PDA

View Full Version : OMG... Has anyone used Patons Carmen?

skNYC
07-10-2006, 01:49 PM
I picked up 2 skeins of Patons Carmen the other day and I found it be the softest yarn I'd ever touched ! Of course I had not touched that many type of yarns myself. So for those who have had the luck to feel a lot of good soft yarns, what do you think?! :shock:

Jan in CA
07-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Personally I hate that furry stuff, but it does look soft!

snephenie
07-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Carmen is really soft but there is hardly any yarn in the ball...that and it's rarely ever on sale. I will only allow myself to pay full price for that yarn.

skNYC
07-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Carmen is really soft but there is hardly any yarn in the ball...that and it's rarely ever on sale. I will only allow myself to pay full price for that yarn.

How about using those 40% off coupons? I used two on two skeins, so they were $3.59 each.

gracelessamanda
03-03-2009, 12:59 AM
There is a website that is selling them for $1 each. smileysyarn.com You do have to buy $50 worth of yarn though but it still is cheaper. The highest price yarn they have is $2.99 for stuff that would normally cost almost $9. So well worth it. Isn't Carmen discontinued? I could only find it online where I live. Their website says it is discontinued. Anyway, there is the site. Thought it could be of some help if you needed yarn.

suzeeq
03-03-2009, 11:19 AM
That's the kind of yarn that usually ends up in dollar stores or Big Lots.

sd4837
05-17-2010, 07:29 PM
I love Patons Carmen! I have made several afghans. They are in demand in my family. They are so soft and warm and they wash beautifully! I don't know how anyone can say they don't like it. I am on the internet looking for it all the time. Does anyone out there have any to sell or know where you can still buy it?

lbakeman
06-16-2010, 07:17 PM
Knitting with Paton's Carmen is a sensory experience...I can't believe it was discontinued or that folks think it's Big Lots material. But...to each his own. I find knitting with wool to be misery. It is a beautiful yarn and a joy to work with!

lbakeman
06-16-2010, 07:20 PM
I have six skeins - whole, unopened, in Ebony (black shot through with gold and ivory). I have it listed on Craig's List in Michigan. Let me know if you're interested!

smithcommajennifer
08-31-2011, 11:58 PM
Do you still have that yarn for sale? I know it was last year, but i've been looking everywhere and I only need one skein!

smithcommajennifer
09-01-2011, 12:00 AM
I can't say I enjoy working with it (cramps my hands for some reason) but the end result is always beautiful. I find working it on a knitting loom to be the easiest.