PDA

View Full Version : Knitting Thimbles

ekgheiy
07-08-2006, 05:57 PM
Hey - check out my latest find at Wally World....

I read about knitting thimbles a while back, but have never actually seen any in the stores - until today!! :mrgreen:

I haven't used them yet. It should be fun to work with them for the first time...

Ingrid
07-08-2006, 05:58 PM
I've always been curious if they'd be of any use--be sure to give us a complete report!

ekgheiy
07-08-2006, 06:04 PM
I've always been curious if they'd be of any use--be sure to give us a complete report! Certainly!!! :thumbsup: Too bad I can't do it right now - I'm nowhere near my stash **sob** >teehehe<

Jenelle
07-08-2006, 09:16 PM
How do they work? :??

rebecca
07-08-2006, 10:14 PM
I tried using one one time, but I can't seem to knit with something like that on my finger. LOL, I couldn't even knit with a bandaid that was on my finger to cover the holes I had poked in it with sharp dpns...took the bandaid off and knit on until it turned into a callous :blush:

ekgheiy
07-09-2006, 02:19 PM
:thinking: So are, I tried both of them with one color conti-knitting. The red one is a little cumbersome because it's not form fitting; it slides around your finger way too much. But I can see the metal working rather well with two colors. I think it would be *better* though if it sat higher on the finger (that is ... closer to the finger tip).

I'm off to try it w/ English knitting now... :thumbsup:

ekgheiy
07-09-2006, 02:23 PM
First thought on english knitting with the thimble... the metal one is pretty much useless english style. But the red one works better english style ;) Oh now I *really* can't wait to try it with two colors (with the metal one) and up to fours colors with the red one ... :drooling: