PDA

View Full Version : Dish cloths

Old Knitter
07-13-2006, 03:55 PM
I am suddenly addicted to dish cloths! Can't knit enough of them, can't find enough patterns, can't stop thinking about them in different colors.....I think they may be more addictive than socks! Who knew?
:??

DreamWeaver
07-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Wow... Maybe I should make a dishcloth. It would be a great way to try out new stich patterns I've seen... :thinking:

rebecca
07-13-2006, 05:15 PM
LOL, I know what you mean...I knit a great many around the 1st of year and gave them away to the "seamers" of the TAP afghan, along with soap sacks and soap....but, I've since knit more...can't help myself...and everyone in my family wants me to knit cloths for them....who knew?! I'm with you on that ;)

Friskums
07-13-2006, 05:48 PM
What's the best yarn to make them with?

PinkRoses
07-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Here are the ones I just finished as of today.

Oh, and here is a big list of patterns: http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/dishcloths.php

Have fun! :happydance:

Jan in CA
07-13-2006, 07:42 PM

Some type of cotton is best. I used Sugar and Cream that I got from Michaels or Joanns. It's pretty cheap and works very well for dishcloths!

Friskums
07-14-2006, 12:43 AM

Some type of cotton is best. I used Sugar and Cream that I got from Michaels or Joanns. It's pretty cheap and works very well for dishcloths!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

newbieknit
07-14-2006, 04:39 AM
I have also been bit by the wash cloth bug this year. I used Sugar and Cream yarn and knit up a ton of wash cloths. Some with my daugher's initial on them, some with OM on them and then tons with other people's initials on them and gifted them to everyone I know.