PDA

View Full Version : FOs - Socks for DH and DS

nicolethegeek
07-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Well I finally got pics today of some socks I had made for hubby and kidlet. When Lissa saw that Daddy put on socks and Mom took a picture; then Alex put on socks and Mom took a picture; she went and found one sock that I had knitted for myself, and one of the older girls' socks, and put them on. Of course Mom had to take a picture!

Hubby's socks are an Olive shade of Mission Falls 1824 superwash WW 100% wool. Alex's socks are Army Hot Bernat Sox, and Lissa's mismatched socks are also Bernat Sox.

horve1
07-08-2006, 03:24 PM
:thumbsup: Nice socks! Verrrrry nice kidlet!!!

Jan in CA
07-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Those came out very nice! Your daughter is adorable!

rebecca
07-08-2006, 04:00 PM
All of your socks look great! I must say that the kidlet steals the show, though ;) she is tooo cute :thumbsup:

sara_jayne
07-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Great job! Your DD is so cute!

nicolethegeek
07-08-2006, 07:06 PM
I just wish I had gotten a video of her doing that. It was ADORABLE. After I had taken the pics of Derek and Alex with their socks, she had asked me to take pics of her. I suppose I SHOULD mention that while I was taking pics of Derek, she insisted that I take pics of her holding up the dirty side of her Spongebob flip-flops {about 4 pics I think! :roflhard: }. Anyway, I told her that I would take some pics of her later. That was when she went and dug out those other two socks that I had made {mis-matched but who cares?}, pulled them on herself, and then got up on the chair that Alex had been sitting on and started posing for the camera! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Freyja
07-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Great socks! :thumbsup:

AnreeAce
07-09-2006, 11:13 AM
:heart: :heart:

Too sweet!

Angelia
07-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Love the socks!!! Your DD is hilarious! :rofling:

nicolethegeek
07-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Your DD is hilarious! :rofling:

You can say that again!

Your DD is hilarious! :rofling:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Seriously though, I don't think a day goes by where I don't fall over laughing at *something* she has done or said. She is such a fruitcake! Today she is crawling all over the house and meowing... Alex told her that she's a kitty cat. She even meows with emotion, like a real cat! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Mama Bear
07-09-2006, 01:58 PM
Today she is crawling all over the house and meowing... Alex told her that she's a kitty cat. She even meows with emotion, like a real cat

She just knows that so many blogs have cats, and she doesn't want you to be without ;)

Love the family of socks!

Mama Bear

mulene
07-10-2006, 10:30 AM
:cheering: great socks :)

nicolethegeek
07-10-2006, 10:35 AM
She just knows that so many blogs have cats, and she doesn't want you to be without ;)

Could be! :thinking: Although she's about the only kind of cat that I'm not allergic to! ;)

feministmama
07-10-2006, 10:41 AM
Get that child acting lessons! Someday she'll be a staaaaaaahhh

nanonette
07-11-2006, 09:48 PM
Awesome socks!!! Your DD is a doll!

Mer
07-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Great job! Did you use a pattern for the top one? I really like it!

nicolethegeek
07-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Did you use a pattern for the top one?

Yes, I did. The pattern is called "Heavy Socks" and is from Briggs & Little. I bought mine from Ram Wools (www.ramwools.com). It's available on their website as "Hockey Socks". It's a very easy, and very well written basic ribbed pattern for socks done in worsted weight, in two sizes.

Mama Bear
07-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Mama Bear wrote:
She just knows that so many blogs have cats, and she doesn't want you to be without

Nicole wrote:
Could be! Although she's about the only kind of cat that I'm not allergic to!

I doubt you would be allergic to our cats! You can ride in ours when there is snow on the ground ;)

Mama Bear