PDA

View Full Version : WIP - DROPS designs tank

knitqueen
07-11-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm working on this tank (http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=69&d_id=18&lang=us) from DROPS designs. I am making it in Knitpicks Shine Sport 'Green Apple'. This is what I have so far. It is becoming monotonous so I'm glad that I'm about 3/4 of the way through the body part before dividing for the armholes, and I've decided (with the help of some of you on a different thread) to add some short rows for the bust. I'm kinda a size small but with a not so small bust, so I'm going to be adventurous and try it out. I've been freaking out about running out of yarn - I only have 5 balls - so yesterday I just bit the bullet and ordered 3 more balls so I'm sure to have enough, especially since I'm adding the short rows and would like the make the whole thing a tad longer than the pattern says. I'm not exactly interested in showing off my post-two babies belly ;) .

Here it is :XX:

knitqueen
07-11-2006, 01:07 PM
P.S. I find it really kinda odd that on the picture shown with the pattern, you can't see those mini cables AT ALL :thinking:

sara_jayne
07-11-2006, 01:08 PM
Beautiful so far - I'm in love with that color! I hope the modifications work out for you. I always worry about not having enough yarn - and then I end up with way to much!

Silver
07-11-2006, 01:16 PM
It is beautiful. Yeah, it is odd that the pattern pic doesn't show the cables. They're a really nice adornment.

knitqueen
07-11-2006, 01:17 PM
Thanks SJ. I'm preeeetty sure I would have run out of yarn with what I had, considering it's going to take at least 3 balls of yarn just to complete the body part, that would only leave me 1 ball for the back and 1 ball for the front plus the straps, and I wouldn't be able to lengthen it at all. I didn't want to cut it that close! Now I can just knit on my merry way and wait for my extra 3 balls to arrive! :thumbsup:

knitqueen
07-11-2006, 01:18 PM
It is beautiful. Yeah, it is odd that the pattern pic doesn't show the cables. They're a really nice adornment.

Thanks. The two little cables that go up the front run right up across the boobs to the top of the front piece. I hope it doesn't focus too much attention "there". :lol:

Jan in CA
07-11-2006, 01:29 PM
That is just beautiful! Did you add the design yourself? It doesn't look like the pattern has one, but the photo isn't nearly as good as yours for detail. You're doing a great job on it!

ETA: Never mind you explained the cables not showing on the pattern. ;)

rebecca
07-11-2006, 02:07 PM
Beautiful, can't wait to see the FO...love, love the color.

SandraEllen
07-11-2006, 02:09 PM
I REALLY like the color that you're using. Should be very pretty...

jazzyp
07-11-2006, 02:11 PM
That is a really lovely design, you're knitting it up wonderfully!

gardenmommy
07-11-2006, 02:12 PM
Can't wait to see it done! :cheering:

knit-a-holic
07-11-2006, 02:30 PM
It's coming along nicely! The pattern looks pretty cool. Hope it comes out the way you planned. That would suck if it didn't fit after all that hard work! :frog: I've experienced it quite alot with making hats. Grrr! :rollseyes:

feministmama
07-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Hey you can't see those cute little cables in the picture with the pattern. Ah whatever. Cute top, nice color. :cheering: :XX:

knitqueen
07-14-2006, 01:02 AM
I did the short rows for the bust - they turned out okay but not perfect, I'll have a few stitches to tighten up that will hopefully stay put once blocked. I think I'm 2 rounds away from binding off for the armholes and then dividing front and back. I'm also on my last ball of yarn so now I have to wait on Knitpicks. It shipped today, so who knows how long until it reaches the great white north :lol: :rollseyes: .

itsbecca1979
07-15-2006, 07:24 PM
That is so pretty! I can't wear tanks with thin straps anymore, since birthing/breastfeeding 3 kids has blessed me with 38F boobies!

Amber
07-16-2006, 05:45 PM
Very pretty!! I love the little cables and pretty color too!

AnreeAce
07-16-2006, 08:38 PM
:heart: :heart:

That's looking so so good! Keep us posted!

Josie
07-17-2006, 02:27 PM
That is really beautiful! Since seeing yours, I've added it to my long list of "to dos", but I was a little confused by the pattern -- it says to center the marker on the left side between two knit stitches, but it looks like the chart starts with one purl stitch. Were the written directions a misprint? I'm not experienced at all with charts, so it's probably just that I'm reading it wrong :oops: , but I'm confused before I actually begin knitting!! (Not a good sign...)

knitqueen
07-17-2006, 03:25 PM
Yes, the directions were wrong. The beginning of the round marker is centered between two PURL stitches.

Josie
07-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Thanks, knitqueen! I feel much better now... :happydance: I'm looking forward to seeing your FO -- thanks for sharing!

Angelia
07-17-2006, 10:02 PM
That's beautiful, KQ, beautiful!! :inlove: :inlove:

knitqueen
07-17-2006, 10:34 PM
I'll be running out of yarn tonight :( , I'm about 2/3 of the way through the upper bodice part and because the rows are getting shorter and shorter as I go, even though what I have left looks like only a small bit of yarn, I think I'll be able to finish the front with it. Now I'll just wait for the rest of my yarn to get here, hopefully before next week because we're going on holidays and I want to wear my tank!!

I'll post a progress pic tonight once I run out of yarn.

knitqueen
07-17-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm not experienced at all with charts, so it's probably just that I'm reading it wrong :oops: , but I'm confused before I actually begin knitting!! (Not a good sign...)

If you decide to actually make this, ask me questions if you run into problems - I have found that this pattern kind of assumes a bit of stuff, and there were other things I needed to figure out that weren't specified in the pattern. For instance, I had to figure out on which row to start the chart #2 in order for the little cables to cross on the right side rows. Stuff like that. All that's needed is in the pattern, it's just not always too specific, does that make sense?? :thinking: Anyways, I did find that the chart for the bodice was a bit wonky so I'd be happy to help you with that part too, if you need it once you get there.

Josie
07-18-2006, 08:09 AM
Thanks -- I'll definitely take you up on that -- just don't be too surprised if it takes me awhile... I'm trying to get done with some Christmas presents right now so that I'm not scrambling in December like last year... I really do love that tank, though, and I'm really looking forward to knitting it!

knitqueen
07-18-2006, 10:18 AM
Sorry, no picture yet :blush: , it took me longer to finish the bodice than I thought, then I got to watching CSI last night... :lol: Today I'll get that picture, I promise! I had enough yarn to finish the bodice and still some left, maybe even enough for the straps. I tried it on as best I could and it actually fits really really well!! :happydance: It makes me look even bustier than I am, but oh well, dh won't mind!! ;)

knitqueen
07-18-2006, 04:01 PM
:D

Josie
07-18-2006, 05:12 PM
That is SOOOO pretty!! :inlove:

Cristy
07-18-2006, 09:18 PM
I love it--it's very beautiful! Good work!

knit-a-holic
07-19-2006, 02:23 AM
It's turning out great! :D

catownedanna
07-19-2006, 05:11 AM
I love this tank top!!! Can't wait to see it finished and worn! :cheering:

SandraEllen
07-19-2006, 12:21 PM
It's such a feminine top, and beautifully knit too!!!
Can't wait to see a pic of it on!

knitqueen
07-25-2006, 03:07 PM
Phew, I'm breathing a sigh of relief!! We leave for holidays tomorrow morning and today, my yarn arrived!! I can finish my tank!

:cheering: :cheering:

itscryttle
07-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Very nice! I love the color!

Tammy6071
07-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Very nice!! Im making my DD a shrug in the same yarn and color!

maxmom
07-28-2006, 10:45 AM
This is looking great. You do very nice work.