PDA

View Full Version : lace knitters?

Stonington
07-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Good morning! I have found a wonderful site for lace patterns. http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns-lace.htm I have been searching for patterns to make a knitted lacey window panel and there are some beautiful ones here. My question is - what should I use for yarn? I do not want anything too fine, but want it to be lacey. :thinking:

Is that as clear as mud? :roflhard:

Thanks so much!
anne
sebago, ME

Mod Squad was here :D

knitqueen
07-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Hope you don't mind, I edited your post to take out the period at the end of the web address. It wasn't working because of that, but now is fine. You're right, what a lovely site.

As long as you use a needle size that would normally be too large for the yarn you choose, you will get a lacy effect. You don't need to go with thread-fine yarn and tiny needles to get nice lace. Also, you'll want to use something that would be able to be blocked (Wool, cotton, other animal fibers...I'd stay away from synthetic) because blocking evens out the lace and allows it to stand out really well.

Stonington
07-12-2006, 10:50 AM
:blush: Knitqueen.. thank you.... as you see I have the dreaded dot disease. lol

anne
sebago, ME

Denise in Michigan
07-14-2006, 06:41 PM
That's a truly wonderful site! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

Stonington
07-17-2006, 10:55 AM
That's a truly wonderful site! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

Welcome :sunny:

anne
sebago ME

Mer
07-17-2006, 09:49 PM
That sounds pretty! If it's going to be something you're hanging in a window, you'd probably want a light weight yarn as well, just so it's not sagging. So, animal fibers would work, probably not worsted weight cotton or something like that.

Stonington
07-18-2006, 08:01 AM
That sounds pretty! If it's going to be something you're hanging in a window, you'd probably want a light weight yarn as well, just so it's not sagging. So, animal fibers would work, probably not worsted weight cotton or something like that.

Mer,
Do you think this http://www.knitpicks.com/Yarns/itemid_5420108/yarn_display.aspx
would be too fuzzy? Thanks!

anne
sebago ME

Mer
07-18-2006, 10:13 AM
I think that would work--it would block nicely!

Stonington
07-18-2006, 10:16 AM
I think that would work--it would block nicely!

Thanks! :cheering:

anne
sebago ME