PDA

View Full Version : OT - Project Runway

AidanM
07-13-2006, 02:14 AM
Is anybody going to be watching Season 3? I know I am! I love Project Runway. Is there anything better than high-strung fashion designers who lose their cool?

Nocturna
07-13-2006, 03:55 AM
*raises hand* I'm totally gonna watch Project Runway this season. I've been a diehard fan since season 1... I have to admit though, the people on this season are gonna have to be a lot less annoying for me to start liking them, they have big shoes to fill. No one can come close to Andrae, Santino or Jay... its sad that they're not on the show anymore!

Oh, and supposedly whoever gets kicked off the show did something beyond horrible... who do you think it is? (I know its too early to predict anything but its fun, lol) I think its the Santino wannabe w/ the tattoos everywhere...

AidanM
07-13-2006, 04:14 AM
I don't know what it was, but I bet it either violated somebody else's work or it was something sexual. Either way I'm just hoping that whoever the victim(s) is/are that they are okay.

I like the Robert guy so far. But I also think he's cute and dateable, so take that as you will! lol! I don't like the Milan fellow. He's...so GD hoity-toity! "I was very irritated that we would be using bed linens and curtains. I prefer fabrics....of a higher quality." He was just so effing pretentious. Like "Oh god, I didn't realize I'd be with such lowbrows." BAH HUMBUG, MILAN, MAY YOU BE ELIMINATED!

JLC
07-13-2006, 09:00 AM
I hadn't planned on it, but I'll probably get sucked in part-way through when they have one of those days where they run all the episodes back to back on a rainy day. That's what happened to me before, but I think it was the first season. I think I only saw a couple shows of the last one.

becjo
07-13-2006, 10:29 AM
I've been sucked in Project Runway since Season 1 - There is no personality better than Jay! He was the funniest guy ever! I dont know if you saw that special they did on him, I havent laughed harder! :roflhard:

This past season - I loved Andre - but my favorite designer was Daniel V - I cant believe he didnt win. When Chloe won - I screamed as someone put a splinter under my fingernail - NNNOOOOO!!!! Then 5 minutes later, I was over it! I still wanted Daniel to win though!

It just amazes me how they make these beautiful things so quickly. I dont even OWN a sewing machine!

I had to TIVO it (thought I did see the ending with the runway) but did they say what the end is? It's usually NY Fashion Week because they ran the 1st two in the fall. What are they doing for this one as the big finale show?

janelanespaintbrush
07-13-2006, 10:38 AM
Most reality shows annoy the heck out of me, but DH and I have been fans of PR since season one. He calls it "your show" (your meaning mine) but I think he's even more into it than I am. Funny thing is, I think I'm more interested in the designs but he's more interested in the personalities. A lot of times I wish I could just fast-forward to runway show and skip the other stuff.

Of course, DH makes me watch the whole thing. I vote for Malan guy for this year's Santino/Wendy (the one you love to hate). As DH put it, he's just "creepy." I was disappointed that his design wasn't bad because I really wanted him to be humiliated and booted off. Oh well.

I thought Keith's dress (the one who won) looked very well put together, but I didn't want him to win because of his arrogance. I have to admit that I was impressed that it was the first dress he ever designed. When he showed up to the interview with only men's wear I really wanted them to tell him thanks but no thanks. The gall!

I thought Robert's dress was really cute (and much more original than Robert's) and I wanted him to win. Maybe next time.

I was thinking it would be cool if a knitwear designer could be on the show, but I suppose that the time constraints would keep it from being feasible. Too bad.

Oh well. Carry on....

janelanespaintbrush
07-13-2006, 10:42 AM
I had to TIVO it (thought I did see the ending with the runway) but did they say what the end is? It's usually NY Fashion Week because they ran the 1st two in the fall. What are they doing for this one as the big finale show?

I think Jay said he was showing the fall, which makes me think there's another one in the fall when they show the spring collections.

janelanespaintbrush
07-13-2006, 10:45 AM
This past season - I loved Andre - but my favorite designer was Daniel V - I cant believe he didnt win.

Yeah, Daniel V was my favorite too because not only was he super talented, but he was actually nice. (And cute, too!)

Silver
07-13-2006, 12:28 PM
*raises hand* I'm a Project Runway junkie. I've seen season 1 and 2, three times each thanks to PR marathons.

I love Daniel Vosovic too. Thought he was super talented, cool, sweet, not big headed and soooo soooo cute. :heart:
Oh, and I HATED Santino from day one, and still do. UGH.

This season, faves so far are Laura, Michael and Keith.
I will dance a little jig of glee when Malan gets the boot.

AidanM
07-13-2006, 01:05 PM
*raises hand* I'm a Project Runway junkie. I've seen season 1 and 2, three times each thanks to PR marathons.

I love Daniel Vosovic too. Thought he was super talented, cool, sweet, not big headed and soooo soooo cute. :heart:
Oh, and I HATED Santino from day one, and still do. UGH.

This season, faves so far are Laura, Michael and Keith.
I will dance a little jig of glee when Malan gets the boot.
I'm SO glad I wasn't the only one to hate Santino! Everyone at my school LOVED him for his designs and I just kept saying "BUT HE'S SUCH A C*CK!"

My faves so far are Robert Best, Laura Bennett, (loved her "slippery-slope" quote!) and Keith Michael. That Vincent guy is getting on my nerves. He's like...the dirty 50 year old in the 21-and-older club, you know?

janelanespaintbrush
07-13-2006, 01:27 PM
That Vincent guy is getting on my nerves. He's like...the dirty 50 year old in the 21-and-older club, you know?

I admit that Vincent seems pathetic in some ways, but I'm sorta rooting for him (maybe not to win, but to at least get back to a successful designing career) because I have a soft spot for underdogs. I respect his courage to go back into fashion after so long. Cashing in his 401(k) was a big risk. And I don't think age is a big deal. I'm 35 so maybe I'm biased, but I hate to think I couldn't start a different career if I found something I really wanted to do. If Grandma Moses had that attitude, she never would've started painting.

Nocturna
07-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Haha, am I the only Santino- lover here? He may have been rude and mean and horrible, and I didnt agree with what he'd do all the time, but in the end I liked him... I wanted Daniel to win, though! Chloe was too annoying. (lol I get annoyed with people verrry fast)

This is fun! I'm glad I'm not the only PR fan here.

"Tim Gunn, Tim Gunn, if he calls you're name you're done... What happened to Andrae?" (haha...)

hedgehog
07-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Ooooh, i loves me my Project Runway!!

My mother and i are TOTAL junkies. In fact, i got a speeding ticket in February racing home to watch it (it was the the flower-dress episode). :oops: (it took a lot to admit that!)

I've seen 'em all, numerous times and have been eagerly awaiting this season (which i was surprised they had!)

I'm with most of you - Santino was a complete ***!! They botched the two times they should have truly gotten rid of him - 1.) the lingerie episode (i mean, come on!!!) and 2.) the Sasha Cohn skating outfit. Both were horrific jokes!

I also agree that this season's Laura, Robert and Keith are interesting! I loved Robert's dress - so chic and interesting. The blue one looked like something Kara Janx would have pulled together last season.. seen it before, thanks! BUT, for a first time garmet, it was nice.

Bring on the next episode - can't wait!!
-hh

DeAnzaJig
07-13-2006, 05:48 PM
I am into Project Runway also! Somehow I started watching Season 1 and after that I was hooked. I can't sew at all and I just :heart: watching them make something out of nothing.

I liked Santino from Season 2. Yes, he was an *** and I probably would have knocked him over the head with my sewing machine if I were stuck in that room with him, but at least his designs were interesting. Chloe and Dan...eh. They had nice stuff, but I want to see something different.

If Malan is suppose to be the "bad guy" this season, at least it looks like he can actually produce, unlike S1_Pepper.

AidanM
07-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Pepper. My god. Inconsistent, at her best she was mediocre, and wtfutz was up with that sheer top in her final collection?

knitwit
07-14-2006, 07:22 AM
I :heart: project runway!! I'm not sure who my favorite is yet- I want to give it another week or so to see what they really do. But I have to ask what was up with the baaket hat? I mean thank gawd that didn't go over well because I don't think I could stomach seeing people wear baskets on their heads!

AidanM
07-14-2006, 10:06 AM
I don't know. The guy...Frankly, he seems like he's off his rocker and TOTALLY making it up as he goes along. I mean, he's brave and all, but I just don't know if his sense of style is appropriate for the show. He seems to come from a day when wacky **** like that was considered interesting, not lame.

knitwit
07-14-2006, 07:13 PM
If I was married to him and he cashed out his 401k to "make it" in fashion and then I found out he was producing crap like that- I'd flip my lid!
He's a total maroon!

DeAnzaJig
07-14-2006, 11:26 PM
Yes, Pepper was a complete freak! If stupid Nancy O'Dell hadn't liked her ridiculous outfit (which she ended up changing anyway), then Austin would have had a real shot. I hate seeing her at those "where are they now" segments. She always seems so smug. I felt bad for her daughter. Was it any surprise that her husband left her?

I was shocked that Vincent was married. Can you imagine what his wife must be like? And he has a daughter! Anyway, I'd like to know how much is 401(k) was really worth. If he spent the 80s running his own company that folded, then he probably hadn't started investing in it until at least the 90s. The market hasn't been that great lately. Plus, he would have to pay taxes on it.

AidanM - glad you started this thread! :cheering:

Ellen Edwards
07-14-2006, 11:52 PM
Gotta say I LOVE Project Runway, too!! Some of it is so bogus, but it's hilarious too. Heidi is sooo beautiful, but GOSH!! She is SOOOO pretentious sometimes---still, it must feel great for her to be able to say, "-------, you ah out!!"

Another Bravo favorite of mine is Blow Out--that jonathon whateverhislastnameis is SUCH a drama-macho-queen!!! To pretend that it isn't mostly scripted is just absurd!! Still, it's like a bad accident--I can't tear my eyes away!! If he has another season--I won't be able to NOT watch it! :D

benniesma
07-15-2006, 11:25 PM
I just love love love Runway! It's the only reality show that I can watch.

I really can't stand Malan - his laugh is so evil and dorky at the same time. Reminds me of some campy villan on Batman or something. And this was the 3rd time he'd tried out for PR too! So I hope they keep him around for awhile. It will make some good tv. That's why I'm glad they kept Santino on, even though I hated most all his designs. His imitations of Tim Gunn were fabulous!

Is it Wednesday yet?

knitwit
07-16-2006, 09:07 PM
I just saw a commercial for PR and it said that it would be on NBC at 8pm!
I am soooo excited - I wonder if it's last weeks episode or if they are airing the new Weds episode :cheering:

Carol_OH
07-17-2006, 07:52 PM
Haha, am I the only Santino- lover here? He may have been rude and mean and horrible, and I didnt agree with what he'd do all the time, but in the end I liked him... I wanted Daniel to win, though! Chloe was too annoying. (lol I get annoyed with people verrry fast)

This is fun! I'm glad I'm not the only PR fan here.

"Tim Gunn, Tim Gunn, if he calls you're name you're done... What happened to Andrae?" (haha...)

Oh I LOVE Santino!!!

I'm a big fan of Angela this season - that Laura/architect woman gets on my nerves big time. Mulan is a pain in the butt...

aylaanne
07-18-2006, 12:35 AM
I liked Stacy. I thought she should have told the judges that she was handsewing everything, it might have made a difference. I didn't like that someone picked on her for not knowing how to use the machine, every machine is different and if you've only been working out of your house for three years and before that you ran companies, not clothes, then no, you don't know how to work every sewing machine. She did run out of time because she needed more time to do things by hand. I think she should have gone to the producers and asked for a manual or something. Maybe that's against their contracts, though.

I like Michael, I thought his design was innovative and pretty, and I would have worn it (if it wasn't white). I thought he should have won, because his design was more in the spirit of the competition and it showed some real good improvisation. So I want him to win. Plus he's quiet and unassuming, but it's obvious that there's a mind working in there somewhere.

I watch it with the captioning on because I can't hear the diction over my air conditioner. I wish I had cable at home so I could watch it all season, instead of just this week. :( I gotta find a friend to hook up with to watch it for the rest of the summer.

DeAnzaJig
07-19-2006, 11:02 PM
I'm glad Kane won this challenge. It's what he does for a living, and I bet he felt validated. Plus, his dress was cool.

Wow...I can't believe they got rid of Malan! He's so bizzare. You would have thought they would have kept him around just for that reason. I don't know if I buy his whole mother throwing his sketches on the ground when he was thirteen.

Vincent is weird, but I liked his dress, probably because I LOVE green. Angela was kind of annoying. I wouldn't want to work with Vincent, but the way she approached the challenge was pretty lame. She was just trying to glom onto someone else to do the work for her, so I think she got what she deserved with Vincent. First she doesn't want to do any work, and then she complains that she didn't have anything to do!

Good episode! Now I can't wait for next week!

Does anyone else listen to Tim's take on Bravo?

Nocturna
07-20-2006, 03:13 AM
What's that? It sounds interesting! Tim Gunn= :heart:

I LOVEEE Kayne! I think he, Robert, and Laura are my favorites on the show so far. Kayne's dress looked fabulous and I would have picked it, too.

I don't think Malan should have left. Yeah he's weird, but he would have made the show that much more interesting. I liked him... creepy as he was.... Angela on the other hand... whoa. She should have been the one to leave. I would have been frustrated too if I was Vincent (even though Vincent WAS pretty dramatic).

Next week seems pretty crazy too!

aylaanne
07-20-2006, 04:51 AM
What's that? It sounds interesting! Tim Gunn= :heart:

I LOVEEE Kayne! I think he, Robert, and Laura are my favorites on the show so far. Kayne's dress looked fabulous and I would have picked it, too.

I don't think Malan should have left. Yeah he's weird, but he would have made the show that much more interesting. I liked him... creepy as he was.... Angela on the other hand... whoa. She should have been the one to leave. I would have been frustrated too if I was Vincent (even though Vincent WAS pretty dramatic).

Next week seems pretty crazy too!
On Bravotv.com, Tim has a written and an audio blog. I don't listen to the audio, but the written work is really good. He's very supportive of all the designers, while not compromising anything to spare them.

I was amazed that the beauty queen loved Vincent's dress. I thought it was way too simple for a beauty pagent, and I didn't like it at all. I also wasn't too impressed with Kayne's design. I liked the jeweled halter but I didn't like the fishtail flounce at the bottom.

My favorite this time was Laura's. I liked how simple and chic it was, while it still had splash and pizazz. I also thought she and Michael worked well together and there was no drama. I had to watch the episode twice so I could look at her original sketch again, I had forgotten about it. I'm pegging her to be in the final three. She's dependable and stylish, without any drama or over-the-top ness. I think she has the best chance at establishing a lasting design label.

knitwit
07-20-2006, 07:42 AM
I almost cried when they showed Malan's reaction to being asked to leave. He is strange, but he really seemed passionate about his work. His dress was "off" but at least he tried.
I really think that they should have asked Angela to leave - not only did she try to grab onto someone elses work - she never even submitted a sketch of her vision.
I really liked Vincent's dress - it looked like a great party dress to me!

mulene
07-20-2006, 10:20 AM
this sounds interesting - don't think we have that here alas!

becjo
07-20-2006, 02:38 PM
I felt so AWFUL for Malan! He should not have gone. I had to laugh every time he did that wierd laugh. And now its gone :crying:

I thought the dress that won was definately a "Pagaent Dress" - the way it shows the curves of the body and that sweetheart neck - typical dress. The only other one I could see being worn in a pagent is the white one with the glitter on it the architect lady made (dont have the names down yet) But Miss USA said No White at the beginning.

I was just confused when they had the final four. It was supposed to be the highest and lowest, yet they liked all the dressed except the brown one? Which one was the other low-rated dress? I HATED that green dress. What the heck was with those sleeves????? The back was pretty but you could still see those star-trek sleeves sticking out. If it was just a normal strap, I think it would have been beautiful! Miss USA actually liked it and I did like how she put Vincent's partner in her place after she dogged it and wouldnt take claim for it. HA!

janelanespaintbrush
07-20-2006, 10:53 PM
I never thought I'd say this, but I felt bad for Malan. If that story about his mother is true, it's no wonder he's so odd.

Since the theme of the episode was teamwork, I think the final four represented the best and worst teams rather than the best and worst gowns. DH really wanted Angela (Vincent's partner) to go, but I don't think that would've been fair, even though there was a lot to dislike about her. I think the lack of teamwork had more to do with Vincent shutting her out of the process rather than Angela messing it up.

Of course, a huge problem with this type of show is that we only see what they choose to reveal. If they didn't show the scene where Angela was trying to manipulate Kayne, I think we all would've been much more sympathetic to her. As it is, it'll take a lot for her to redeem herself at this point. At least in my eyes. Then again, I never thought I'd feel sorry for Malan, so who knows how the producers will decide to sway our emotions next episode.

benniesma
07-21-2006, 10:23 PM
I actually liked Vincent's dress, even with the sleeves. But Vincent is a real whack-a-doo. He didn't seem willing to work with Angela at all, even though her attitude wasn't much better. I hope he doesn't last much longer. I loved the color of Malan's dress but not the style. I wonder about his childhood-was-tough story though. Seemed a little too dramatic for me.

My top picks were Uli and Laura's dresses. Both were so stunning!

hedgehog
07-27-2006, 04:22 PM
Ok, so last night was episode three - the one with the dogs. (i had guessed that one!)

I'm beginning to really hate Keith. His whining is more grating than Santino, i think! Ugh! Suck it up and stop being such an arrogant whiner! "Please don't make me make something for Morgan... waahhh". Annoying. And when he was feeding the judges that unbelievable snowjob about the collar - GRRR!! Good on Heidi for calling him on it!

I couldn't believe that the judges loved Bradley's ill-fitting rag of a top!! WHAT?!! It was barely held together and had no style! But they LOVED it! It was a Zoolander moment!! (Stanley was quite cute though)

Vincent is seriously CRAZY - i'm more and more convinced as each episode shows. His outfit for the human was HORRIBLE. Angela's outfit was ridiculous - a British headmaster?? Of what - Prostitution Tech? Kayne's was very "drag-y" but pretty, Micheal's was really cool and Laura's was ok, but kinda blah... (she's looking like a one-noter to me).

I knew that Kathyrine was going to be out. That dress was BORING. There was nothing stand-out about it. And a simple dress when there were five others who made matching coats?? No way.

I loved Uli's dress and knew she'd win when i saw it. But it's the same silhoutte that she's done for all three challenges. Switch it up, lady!

Can't wait to see the drama in next week's episode! Gah! I'm on pins and needles - ;)

Who do you think will be kicked out?? I'm hoping it's Keith...He seems like a trouble-maker.

-hh

janelanespaintbrush
07-27-2006, 05:30 PM
Great post mortem, hedgehog. I agree with pretty much everything you said. It's a pity that Keith is such a jerk because I've really liked his work so far.

I can't believe you called the "accessory!" DH guessed ipod, and I was just stumped. DH also predicts that Malan will come back next season ala the "other" Daniel.

aylaanne
07-27-2006, 08:05 PM
I've been watching all the bonus video on the website (there's a lot of it!) and the bonus videos really made me like Malan more. He's still not someone I'd hang out with, but his clothes are really pretty and he has a very honest soul. Angela, as well, saw the errors of her ways and there's a really nice clip of her talking about how she should have "made it work" with vincent. I haven't seen Episode three yet, but from just looking at the dresses on the website I liked Katies better than Angela's.

Anyways, this post is more to point out that there are hours of video extras on the website, both for season two and season three (all the designers' bio videos are on the website, for example).