PDA

View Full Version : Felting Question

Josie
07-10-2006, 02:16 PM
I just recently got the Fiber Trends Felted Clogs Pattern (late to the party, I know) and I'm anxious to get started on my first pair! My brother would like me to make him clogs using WOTA in Grass and Cloud (he's a Michigan State Grad), but I remember reading somewhere, at some point, that white wool won't felt. Is this true? Does that mean that Cloud won't felt? Has anyone had any experience felting Cloud colored WOTA? Thanks for your help!

brendajos
07-10-2006, 02:41 PM
i don't think the cloud will but someone else will be able to tell for sure. they do have a "natural" wota that i don't think is chemically bleached that i believe does felt.

knitwit2
07-10-2006, 02:43 PM
I haven't felted with WOTA Cloud Yarn but I know most white yarn don't felt. The Cascade 220 White felts though. It felts a little slower than the colored but it still works.

Josie
07-10-2006, 04:38 PM
Thanks, guys... Rather than risk the cloud not felting, I'm going to to with brendajos idea to use natural -- it should work out just fine. I think my brother was just more interested in the "essence" of MSU colors, rather than exactly matching them! Off to order now!