PDA

View Full Version : AND THEN THERE WERE ... 15 NOPE 16 (GUINEA PIGS)

Limey
07-14-2006, 01:48 PM
Hi Folks

With the exception of Karen all the sets of CountonKnits have arrived :cheering: UPDATE - Lyndsey's arrived as well! (Sat) Jeep Girl has also received hers too!

This week has taken YEARS off me - (not to mention a few pounds, hopping backwards and forwards to ye poste office) - I could hear a certain person from Stonington Yippee Yahoo-ing from here - had the neighbours complaining, we did.

If it's okay, I'll send out the questionnaire by e.mail on Friday and that way you could return it to me please without messing with the mail.

I will send e.mails out to Karen and Knitaddict later.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR VERY KIND AND ENCOURAGING COMMENTS.

BEST WISHES TO ALL OF YOU.

LIMEY - AKA ellie@countonknit.com

Only in Britain do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries and DIET coke.

:XX: :thumbsup: :XX: :happydance: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

tigerelsker
07-14-2006, 04:43 PM
I had tons of fun trying these out.

People in US also order dbl cheeseburger, lg fries & diet coke.

Limey
07-14-2006, 06:36 PM
Hi Tiger

Thanks so much for giving them a go and it's lovely to know you had fun with the markers.

I'll e.mail over the weekend, if that's okay.

Alright then ... Only in Britain do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have Call Waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.
:rollseyes:

Cheers Tiger :thumbsup:

BinkyKat
07-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Alright then ... Only in Britain do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have Call Waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.
:rollseyes:

Uh, sorry, we Yanks do that too!
:rofling:

Limey
07-15-2006, 05:46 PM
Hi Binkykat

Nice to hear from you. How are you doing?

Limey :thumbsup:

Stonington
07-17-2006, 11:22 AM
:oops: hmm yup I was just a tad excited lol.

Limey, I will knit up your pattern tonight so that I am ready to complete your questionare. Pressure washed the house over the weekend and my hands still feel like they are vibrating. :rollseyes:

anne
sebago, MEHi Folks

With the exception of Karen all the sets of CountonKnits have arrived :cheering: UPDATE - Lyndsey's arrived as well! (Sat) Jeep Girl has also received hers too!

This week has taken YEARS off me - (not to mention a few pounds, hopping backwards and forwards to ye poste office) - I could hear a certain person from Stonington Yippee Yahoo-ing from here - had the neighbours complaining, we did.

If it's okay, I'll send out the questionnaire by e.mail on Friday and that way you could return it to me please without messing with the mail.

I will send e.mails out to Karen and Knitaddict later.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR VERY KIND AND ENCOURAGING COMMENTS.

BEST WISHES TO ALL OF YOU.

LIMEY - AKA ellie@countonknit.com

Only in Britain do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries and DIET coke.

:XX: :thumbsup: :XX: :happydance: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

BinkyKat
07-17-2006, 06:38 PM
I'm doin' great! Thanks for asking!
It's really really hot here, been in the 90's for a couple weeks and Saturday we topped 100! Nobody better assume it's cold year 'round here in ND!

I got soooo close to completing an order of a couple sets of markers, but then dh's paypal acct was giving me fits. I have a feeling he's maxxed out the VISA that our(read: his) Paypal acct draws from with his stinkin' R/C car/plane crappola so instead of chancing going over limit.. I'll wait and find out for sure... sigh. So close and yet so far :rollseyes:

Hope all's well on your side of the Pond! :thumbsup:

Limey
07-18-2006, 06:36 AM
Hi Anne

Very sorry if I caused you any embarrassment - but it WAS lovely that you sounded so pleased they'd arrived. :happydance:

Pressure washed the house!? You don't do things by halves, our lass ... it's a good job we've got this hot weather so that the sofa, chairs and beds, carpets and rugs can dry out fast. :??

Thanks again for your time and help. :thumbsup:

Limey

Limey
07-18-2006, 06:43 AM
Hi Jodie

Many thanks for trying anyway to place the orders. Just let me know when you want some.

Things are sizzlin' this side of the pond - it's going to be hotter here today than in The Canaries and will probably be the hottest for 20 years.

As I'm always moanin' about grey skies and a rotten, damp climate where you can't sit still for very long in case you rust up - I'm going in back garden to catch some rays. I worked most of the weekend, so I think I'm due a bit of R&R.

Many thanks and look forward to chatting to you again soon.

Warm Wishes

Limey :XX: :thumbsup:

knitaddict
07-18-2006, 02:02 PM
My out of town company left this morning and I am raring and ready to get started on this project!!!! I have 150 more pieces of fringe to put on my shawl (it's going quite quickly, actually) and then I'll start on this. I think I'll be able to get to it after ds goes to bed this evening.

SOOOO excited!!!! :cheering: :cheering:

mulene
07-20-2006, 11:12 AM
I have to admit Limey, with all the family issues going on I've not tried them yet. I am keen to do so and hope to get to them this weekend as things have now started to calm down a bit. I hope its ok if I am a bit late with the questionaire response!

Stonington
07-20-2006, 11:46 AM
lol wouldn't that be great.. just open all the doors and windows and pressure wash everything ha! DH thought that was pretty funny :roflhard:
I worked up the pattern last night.. have just 2 more rows--so anytime you want to send the questionaire... I am ready (I think :thinking:)

Have a sparkling day! :sunny:
anne
sebago, ME
Hi Anne

Very sorry if I caused you any embarrassment - but it WAS lovely that you sounded so pleased they'd arrived. :happydance:

Pressure washed the house!? You don't do things by halves, our lass ... it's a good job we've got this hot weather so that the sofa, chairs and beds, carpets and rugs can dry out fast. :??

Thanks again for your time and help. :thumbsup:

Limey

Limey
07-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Hi Mulene

I was going contact you tomorrow (Fri) to tell you not to hassle about the questionnaire - you've had a terrific amount to deal with over the last couple of weeks - there's no problem at all.

I'll send you a private e.mail over the next day or so - very sorry, again, about your sad loss.

Limey

Limey
07-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Hi Anne

Many thanks for your e.mail - Good Grief! I daren't leave you alone for a minute!

At the weekend you re-directed a waterfall over the house and now you tell me 'I worked up the pattern last night ... have just two more rows to go ...'

Hell's Teeth, I thought I'd sent you a knittin' pattern, not directions on how get up the north face of the Eiger!

But many thanks for your time and effort - whether you work with or without crampons - I'll send you the email questionnaire on Friday, if that's okay.

Limey :thumbsup: