) It just stuck after that.

jamadian75
07-07-2006, 12:32 AM
I am a JAMAican-born CanaDIAN citizen, and the number gives away my age ;)

I also go by mamamarce, BrownBerry (as in the darker the berry...) and Jamadian1 (cuz I haven't run into any others using that screen name yet)

What a cool thread!!! :cheering:

Hildie's name is not really Hildegard??? :shock: I'll be shaking my head on that one for a week. Next we'll find out Ingrid's name is really Ethel or something. :??

mintdee
07-07-2006, 01:08 AM
Next we'll find out Ingrid's name is really Ethel or something. :??

Or Randy :shock:
:roflhard: :roflhard:
j/k Ingy I love ya!!! :heart:

When I first started I thought that Hildes name was really Hildegard. Just made sense for some reason. :D

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I like Hildegard :-) It's so..... German-opera-singer-sounding :roflhard: Just picture me knitting with a helmet, blond braids down to my waist and a big old bronze sheild slung around my back!

nicolethegeek
07-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Well mine isn't *that* original, but I think it has an amusing/ interesting story behind it, as well as the other nicknames I use slightly. When I first got online back in 97, I mainly went by DarlingNikki71 as a screen name. That was a reference to a song by Prince in the 80s, that I got teased incessantly in high school about! Since Darling Nikki was usually taken by wherever I tried to register, I added the 71 {year I was born}. I used Nicole the Geek in my email signatures because I was a self-taught geek... the ex would break the pooter on a weekly basis, and it was my job to fix it. :rollseyes: In 2000, I went to geek-school, and when I passed my first certification, I changed my sig line to: "Nicole the Geek! Now certified, not just certifiable." Then in 2002, I was asked to become an admin at a HUGE crochet list. I didn't think that darlingnikki was a very appropriate email addy to be using on a family-friendly crochet site, so I registered for the geek one since I couldn't think of anything that wouldn't already be taken. Strangely enough, the Darling Nikki seems to be appropriate here though! :roflhard: :roflhard: Anyway, since then, everything online attributed to me has been "Nicole the Geek", except on IRC, where I'm Nicole the Dork. I gave myself that nick when a geek-buddy of mine and I started an IRC chat room for our loacl FlyLady group {since Yahoo's chatrooms SUCK!}. I hadn't used IRC in over 5 years at that point, and I felt like a real dork instead of a geek then. The dork stuck because I played trivia on that same server. One of my friends started calling me "dorkasaurus", and when Derek got his new pooter in April, I used that as my sign in name for my password!!! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: Needless to say, my friend was quite honoured by that!

mintdee
07-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Just for you Hilde!

Bow to my Paint prowess!

I got much love for you Hilde :hiding:

Kirochka
07-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!! :roflhard: :roflhard:

nicolethegeek
07-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Bow to my Paint prowess!
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

gimmesanity
07-07-2006, 03:46 PM
hahahahaha, that made me snort.

sara_jayne
07-07-2006, 03:48 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Jan in CA
07-07-2006, 06:16 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-07-2006, 06:19 PM
MINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!1

you're too funny!!!! That's going to be my new AV when it's time to change :-)

beckyrhae
07-07-2006, 07:42 PM
Well my nick is simple enough. My name is Becky Rhae. Notice my Rhae is spelled AE not EA much to many many misspellings. :lol:

I'm also known by BBFett71 on many boards. Stands for BOBA FETT the greatest of all Star Wars characters. Also BB are my initals as well.

mintdee
07-07-2006, 09:07 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: Hilde I have checking constently since I posted that waiting for you reaction. :roflhard:

Friskums
07-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Well my nick is simple enough. My name is Becky Rhae. Notice my Rhae is spelled AE not EA much to many many misspellings. :lol:

I'm also known by BBFett71 on many boards. Stands for BOBA FETT the greatest of all Star Wars characters. Also BB are my initals as well.
My middle name is Rae. :thumbsup:

DotMom61
07-20-2006, 01:19 AM
Well, I missed this thread the first time around, so I'll just bump it up. :D

My screen name, however, is not really all that interesting. It just stems out of me being an online sort of person and the fact that I'm a mom, and it's kinda like "dot com."

Plus, a friend and I were trying to develop a board game and we were trying to come up with a name for it. We came up w/ "To Do Dots" (I'm not going to explain this further -- it's too complicated, hence the failure of the board game :rollingeyes:). Anyway, we were going to be Dotmoms selling our ToDoDots game ... blah blah blah ... it didn't work out, but I kept the name anyway, and those of you who know me know that while I'll put up with a lot, I *won't* put up w/ being called "Dot." :roflhard:

I'm really enjoying reading the stories behind everyone's names! What a great idea, Brendajos! ;-)

quriouskey
07-20-2006, 02:51 AM
Mine comes from when I had to set up a company to do some contracting years ago. All the names I thought of were taken, until I remembered a book I'd been given as a child. The book is called Quintilian, about a china dog that comes to life when you turn the "qurious key" in its locket.

Quriouskey is never taken, so now, even though the company no longer exists, I use it everywhere.

Liz

catownedanna
07-20-2006, 04:20 AM
Well, catownedanna is my way of saying that I live with two cats in the house (and nowadays also with a man, a 15-year-old, a budgie and some fish)...

I don't really know if the name "works" in English... I sort of just translated word by word and didn't bother with blank spaces or underscores... Does it work or should I feel a bit embarrassed? ;) :oops:

This is my only name on English speaking boards. I have had a couple of others on Swedish boards but none of them have contained my real name (Anna). And now, I'm not active on any other boards so I just feel catowned... ;)

ebrperk
07-20-2006, 07:17 AM
Mine is pretty boring too. When dh and I first got married it was bnrperk for Brett and Robin Perkins but when our oldest daughter came along we added the e to the front for Elisabeth. Emily came along and it stayed the same and now Benjamin fits in the there too. So it is for Elisabeth, Emily,
Benjamin, Brett, and Robin Perkins.

Lindsey H
07-20-2006, 07:30 AM
Of course mine is also sooo original :rollseyes: . My last name is Hoy and on some other forums I have used "hoyboys" or 2HOYBOYS because I have 2 sons :inlove: . I don't know why I did not use one of those here :thinking: . I actually have HOYBOYS on my license plate ;) .

knotmaker
07-21-2006, 11:45 AM
mine is knotmaker because when I first started knitting DH would call me his little knotmaker ... and it stuck, I even use it for my blog address ... and even not knitting related site and such that I need a screen name for ... :thinking:

Queen Knitsalot
07-21-2006, 02:03 PM
I have four brothers, no sisters therefore I AM the Queen. Got married, had son, no girls--still AM the Queen. Loved the whole King Arthur thing since Camlot came out yyyeeeeeeaaarrs ago with Lancelot being my guy and since I am addicted to knitting--Knitsalot. I tried to use "Knittingaddict" but so have others so I'll stick to being the Queen. I do love name origins--it bugs me when I can't figure out those vanity license plates!!

DreamWeaver
07-21-2006, 02:43 PM
My name doesn't really have a backstory. I just thought "Hey, DreamWeaver's a pretty name, and it just stuck ^_^. But now that I see all of these stories, I might make a username with a story :rollseyes:

Cristy
07-21-2006, 05:36 PM
My screen name is my actual real name which is "christy" but my mother apparently couldn't spell or else ever one else's mother who was born between 1975 and 1980 could...I haven't figured out which one yet....My mom says she just spelled it like it sounds! As a child I hated it b/c EVERYONE spells is wrong but as an adult, I don't mind it so much....I was just never able to have all of those novelty things as a child w/ my name preprinted on it....

For ebay, I just juliaannsmom b/c my daughter is Julia Ann after my Great Grandmother and my Mother...now that I'm pregnant--I sort of feel bad like I should change my name b/c I'll be someone else's mommy too--but then what about my rating...:)

I don't use any other boards really except for penciljack occassionally and I only use it when my dh is involved in a draw off of some sort and then I log on to vote in his little competition!

hedgehog
07-21-2006, 05:50 PM
My name is for a few of reasons....

1.) I love hedgehogs - cute, cute, cute!! They're shy and sweet and non-aggressive yet prickly when need be ;)

2.) They remind me of the years i lived in England when studying for my PhD (and for which i PINE daily as i try and get a job back "home" in the UK)

3.) I'm a molecular geneticist and i work on a specific class of genes (found in most animals) called "hedgehog" genes.

geeky, but true.

-hh :)

jjminarcik
07-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Mine is just sooo creative. . .

j - first name is Jennifer
j - maiden name is Jarrett
minarcik - last name

I have been called JJ since I was little, but my initials were actually JCJ. So, when I got married I dropped the "C" and now the initials are JJM. And that's what everyone calls me. With such a unique last name, it's usually always available anytime I need a screen name.

I've never met any other Minarcik's. . . so if there are any out there, let me know! :D

Ingrid
07-21-2006, 11:21 PM
My parents picked my screen name and I have no imagination. :rofling:

jdee
07-22-2006, 06:57 AM
I'm afraid mine's not very creative. jdee is just a combination of my first name, Jennifer, and my middle name, Deeann.

aylaanne
07-22-2006, 03:08 PM
this is a fun topic. My screen name is pretty simple, Born on 4 of 7, cause I was born on the 4th of July. My mom will never let me forget that she missed a heck of a BBQ the day I was born. :lol:
Haha, I'm such a dork, I always thought your name was a Star Trek reference. From The Next Generation on, the Borg became a major influence, and they identified themselves with number designations, since they were the ultimate collective. So "4 of 7" would mean that you were the 4th member of a group of 7.

My dorkiness gets better, though--the officiant at my wedding used to dress up as a Next Generation character (Guinan, played by Whoopie Goldberg) and go to conventions. So when we first met to discuss my wedding, I begged her to wear her Guinan hat, and she did! :rofling:

It's gotten to the point, though, where people think my name REALLY is hildegard... or Hildie. :heart: Who is this Carolyn person?????
Your name isn't really Hildegard? I think you need to change that. Yeah. Hildie really fits you for some reason. :)
Yeah, I like Hildegard :-) It's so..... German-opera-singer-sounding :roflhard: Just picture me knitting with a helmet, blond braids down to my waist and a big old bronze sheild slung around my back!
If you haven't done that for Halloween yet, you should. Next we'll find out Ingrid's name is really Ethel or something. :??
I know, and then my world will collapse. :shock: :shock:
My name doesn't really have a backstory. I just thought "Hey, DreamWeaver's a pretty name, and it just stuck ^_^. But now that I see all of these stories, I might make a username with a story :rollseyes:
I think you should make a story for the username instead. :D

This thread has been so fun to read! I love it!

My name has kind of a long story to it, as well. My first name is Aimie (wierd spelling, I blame my mother's free-spirited thinking in the early 70s). When I was little, she would call me "Aimie my love" and it would get shortened to "aimalah" and then "ayla". Ann was my grandmother's name, but I thought it was spelled with an E for a long time, and I like how putting the e on my name makes it an even number of letters.

I almost always use this screenname when I sign up for websites. And people do call me ayla in real life.

Shandeh
07-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Well I for one am VERY MAD that Hildie's name is not Hildie. I feel cheated and deceived. :(

But, I guess I can learn to love a Carolyn too. :?? It might take a while though, because the only Carolyn I've ever known was a real witch with a capital B! :rofling:

Eloewien
07-23-2006, 09:48 AM
I've always gotten frustrated with people mangling my real name- Laura. I'm not Lari, Lori, Lauren or Lara, so I have never used the name much online. Previously I always used a variation on Talia, a character from the "Heralds of Valdemar" series by Mercedes Lackey. I always wanted to be Talia from the books... but many variations were usually taken, so I gave it up.

My screen name started as my Dungeouns & Dragons character / online roleplaying character. She was an elf mage bookworm. My DM (who runs the games) finally ended her run when he got mad and gave my character a book of unending happiness-- a book you can never put down. Oh well... the name is never taken-- it's my instand messenger screen name, as well as in some of my email addresses. It kinda stuck :)

Laura aka Eloewien

ekgheiy
07-23-2006, 06:00 PM
:mrgreen: :devil:

Shandeh
07-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Well, catownedanna is my way of saying that I live with two cats in the house (and nowadays also with a man, a 15-year-old, a budgie and some fish)...

I FINALLY GET IT!

You are "Cat Owned Anna"! Man....I'm SLOW! :doh:

Shandeh
07-23-2006, 09:57 PM
For ebay, I just juliaannsmom b/c my daughter is Julia Ann after my Great Grandmother and my Mother...now that I'm pregnant--I sort of feel bad like I should change my name b/c I'll be someone else's mommy too--but then what about my rating...:)

You can change your name in ebay if you want. You won't lose your rating. The numbers stay the same. You just get an icon beside your name that says you changed the name. At least that's what I understand happens. :thinking:

Secksiebrat
07-23-2006, 10:08 PM
I got this screen name years ago. An ex-boyfriend LOVED to find different ways to spell things so

Secksie = sexy and brat=me...

So I'm secksiebrat :)

Nothing special! I never have a problem getting this screen name though :)

~danielle~

catownedanna
07-24-2006, 04:46 AM

I FINALLY GET IT!

You are "Cat Owned Anna"! Man....I'm SLOW! :doh:

:rofling: I don't think you're slow...

I wasn't sure anyone would understand it as I excluded the spaces between the three parts. In Swedish we sort of make nouns and adjectives longer by adding words together. For example; cat is "katt" and owned (in this specific situation) is "ägda" and to say "cat owned Anna" we would simply add the two words (that form the final adjective) together and come out with "kattägda Anna".

Shandeh
07-24-2006, 02:54 PM
Ah!

Well up til now, I've been reading "catownedanna" as CAT TOWNE DANNA in my head.

I somehow added another T, because I thought that "towne" was your way of spelling "town", and I thought "danna" was a term from your country for something I didn't know.

How in the heck did my mind come up with that?

That's what I get for not being a world traveller. :doh:

Rorshach
07-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Well my screenname I've had for many many years, way back when the internet was mainly usenet and bulletin boards. It was oriiginally from a comic called The Watchmen, but over time I started studying Psychology as a hobby. (Yes I know I'm a bit odd) In most cases I never have to fight to get that particular nick, and when I do I usually tack on a number. or put it into hacker or "LEET' speech ie. R()R$|-|4C|-|

Ah!

Well up til now, I've been reading "catownedanna" as CAT TOWNE DANNA in my head.
Actually, since you were wondering how you came up with that, it's all in how your brain "Chunks" information, or how you split up letters and numbers, I could go into more detail, but I really don't want to bore you. :roflhard:

Shandeh
07-24-2006, 03:38 PM
Well, I've always known I had chunky hair, and now I find out I have a chunky BRAIN! Man! What ELSE am I gonna discover in this forum! :shock:

brendajos
09-13-2006, 04:12 PM
I am feeling the need to bump....we have new people who need to fess up! :blooby: :whistle:

nadja la claire
09-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Nadja la Claire is a character in a book that my DH wrote. She's kind of my alter-ego.

Nadja xxx

dustinac
09-13-2006, 04:32 PM
:?? I don't know how I missed this but I don't see my reply anywhere :shrug:

Mine is easy too Dustina is my first name with C being my last names inital.. and the "a" isn't silent :roflhard: to many sub teachers or first day teachers that would think hmm must be misspelled.. Christina? no answer... Justina? no answer... Dustin? still no answer lol.. I didnt like my name till I was older cause I hated being called Dusty or Dust bunny or Dust to Dawn (middle name) but now I like it as long as its kept Dustina :roflhard:

Petals
09-13-2006, 05:19 PM
Floral designer--I love flowers (and knitting of course)--used to be petalpusher but shortened it to petals

Stiney
09-13-2006, 06:25 PM
Hooray for Watchmen! <3 I love Alan Moore.

My username comes from when I was 14...I was obsessed with "The Raven" by Edgar Allan Poe, and memorized it on my own. And my initials are "CAW," the sound a raven or crow makes. So it's caw the raven, which was too long for AOL at the time, like "Quoth the Raven." I was an oh-so-clever 14 year old.

My other handles...First ever name was "Didi1983" for my stuffed bear, Didi, and the year I was born...that would've been...oh, 94? We got rid of AOL and then got it again when I was 13, and I pickd Lazer1983, because I liked the way it sounded, but I funkified the spelling. Everyone always thought I was a boy. I used to use "Carai Aan" which was a character name for my online roleplaying game based on Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series, but that wasn't for long.

Started using "EvilBloodyDeath" when I was a junior. My friend used to draw cartoons at lunch based on the album artwork from Radiohead's Kid A--freaky little bears. The "star" was Map--based on our friend Pam--but other characters were The Tyrant Despot and the Industrially Friendly Reaper. I got Evil Bloody Death, which was just too wonderful a name to say no to. I use it almost everywhere but didn't think it would go over so well.

Myspace I use "X-tine"--like X-mas!--and ebay I'm "nofruitsharmed" because my friend was talking about a juice that had less than 1% real fruit juice. My livejournal (also cawthraven) used to be titled "Made from Concentrate: No Fruits Harmed in the Making of this Juice" with friends page as "Less than 1% Real Fruit Juice." Now it's from a Harvey Danger song.

Facebook and gmail are my real name. :)

Witchy Mama
09-13-2006, 07:10 PM
um mine is sort of an evolved name, when I first started using the net I chose the name The Witch Of Oz becuase I am Wiccan, I am from Australia (Oz) and I love the movie THe Wizard of Oz. When I had Shannon (my eldest) I changed it to Shannons Mummy but missed the witchyness so then it changed to Shannons Witchy Mama, then I had Rohan and I thoughg that Shannon and Rohans Witchy Mama was just to long so it got shortened to Witchy Mama, that is my only screen name now (appart from my IM's which are all Shannons Mummy and my Deviant Art account which is Shannons Witchy Mama)

psammeadred
09-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Psammead from E. Nesbitt's "Five Children and It" - a psammead is a slightly sarcastic sand fairy that grants the kids a wish every day and does NOT like to get wet.

Red is from my hair!

Liliyarn
09-14-2006, 12:01 AM
Lily is my favorite flower, yarn is my favorite anything...best I could do with short notice in a sleep deprived state.

And for some very odd reason since college people call me Lily even though it's not my real name....I dunno where they get it, I don't look like a Lily and my real name is *nothing* close to lily....

And my cat's name is Kashmir
fiber is my life...

LoAnnie
09-14-2006, 12:27 PM
I believe mine should be closer to self-expanitory since I put this picture up. But anyway LoAnnie is short for Little Orphan Annie, which is what I've been called since childhood. And yes, I really do look like her.
LoAnnie

Alice's Restaurant
09-14-2006, 12:37 PM
I'll play!

The first message board I ever registered with was a breastfeeding site, when I was first nursing my daughter (Alice). Obviously, it's a play on the song.

I've used it for everything because my memory is bad enough. I don't need to add extra things to try to keep track of! But, I feel a wee bit jealous of all the cute knitting names here.

Pixywhispers
09-14-2006, 01:32 PM
Hmmm.

On parenting boards I was Babylove (and still am in my heart). And then I went through a period of reading my little girl stories of fairies and pixies. I thought it was a neat image a pixy whispering.

Its funny that you've bumped this because I've been seriously trying to come up with a new screen name.

Sissy
09-14-2006, 01:45 PM
Sissy is my dogs name.........My name is Amy. No creatitivy here,lol! Amy :shrug:

knitqueen
09-15-2006, 11:02 AM
I'm so curious about one of our newest members 'YouCantBuyThisMovement'. Care to fess up???? :thinking:

brendajos
09-15-2006, 11:12 AM
I still wanna hear from "FriedChickenonmyKnitten" (who we haven't seen for a while i don't think!)

amy
09-15-2006, 11:50 AM
Man, I know I must be busy when it takes me 2 months to discover a thread as good as this one! :doh:

Great thread Brendajos! :cheering:

Nothing to say about my simple name, of course. :teehee: Although I can tell you that my dad thought of the name Amy, after meeting Amy Irving on a plane. (At least, that's how I recall the story. :?? Who knows, with my memory!)

Mo0nAngel
09-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Well I always use Mo0nAngel no matter where I register..I can't be having tons of nicknames everywhere i'd forget them all :rofl: Moon Angel because ever since I was a kid I always prayed to God to turn me into an angel when I died..and moon because I just love anything related to space especially the moon, i've always wished we'd have at least a couple of moons :P so there ya go Mo0nAngel..and the 0 instead of the o because its more decorative and it makes it look prettier :D

Shandeh
09-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Mo0nAngel, every time I see your name, I start singing "Teen Angel" in my head, substituting "Moon" for "Teen".
http://bestsmileys.com/music1/25.gifMoon Angel, can you hear me?http://bestsmileys.com/music2/16.gif
Moon Angel, can you see me?
Are you somewhere up above,
and am I still your own true love?
:teehee:

Mo0nAngel
09-15-2006, 01:28 PM
Mo0nAngel, every time I see your name, I start singing "Teen Angel" in my head, substituting "Moon" for "Teen".
http://bestsmileys.com/music1/25.gifMoon Angel, can you hear me?http://bestsmileys.com/music2/16.gif

hahahaha i've never heard of that one!! :teehee:

Shandeh
09-15-2006, 01:57 PM
Here are the complete lyrics - it's a sad story. :pout:
http://www.cod.edu/People/Faculty/pruter/Horror/teenangel.htm

And you can listen to it here!
http://www.jerrypippin.com/audio/Teen%20Angel%20-%20Mark%20Dinning.wma

Mo0nAngel
09-15-2006, 02:12 PM
thanks!!! it is sad :( poor teen angel..i like that type of music though :D

Chel
09-15-2006, 02:13 PM
Chel... Michelle minus the first and last 2 letters. B-o-r-i-n-g!

want2knit
09-15-2006, 03:58 PM
no explanation needed here really--at the time I created mine I didn't know how to knit but wanted to very badly. Now I know how but I think I should change it to 'notime2knit'!!

Indygirl
09-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Wow, haven't heard that for a few years :cheering: It brings back nice memories.

Quiara
09-15-2006, 07:16 PM
I used to use asqmh (my initials). Now I use Quiara . . . 'cause it's my name. ^_^ Pronounced Key-'air-ah. It's a French dialectical form of Clara.

boyforpele13
09-15-2006, 08:09 PM
fun topic! mine is taken from Tori Amos' 3rd CD, Boys for Pele, Pele being the Hawaiian volcano goddess, not the famous soccer player. It is said that virgin boys were thrown into the volcano as a sacrifice to the Goddess Pele, hence Boys for Pele, but I am only one boy. ;) 13 is just my favorite number, my b-day, mom's b-day and i like it because no one else does and there's no button 13 on elevators. makes me feel special. :teehee: i have used this SN for about as many years as the CD has been out, which is around a decade, before that using hppyphantom13, based on one of the tracks from her first cd, and still use that one for yahoo.

Shandeh
09-15-2006, 08:41 PM
Wow, haven't heard that for a few years :cheering: It brings back nice memories.

Did you see the link to hear the song? I can't believe I found the whole song.

Here are the complete lyrics.
http://www.cod.edu/People/Faculty/pruter/Horror/teenangel.htm

And you can listen to it here!
http://www.jerrypippin.com/audio/Teen%20Angel%20-%20Mark%20Dinning.wma

susanc
09-15-2006, 08:50 PM
Well, mine must be the most boring! My first name is Susan and my last name starts with C. How unoriginal can I be! :oops:

brendajos
11-17-2006, 02:22 PM
bumpin' for the new comers! :thumbsup:

trollgirl
11-17-2006, 03:40 PM
This is a cool thread.

It took me forever to think of a nickname, so I settled for 'trollgirl', because I play a troll hunter in World of Warcraft. Well, not so much anymore, because WoW's endgame sucks, and if you want to get anywhere at the high levels, you pretty much have to make it a second job. Yeah... no.

susanc
11-17-2006, 04:03 PM
Hi Trollgirl!

There is a blog on here that SaraJayne's husband Shane has. He's really into WoW too! You should check it out ~ "Goober Hill - Not For the Easily Offended". It's under Blogs.

Just thought you might be interested! :shrug:

HamburgKnitter
11-17-2006, 04:34 PM
Mine is pretty self-explanatory. Hamburg is the city I live in and using "knitter" after it is supposed to inspire me into actually becoming a knitter...I certainly wasn't one yet when I first signed up here!

knitaddict
11-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Mine's pretty boring as well - I learned to knit... I became an addict. lol

I'm an admin on a sahm board and am constantly changing my screen name. It's fun to keep the ladies on their toes. ;) I've come up with so many new names that I'd love to use on here, but don't have the ability to change to them.

itsazoo
11-17-2006, 08:20 PM
This is a fun thread!

My screen name refers to my life. It's a zoo.

But I like it like that. The more animals the better.

One winter I had a baby goat living in my house because he was sick and didn't grow a winter coat. Ah, I miss those days. (OK, looking back it was fun, but I was ready to tear my hair out most days)

Here's a pic of him checking out the goods in the fridge and chewing a towel at the stove.

itsazoo
11-17-2006, 08:23 PM
This is a fun thread!

My screen name refers to my life. It's a zoo.

But I like it like that. The more animals the better.

One winter I had a baby goat living in my house because he was sick and didn't grow a winter coat. Ah, I miss those days. (OK, looking back it was fun, but I was ready to tear my hair out most days)

Here's come pics of him.

mks22300
11-17-2006, 08:33 PM
Aw, what a cute baby goat!
Mine is pretty boring, it's my initials and just some numbers I came up with.

Stiney
11-17-2006, 08:34 PM
Aw, the goat! :heart:

One of the women I work with has a four year old daughter who wants a pet goat. But because of the zoning laws, they can't get one.

brendajos
11-17-2006, 08:56 PM
okay now i need a baby goat...how adorable! :muah: :muah: :muah:

lissalue
11-19-2006, 01:04 AM
my real name is melissa, and growing up all my friends called me lissalou. when i went to get my first email accout, lissalou was taken, so i tried lissalue, and it wasn't. now the other spelling doesn't even look right!!! :teehee: it is almost always open, and like several others here if it isn't, it is usually just because i have forgotten about it. this is fun!!! i love everyone's names. :cheering:

losnana
11-19-2006, 10:28 AM
Mine rather boringingly came from the random name generator in Everquest hehe - my swap name was also from the same place =D

How strange! Years ago (35+) when my nephew was young, my DH, a human name generator himself, made up a name for him: MULENE.

I use one screen name for everything, so I don't have to remember what goes where: My first DGD is named Logan, and she calls me Nana-hence losnana.

Which is another story. When my dd was first married she and her DH bought a dog. She called to ask what I wanted the dog to call me. since I had a Nana, whom I loved dearly, that was my choice, and it carried on to the children. Needless to sy, the dog never called me Nana.

Braden
11-19-2006, 09:04 PM
I got mine because I knit Continentally. Not very original but...

ecb
11-20-2006, 12:31 AM
um mine is sort of an evolved name, when I first started using the net I chose the name The Witch Of Oz becuase I am Wiccan

Nice to meet ya, you might recognize me from other boards

i am ecb they are my initials from before I was married, and my nic name since College (thousands of years ago)
I also use pagaymom, i used to live in Pennsylvania
most people understand once I introduce as pagaymom is now living in MAINE

ecb

Orchid22
11-20-2006, 05:36 PM
Well, i figured I would go ahead and jump in here too!

My name comes from my other passion in life, growing orchids, and 22 is birthday!

Martha

madametj
11-24-2006, 03:10 PM
mine is inspired by Madame CJ Walker. since my real name begins with a T and most ppl call me "joy"...tada! madametj :teehee:

Tanya
11-25-2006, 07:38 PM
Borinnnnnggggg.....I'm Tanya. I use mamatojack on other boards but I wanted to be just 'me ' here. :teehee:

hunterjenn
11-29-2006, 08:25 PM

:roflhard: SO DID I!!! I think I like it better that way--I'm picturing this drumstick on a kittie's back.... :doh:

madametj
01-07-2007, 04:56 PM
i would like to know the reason's behind some of our newer member's screen names

JoeE
01-07-2007, 06:44 PM
As usual, I'm one of the dull people. Joe is fist name, E is last initial.

I always try to think of something clever, but can't. I considered "dullard" for my screen name, but I generally prefer to let my siblings crush my ego instead of doing it myself (that's really a joke, I *love* my siblings--now that we're all adults).

JoeE

losnana
01-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Joe, is that your dog? Looks like a wonderful black lab. I think they're the very best dogs in the world!

stitchwitch
01-07-2007, 08:26 PM
No particular reason for mine other than I thought it was a cute rhyming name. Somehow just having the screen name of Lori wasn't as catchy. :teehee:

five_six
01-07-2007, 08:49 PM
five_six... pick up sticks...

that's the reason behind mine :muah:

Cristy
01-07-2007, 09:17 PM
I'm another one w/ no creativity....Cristy is my first name and it is typically available b/c it is spelled in a way that is unusual (torturous as I used to tell my mom). I don't use my first name on anything else--my ebay name is juliaannsmom and on my yahoo group I use clambertsmith b/c Lambert-Smith is my last name and it is also typically available.

auburnchick
01-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Hey y'all!

Well, I used to be ForAuburn on all of my fav sites UNTIL I switched internet providers and messed up my name. I felt like I had cut off my arm!!!

So, I decided on AuburnChick. Why? Because I am a HUGE Auburn fan (as in Auburn Tigers - college football).

So now I have the problem of remembering which sites are under which name. :teehee: When one doesn't work, I try the other. ;)

brendajos
01-07-2007, 09:44 PM
Hey y'all!

Well, I used to be ForAuburn on all of my fav sites UNTIL I switched internet providers and messed up my name. I felt like I had cut off my arm!!!

So, I decided on AuburnChick. Why? Because I am a HUGE Auburn fan (as in Auburn Tigers - college football).

So now I have the problem of remembering which sites are under which name. :teehee: When one doesn't work, I try the other. ;)

Yours is one I have wondered about....hair or college :D

madametj
01-07-2007, 09:57 PM
Hey y'all!

they are HUGE fans of Auburn at my school. personally i could care less about college football, but it makes it reaaally easy to make gifts. gave my teacher some navy blue and orange hanger for Chirstmas, and plan on making her a double-knitted scarf w/ the logo on it :D

auburnchick
01-07-2007, 10:06 PM
Let's see...the hair used to be blonde, but it's getting darker the older my teenage daughter gets. :wall:

As far as making college-themed stuff, you've GOT to make sure it's the proper shade of orange and blue. We can't have you making something that looks like the Florida Gators. :eyebrow:

Stiney
01-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Let's see...the hair used to be blonde, but it's getting darker the older my teenage daughter gets. :wall:

At least it's not getting lighter. :teehee:

jess_hawk
01-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Hehe, my screen name usually makes most people assume that my name is Jessica, and I usually just let them believe it. Actually, Jess is a nickname from a book that a good friend and I both loved when we were younger. Hawk was once my favorite protagonist for when I write my own stories. Neither the nickname nor the character are still in common use in my life, but I keep the screen name anyway.

Cristy
01-07-2007, 10:36 PM
I know what you mean about the right shade of colors...Sports fans are quite picky!!! :) LOL!

yeah_im_crazy
01-08-2007, 01:12 AM
Ummmmmm, because I am.

That's all I have to say.

DragonsChest
01-09-2007, 12:40 AM
DragonsChest came about when I opened my online store: The Dragon's Chest, back about 4 years ago. I wanted a screen name that would twig folk's recognition of me with my store. I have since, in the last couple of months, closed down my online store, but I've made my screenname the same wherever I've gone all along. Every forum I'm on, and wow -- that's a bunch, I am DragonsChest. That way, everyone knows it's me!!!!

I am, definately, DragonsChest, both online and in the real world.

letah75
01-09-2007, 04:32 PM
This is the name I use pretty much anywhere online. I love the comic book Elfquest and the lead female character is Leetah. Unfortunately I spelled it wrong the first time I input the name, so I just continued to spell it with one 'e' instead of two. I was born in 1975, hence the 75.

I have been reading Elfquest sine the late 70's early 80's, and was hooked on it. I have a tattoo of the two lead characters Leetah and Cutter.

brendajos
01-09-2007, 04:38 PM
See now every time I see your screen name I think of Lita Ford! Spelled differently I know but that's what I think of...lol

Rayadragon
01-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Back when I was still in highschool, two friends and I decided to write a fanfiction story. Of course we were going to be in it, but it couldn't be us. I was basically put on the spot one day, and asked to come up with a different name to use. The first thing that came to mind was Raya, and that stuck as a nickname for a while. When I first started really using the internet, I decided to resurect that name, but thought it was too short by itself. I like dragons, so I tacked dragon on the end of it :P

jessi_9783
01-10-2007, 10:59 AM
My name is Jessica, but I call myself Jessi with an i not with an ie. I hate when people misspell it, but I don't know why it bothers me so much but it does. The 9783 part is my b-day, 9/7/83. I use the same name everywhere unless the the site doesn't allow the "_" then I am jessi9783. I've been using the same handle since 1998.

Joel
01-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Well... as for this screenname... its pretty obvious... that and I dont think they could fit KK's (ever growing) nickname for me in ANY login on the planet. LOL

I've had so many screen names over the years from chat and message boards that I don't remember all of them. My first (back in the 90's) was Joel6ft3 (i think). I do know I've have some names that were what I would call "Thinker names", like TallSynergy. I've also had some naughty names too (just to change it up). Today, I currently have about 7-10 active names between chat, message boards, and MySpace. Plus a couple of logins for my business and of course work. Some days I'm not sure how I keep them straight.

mrs desert rain
01-10-2007, 02:26 PM
my husband's handle on his fave forum (ny islanders) is desert rain, hence the added 'mrs' on mine. simple enough, i guess. :teehee:

janelanespaintbrush
01-10-2007, 04:59 PM
mine is taken from Tori Amos' 3rd CD, Boys for Pele, Pele being the Hawaiian volcano goddess, not the famous soccer player.

Darn! I had somehow overlooked this thread before, so when I starting reading it just now and saw someone inquiring about the origin of Boy for Pele, I thought, "I know, I know!" and couldn't wait to show everyone how clever I was for knowing. :teehee: Oh well. Good thing I read on before being repetitive. Great album, BTW.

MoniDew
01-10-2007, 11:46 PM
Mine's boring too. First 4 letters of my first name (Monica) and first 3 letters of my last (the rest, you'll just have to guess.)

Probably should'a come up with something a little more interesting, but almost everyone here uses some version of their real name, so I'm in good company, right? :teehee:
________
Mazda Rx-792P (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazda_RX-792P)

madametj
01-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Mine's boring too. First 4 letters of my first name (Monica) and first 3 letters of my last (the rest, you'll just have to guess.)

Probably should'a come up with something a little more interesting, but almost everyone here uses some version of their real name, so I'm in good company, right? :teehee:

i dont think its boring--it kinda has a ring to u.the first thing i thought of when i saw it was "Mountain Dew" :teehee:

saylor
01-11-2007, 07:50 PM
I was in a hurry to sighn up and I figured that Linda would be taken so I use my last name.

Stiney
01-11-2007, 08:10 PM

Sounds like a play on "honey dew." :teehee:

MoniDew
01-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Sounds like a play on "honey dew." :teehee:

It is, cause I'm soooo sweet! :---
________
No2 vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/no2/)

aethra
01-14-2007, 06:45 PM
aethra is my usual screen name, i've been using it for about 8 years now here and there. It comes from Greek mythology, because my real name, Zoe, is a Greek word meaning life.

Aethra was the mother of Theseus, the guy who slew the Minotaur in the Labyrinth, which is obscure enough for it to be available a lot of the time... but I did just pick it out of a book. :wall: I like it, though, so it stuck.

susanc
01-14-2007, 08:54 PM
Very creative! It's very good. I like it too!

madametj
01-15-2007, 05:26 PM
aethra is my usual screen name, i've been using it for about 8 years now here and there. It comes from Greek mythology, because my real name, Zoe, is a Greek word meaning life.

Aethra was the mother of Theseus, the guy who slew the Minotaur in the Labyrinth, which is obscure enough for it to be available a lot of the time... but I did just pick it out of a book. :wall: I like it, though, so it stuck.

so does aethra mean life too, or do u just like it cus its Greek?

aethra
01-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Aw, thanks! :teehee:

I just picked it because I really liked the name, but it means 'clear sky', or so I've heard. So, no, it doesn't have the same meaning as my real name - but that would be cool. :thinking:

Knitting_Guy
01-15-2007, 06:55 PM
Mine is nothing creative. I'm a guy who knits.

Stiney
01-15-2007, 07:00 PM

You...what... you are????

:thud:

susanc
01-15-2007, 07:16 PM

That's awesome! Welcome to KH!

madametj
01-15-2007, 08:42 PM

IrishKnitter
01-16-2007, 12:09 AM
Nothing creative here...I'm 100% Irish, and I'm a knitter! :teehee:

brendajos
07-02-2007, 07:30 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/brendajos/General%20Pics/Bump.jpg

Lotsa new users around this joint! ;)

KnittingNora
07-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Mine comes from the name we used to call the head lice lady at school!!! We used to sing nitty nora, the flea explorer, so I just expanded on that :lol:

Doodknitwit
07-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Dood for Doodle and I'm addicted to knitting so that makes me a knitwit!! :eyes: :blooby: :roflhard: :woohoo:

LibraryLady
07-02-2007, 08:58 PM
I'm trying to finish up a graduate program in Library Sciences to become a Librarian as a career change.

I've used LibraryLady on other boards, and am too CRS ridden to consider another name. Even though I'm sure there is more than one librarian on this board. :thumbsup:

LL

Arielluria
07-02-2007, 09:07 PM
You beat me to this question, I was going to post the same thing! I'm interested to see what everyone's answer is.
:muah:

OK.......my screen name is one I started using because I wanted an alias (the internet being what it is) something different enough so as to be available anywhere I tried to register........that way I could use it wherever I go..........so the name came from one of my favorite X-Files episodes (being the X-file-o-phile that I am :teehee:)........Ariel Luria was the name of a character in an episode named Kaddish (season 4). Oddly enough it turns out that the Hebrew equivalent of both my husband & my names is almost the same name............<insert eeeerie X-files music here>:teehee:

"Lu" IS short for my real name.
:flirt:

I am sitting here constantly amused by some of the screen names we see on here

Aliann
07-02-2007, 09:24 PM
My name is a combination of both first and middle, my first name is Alisha and my middle name is Ann.

nikkibeans
07-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Nikkibeans is a nickname my best friend from college gave me. I met her the first day freshman year, and it kind of stuck. She still calls me Nikkibeans every time we talk. :heart:

jeanius80
07-02-2007, 10:46 PM
mines not too interesting. a boy i dated started calling me jeanius (real name is jeanie) and 80 is my birth year :mrgreen:

i really want to know about friedchickenonmyknitten too! i still keep reading 'kitten' though :rofl: maybe we should PM her/him

bellium
07-02-2007, 10:50 PM
bellium is a college nickname. i like it because it sounds like an element in the periodic table. plus, it's always available....

chrislt8
07-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Nothing original from me...:rollseyes: Just my first name (Chris) middle and last initials and then the 8 is because I'm one of 8 siblings :waving:

syndactylus
07-02-2007, 11:08 PM
I was going to use my nickname, monkeyshines, but then I think my brain went sideways.
also, I think it was the name of my blog at the time.
and someday I will have webbed toes.

brendajos
07-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Nothing original from me...:rollseyes: Just my first name (Chris) middle and last initials and then the 8 is because I'm one of 8 siblings :waving:

for some reason i always read your name as Crystalate. :shrug:

chrislt8
07-02-2007, 11:14 PM
for some reason i always read your name as Crystalate. :shrug:
LOL - then I WOULD have been creative !:roflhard:

Krystal
07-03-2007, 12:27 AM
well, I am one of the "original" ones here. Haha.

My name is Krystal...and so is my screen name.
Tho there is an interesting story behind my name. My dad picked it out and mom liked it so that's my name. But he heard the name Crystal when watching the Frosty the Snowman sequel when he was a kid, and loved it. Yes, I am named after Frosty the Snowman's wife, "Crystal Snow" they chose a K for me, since their names are Karen and Kevin. I have brother named Kevin too. I prefer the K. Don't care for Crystal.

I usually go by Jaleco (called "J" by online friends) on message boards, but figured it was time to start retiring that. Jaleco is the name of a company that made video games. One of my fave video games involved dragons, and the name you gave it depended on how it evolved. I gave my baby dragon the name Jaleco coz it was pretty, and low and behold naming it after the software got me a Fairy which is immortal. So I carried the name over as my screen name.

DQ
07-03-2007, 06:36 AM
DQ stands for DramaQueen, because that's what my mum calls me, plus I studied drama, plus I like the band Queen :mrgreen:

redwitch
07-03-2007, 07:16 AM
redwitch... I have red hair. I also sometimes use 'goldwitch'. Carmen, I always thought 'carmen ibanez' was something to do with electric guiters... a make... or something! Can't remember why.

dawnk777
07-03-2007, 07:55 AM
dawnk777, because it always works! LOL! It's what I picked, a long time ago, for my AOL IM name! Dawn for my first name, K for my last name and 777, because I tried it, and it worked. It seems I can almost ALWAYS use dawnk777 if I need a username.

holamiis
07-03-2007, 08:15 AM
I hate having to try to use a combination of name and numbers because I'm sure it would have to be Erin2345697 to not be taken. Sooo, hola is hello in spanish and miis is cat in Yucatec.

I'm a huge hello kitty freak:)

gargoylelib
07-03-2007, 08:25 AM
This is a fun thread! I am gargoylelib because my name is
Libbie and I am a gargoyle:shifty: Or well, I collect gargoyles and
if everyone was magically turned into some fantasy creature I figure
I would end up a gargoyle! :lol:

Libbie :)

clifcris
07-03-2007, 09:32 AM
My screen name is very unimaginitive, just a combination of my DH's name and mine. However, I sometimes use the name of my maternal grandmother, AnnaLula.

OTN sampler baby blanket made of 7x9 squares of different pattern stitches. Good experience for a newbie knitter like me.

Sanibelle
07-03-2007, 09:48 AM
One of my favorite places to go on vacation is Sanibel and Captiva Islands near Ft Myers Fl. I just love it there - you feel like you are on a tropical island but you don't have to leave the US.

So I turned Sanibel into Sanibelle!

PaperGirl
07-03-2007, 10:34 AM
I used to be called something else (Traciloveslepp) BUT I picked that name out in a huge hurry when I first got online and joined the Def Leppard online communities. That was 4 years ago, and that and Pogo.com are the only places I use that name. But on Pogo Traciloveslepp was already taken. So I added an s. Weird.

PaperGirl was born when DH and I bought 2 newspapers on the coast of Texas. Even though we dont own them anymore, the name sticks...and if I go somewhere where I cant be the only PaperGirl, I usually stick an X in front of it.

Carla1019
07-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Sibelle,, I have alway wanted to know. The picture under your name, where is that from? it looks like Brice Canyon in Utah.

My name is.... Well My name plus my b-day 10- 19.. NO year..:teehee:

I have been MommySwan.. B/c I'm a mom and my part of my last name.

My DH has a neat on line name it is Richbutnot. He play poker on line, His real name is Richard.. so it is Rich.but.not... get it?:teehee:

We also go Geocaching (http://www.geocaching.com/). On that board we are know as The Griswold. From National Lampoon's Vacation movies. It works for us. We love to travel, and in the movie there is a DH--Clark, DW-- Ellen and 2 kids.. DS-- Rusty and a DD--Audrey. Just like my family.

ironmaiden
07-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Interesting thread :D.

I lift weights so that's where my name came from :D.

Feef
07-03-2007, 02:08 PM
My dad nicknamed me Fifi as an infant because even he apparently didn't like my given name. I was called Fifi, La'Fif, Feef, Daughter #2.

From mom, I was raised being called my what I thought was my given name DammitJanet. *sigh*.

I shortened it to Jan as an adult. My kids call me mom, my husband calls me hun, my grands call me Nana and GrammaNana, and my girlfriend is teaching her daughter to call me GrammaFeef.

:p

cindycactus
07-03-2007, 02:37 PM
I am glad this thread was revived. Very interesting.:thumbsup: My screen name comes from a mispronouncement of my Greek last name. :happydancing:

KnittingNat
07-03-2007, 02:53 PM
My name is Natalia and sometimes my friends call me Nat, so I'm KnittingNat.

Teeka
07-03-2007, 02:59 PM
Just my nickname since childhood! I like the BMUP road sign. :wink:

Miss Moosey
07-03-2007, 04:16 PM
My screen name is a nickname my mom gave me because I simply love everything about moose :heart:.

-Rebecca

Mommy22alyns
07-03-2007, 04:34 PM
I'm pretty straightforward - mine is because I am a mommy to (2) two alyns! Both of my girls' first names end in -a and both of their middle names end in -lyn, so I combined them. And we actually didn't plan for their names to match like that - I didn't even notice it until my youngest was several months old! :teehee:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Even though I already responded in this thread, I wanted to add an ammendment... since I joined KH I've been using mutations of my screen name for everything, and since so many people INSIST that my name *really* is Hildie ( :tap: kellyK! :tap: ), I've just taken to using that instead of my real name. Since I've recently started dating, I've introduced myself as Hildie, and I kind of like it!
Now that I'm divorced, once I get all my crap together to change myname back, I'm going to add Hildegard to my legal name :)

AmandaC
07-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Yay Hildie ..... :cheering:

ummm :oops: I think I called you Hildie to your face too .....

Nobones
07-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Mine is my nickname given to me by my hubby, now everyone uses it. I have a medical condition that makes me grow extra bones, I keep having the dam things removed, and Mike said I'm going start calling you Nobones, because you keep having bones removed and can't have any left. It stuck from that day, (9 years now) and even my orthopedic consultant calls me Nobones!

brendajos
07-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Even though I already responded in this thread, I wanted to add an ammendment... since I joined KH I've been using mutations of my screen name for everything, and since so many people INSIST that my name *really* is Hildie ( :tap: kellyK! :tap: ), I've just taken to using that instead of my real name. Since I've recently started dating, I've introduced myself as Hildie, and I kind of like it!
Now that I'm divorced, once I get all my crap together to change myname back, I'm going to add Hildegard to my legal name :)

awww i love that! :muah: I have never heard anybody call me Brendajos to my face (and would actually like to hear how people pronounce it now that I think about it...lol) but I imagine most of my knitting and teddy bear friends would if we were hanging out! :teehee:

dakatzmeow
07-03-2007, 05:43 PM
great thread! i just waded through all 22 pages!

dakatzmeow is a mutation of the phrase, 'the cat's meow'. it has kind of a chicago bears twist on it ala saturday night live. you know, da bears? dakatzmeow.

i picked out 'the cat's meow' at a time in my life when i needed to remind myself that i AM the cat's meow and not some lower image i had of myself (or one my ex had of me :yadda:).

i use this handle everywhere i go. i even tried to get it for my license plate, but for some unknown reason, it got rejected. :(

threesmom
07-03-2007, 05:52 PM
I love this thread - I've always been so curious about some of these screen names! I... uh ... have 3 kids .... so there is my creative stab at my identity at the moment. Lame, lame lame!

redheadrachel
07-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Mine's redheadrachel because I'm a redhead named Rachel! lol But for aim and most other things, I use RockmaninovRachs. Because my favorite composer is Rachmaninov and he rocks, but I switched the rach and the rock because they sound the same... it's fun because usually only musicians get it! :P

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-03-2007, 06:07 PM
it's all good, everyone calls me Hildie now! :cheering:

I say "BrendaJohz"

ADAllen
07-03-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm just my first and middle initial and my last name. :( so unoriginal.

IBAmyB
07-03-2007, 11:36 PM
My first name is Amy and my middle name starts with B. When I was growing up my parents would call me "Amy B" as a nickname. When they suprised me with a car when I was 16 (don't worry it was 10 years old!) it had a personalized plate that said "IBAMYB".... so that's my usual screenname for stuff. :)

ekgheiy
07-06-2007, 01:40 PM
You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :muah::muah:

ekgheiy
07-06-2007, 02:00 PM
My screen name is a nickname my mom gave me because I simply love everything about moose :heart:.

-Rebecca
I had no idea that moose were that big. :shock: I always thought they were a LOT smaller than they are... </random thought> :lol:

bajanKnit
07-10-2007, 03:30 PM
My screen name is simple "bajan" is local slang for Barbadian so instead of barbadianknit i just say bajanknit i am very proud of were i come from.. the beatiful island of barbados where it is summer 365 days year..:cheering::happydancing:

rebecca
07-10-2007, 08:42 PM
I was just so excited to get my name!!! I now have wished many, many, many times that I typed in "Becka" but...duh, too late now!! And then, of course, I wish Knitting Yoda (not meaning I am one, but it is my signature av!), but I hadn't even taken the photo at that point! Knitting Yoda would be the coolest name ever! I would change my name to it, but then I would then sound like I know so much about knitting which ain't even close to the truth, LOL!
I do love everyone's imagination, tho!

Stiney
07-11-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm replying again, because I changed my username. I was cawthraven, and am now Stiney.

My brother couldn't say my name when he was little, so he said "Stine" (rhymes with "queen.") One of my best friends found this out and started calling me this. At some point in college, all of my friends from home started calling me Stine. Except one, who was pronouncing it "Stine" rhymes with "mine," so he and all of his college friends call me that.

I started going by that on here instead of Christine or cawthraven, and asked Amy to switch my name. Stine was taken, but I get called "Stiney" a lot, too, so that works. :teehee:

And both pronunciations of my name are equally correct and valid. :teehee:

Brenda, I say either "brenDA-hoes" or "BRENdaJOEZ." :teehee:

Duessa
06-14-2008, 04:33 AM
As someone mentioned earlier, Mine is from the Faerie Queene. I think the story is pretty cool and I like to use literary references because they are almost never taken and I'm a Lit major so I have a huge bank to choose from. I almost always use villian names too because they are much cooler than the chick the guy gets. lol I have another user name that I use on some games, Madea. everyone thinks it's after that tv show but it's an ancient greek play and she is an evil sorceress. I guess that make me sound a little snobby. lol

mathwizard
06-14-2008, 06:30 AM
I chose my name because I am a mathematician. I have a Master of Science Degree in Mathematics and still teach on the side to friends and my sons' friends. I am a a mathwizard and that is not bragging but the truth. I think I will try a crochet teaching video, I want to try out something new!!!:cheering:

Duessa
06-14-2008, 07:26 AM
hmm...you and I may need to talk. math is my weakness!

medic777
06-14-2008, 07:47 AM
Many may think my screenname Medic777 refers to something medical or my occupation but oh no, first 2 letters of my first name, first 3 letters of my last name, and my lucky number. So there ya go. Sometime I use Nanasknitsticks. This came about when I lost one of my 14" No. 8 straight knitting needles and had looked for it for weeks. My visiting 5 year old grandson got so excited one day and said "Hey, I found Nana's knit stick!!:woohoo:

LovelyLinda
06-14-2008, 08:06 AM
Well mine is boring compared to some of the others I've seen. Linda was taken so I just added Lovely to it. I've since wished I had given it more thought but I guess I was afraid I'd forget.

Oh well.

Mirl56
06-14-2008, 08:25 AM
My name is Marilyn - at a couple boards I am MarilynL (last name starts with L - I know, so creative!!)

My nickname is Mirl; has been since I was 5 or 6 yrs old. I don't think DH even knows how to spell Marilyn. I was born in 1956 - hence Mirl56.

knitpurlgurl
06-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Mine is pretty explanatory.. although I used to use (on other sites) medassistgal or medassistteach because I am a medical assistant and until 1 month ago, I taught medical assisting (quit job to be SAHM and to RELOCATE). Basically, I wanted to have a screen name that reflected knitting on a knitting site.. but knitgirl was taken, so I tried KnitPurlGurl and it was available. So I have used it everywhere every since.

Crycket
06-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Well...

I became Cricket at a Girl Guide camp. I was about 13 and despretly wanted a nick name, like some of the other girls.

We were at a Regional Park, one that we could camp at. There were other Scouts there that weekend, and we kept happening upon this one particular group of boys.
One of them had blue lips (he was eating blue candy...*smiles*) So I was razzing him every time we happened to cross paths. Well...by the end of the day...his leader was saying "ooooo Corkys got a girlfriend" tauntingly every time I walk by.

I don't know how many of you remember the talking dolls of the 80's, but there was a Doll that came out by the name of Cricket, and later followed with her brother Corky. So...he was Corky, I ended up with Cricket.

I slowly ended up adapting to Crycket when I found it was rather hard to get the C-R-I-C-K-E-T spelling. Seeing as my real name is Crysta, it only seemed to fit that I take it on as that spelling anyway.

knittingymnast
06-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Hey you all!

Not trying to impose, but I created a thread on this, too! If y'all wanna read about other pplz screen names, then check it out!

Here it is:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76087

tokmom
06-15-2008, 04:02 PM
TOK= Tons of Kids. I have 7.
Mom explains itself. :mrgreen:

Ladylou
06-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Hey Everyone!:heart:

What a fun thread!:teehee:

"Ladylou" comes from in part a nickname and in part my horse's name:teehee: When we bought my horse her registered name was "PF Snow Chex". Well, I didnt like it very much but you cant change it officially. So we just named her for at home, "Chloe Lou". We thought it was cute and it matches her sassy personality:teehee: The "lady" prefix from from my nickname at school of being "lady barbie" (which is a really, really long story. My best friend came up with it, despite my complaints. It was something about me being blonde and 6 foot, and being hit by a parked car once. Yeah, it really happened:teehee: ).

And so... Ladylou was born!:heart:

Love,
Lexie:muah:

Raeknitsnwa
06-15-2008, 04:39 PM
I have to say I wish I had some cool story behind my screen name but sadly I don't lol mines is pretty explainitory I am Rae I knit & I live in Washington hence Raeknitsnwa boring yes I know but easy to remember lol :happydance:

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
06-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Mine's obvious...

My 10 year old plays pop warner football... in our town the pop warner league is the "Little Huskies" since the high school football team is The Huskies....

next fall my 7 year old may be joining the football teams as well... so i shortened Little to Lil.... and I'm their mom..

So Little Huskies Football Mom
Shortened to LilHuskiesFootBallMom

Wanda Witch
06-15-2008, 06:36 PM
Years ago I dated a fellow who loved horse racing in L.A. While we were dating there was some poor old nag named Wanda Witch he would always bet on whatever track she was running. Well, I doubt if Wanda Witch ever got out of the starting gate, never mind win. I guess that is why he never proposed to me - a loser, no, but friends and I have had fun with it over the years. Plus, I had (still do by the bottle) black hair and even my DH of almost 45 years calls the broom my vehicle!! :wink:

Ronda
06-16-2008, 08:49 AM
I have never heard anybody call me Brendajos to my face (and would actually like to hear how people pronounce it now that I think about it...lol)

I went sort of Spanish - Brenda-Hos. :D

KnittinMitchie
06-17-2008, 07:09 PM
My screen name is about as dull as brendajos or Mirl56.

My daughter's name is Michelle and we call her Mitchie for short and since i knit stuff for her it became KnittinMitchie

I know SUPER creative.

punkhippiemom
06-18-2008, 12:45 AM
I wish I could actually get my name for once, but since Becka got to it frst ;) I had to get creative. I had been mamabear7789 before (someone I used to know called me mamabear while I was expecting ds#1, and 7789 was my first PIN number ever - but not anymore, so don't get any ideas!) but wanted something a bit more 'me' - my hubby got me addicted to punk music + I am a hippie at heart, + I love being a mom , which = punkhippiemom. I rock so hard.

jess_hawk
06-18-2008, 08:34 AM
I posted way back when, but was reading through and thought I'd add - on other forums (and my blog) I use Emilai333 because my name is Emily but I HATE Emily. I have 4 cousins named Emily (my mom swears she only knew two Emily's in the whole world before I was born... odd because I have three cousin Emily's who are older than me) and outside of them have had classes with up to seven Emily's in one class. Emilai was the result of working with Emilee - most of us could pronounce Emilee with a slightly different stress than Emily and get by, but the boss could never hear the difference so I became Emilai and she stayed Emilee. Emilai is pronounced Em-ill- I.
My favorite number is 3.