PDA

View Full Version : How many addi circulars can a Knitpicks optional case hold?

skNYC
07-08-2006, 02:10 PM
I saw they having the case with 6 pockets for $19.95. It looks great but how many addi turbos can it hold? Say I buy extra pockets and stick in like 30something addis...

rebecca
07-08-2006, 02:21 PM
:thinking: :?? hmmmm, I don't know, depends on how you like to store your needles, I think. For example, I have all of my addis still in their original packaging. Were it me, I would store all lengths of each size in the singular pocket. For example, I would put all of my size 8 addis in one large pocket...I have these lengths: 12", 16", 24", 32"...I think these would store nicely, but more, IMHO, would get tangled ;)

SandraEllen
07-08-2006, 08:04 PM
I agree with rebecca. But i think that 4 of the pages that come with the binder would be kinda useless to you. at least the 2 pages that have 3 pouches. You can probably buy a couple extra of the undivided pages and use those.

Here. I tried some things out.
http://brewerdigitalarts.com/knitting/images/circs.jpg

the image on the left has size 5 and 6 16" circs in it. I only have one set of addis so i can't tell, but my longer lengths of circs wouldn't fit in the split pouch because the needles were too long to fit.

the image on the right has 4 different circs in it. different sizes and lengths. i can definitely see tangling being an issue. When i try to get out one pair, they all come with it.

brendajos
07-08-2006, 11:55 PM
ya know i just got my first patternworks catalog today and there were knitting pouches in there...here (http://www.patternworks.com/PWShopping/partsview.asp?action=lookup&partno=300208&subject=U35&catpos=12) they are....says they can go into a three ring binder. is this something like what you are looking for?

skNYC
07-09-2006, 10:38 AM
ya know i just got my first patternworks catalog today and there were knitting pouches in there...here (http://www.patternworks.com/PWShopping/partsview.asp?action=lookup&partno=300208&subject=U35&catpos=12) they are....says they can go into a three ring binder. is this something like what you are looking for?

:thumbsup: This is exactly what I had been looking for, pockets that fits in a standard size folder. Thanks ! Now I just have to find a nice 2-3 inch thick light-weight nylon or leather binder with a zipper.

Thanks everyone for the help !

skNYC
07-24-2006, 11:37 AM
It's against my nature to buy things at a full price :(

knitwit
07-24-2006, 10:26 PM
I think I found a good substitution- I bought a 3 ring binder from office depot and a bunch of zippered pencil pockets ~ the clear plastic kind. They can hold several circs in each pocket or dpns ~ although I do have a seperate pocket for each needle. The pockets were .49 each and the binder was $2.49 - so I spent less than $8 (binder plus 10 pockets) and have a great place to store my needles. I also added alphabet tabs in the back, hole punched all of my loose printed patterns from everywhere under the sun and stuck those in the back. I think to make it more knitterly, I might put yarn labels in the clear pockets on the front, side & back of the binder.

skNYC
07-25-2006, 10:33 AM
I think I found a good substitution- I bought a 3 ring binder from office depot and a bunch of zippered pencil pockets ~ the clear plastic kind. They can hold several circs in each pocket or dpns ~ although I do have a seperate pocket for each needle. The pockets were .49 each and the binder was $2.49 - so I spent less than $8 (binder plus 10 pockets) and have a great place to store my needles. I also added alphabet tabs in the back, hole punched all of my loose printed patterns from everywhere under the sun and stuck those in the back. I think to make it more knitterly, I might put yarn labels in the clear pockets on the front, side & back of the binder.

Can you provide a photo please ? :oops:

knitwit
07-25-2006, 08:18 PM
SKNYC- Here you go! Let me know if you have any questions, suggestions, etc. the binder is a 3" ring binder and the pockets are almost the same length as the binder. They will be able to hold multiple needles, but right now, I only have one of each kind in each pocket.

skNYC
07-25-2006, 08:49 PM
Very celever! Thanks for sharing !

brownishcoat
07-25-2006, 10:21 PM
I saw some zippered 3-ring binders at Wal-mart. They were canvas and ~$10. They also had lots of pockets in assorted sizes which would be great for your other notions.

Pixywhispers
07-25-2006, 10:53 PM
Speaking of circular storage, I thought this was nifty.

http://www.skacelknitting.com/whatsnew.php