PDA

View Full Version : Bamboo Yarn

cookworm
07-15-2006, 12:12 AM
Has anybody knitted with 100% bamboo yarn? I was wondering what types of items might be best suited for this yarn. I think my mom might get a big kick out of something knitted from this yarn (maybe as a Christmas gift if I start now, slow knitter that I am!), but I wasn't sure what I could try--something easy! ;)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-15-2006, 02:27 AM
I've "played" with Plymouth Bamboo.... it is soooooooooooooooo nice. Anything worn close to the face would be FABULOUS... scarf, cowl, earmuffs? A shawl or wrap would be great too. It's very cool and light.

horve1
07-15-2006, 06:46 AM
It is wonderful to touch! I use this to carry around mini knitting projects like socks some times.

Angelia
07-15-2006, 08:36 AM
Oooh, that's lovely! :inlove:

jodstr2
07-15-2006, 10:17 AM
I'm making a feather-and-fan scarf right now with SWTC Bamboo.

janelanespaintbrush
07-15-2006, 10:40 AM
For some reason, I bought some bamboo chenille yarn from ebay. A whole bag of it. I'm not quite sure why, but it just sounded exotic and I got caught up in the bidding frenzy, I guess. I have no idea what to do with it. (It's black, but I tried swatching it, and I don't think it'll be too bad to knit.) It's really yummy and I know whatever I make with it will feel luxurious on. One huge bonus is that it's machine washable.

rebecca
07-15-2006, 01:14 PM
I love, love bamboo yarn...one of my fave yarns ;) I have a lovely scarf on the needles now. Jackie knit a beautiful tank with SWTC bamboo..it has a lovely drape :thumbsup:

silveridger
07-15-2006, 01:19 PM
I have a tank planned with bamboo yarn, the P90 from Iris Schrier

http://www.artyarns.com/newsite/patterns_main.htm

Quite a few people on her yahoo group have said it's a good match with the pattern.