PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take to get your Options?

earthchick
07-15-2006, 11:00 AM
I know there have been a lot of threads about these needles already. Sorry to be adding another, but I did a search and didn't find a thread about this specific question. So tell me, how long did it take for yours to arrive?

I ordered mine on Wednesday and it said that due to the high volume of sales they were running 7-14 days behind. I'm not sure what to expect that will mean and am wondering if anyone else who got that message has received theirs yet.

I leave for vacation on the 30th and really really really want my needles to arrive before then!

itsbecca1979
07-15-2006, 11:55 AM
I know some have gotten theirs already, I'm sure you'll get yours before you leave!

robynbird
07-15-2006, 12:56 PM
I ordered mine on Thursday and the website says they were shipped on Friday! Check your order status at the website and it will tell you when they were shipped. I had the same message about the 7 to 14 days, but the whole order is on it's way! YAY!!! :happydance:

rebecca
07-15-2006, 01:01 PM
It took a while for mine because I ordered mine right after they ran out the 1st time, so I was backordered :( ...but...they are here now & I'm thrilled with them :cheering: :cheering: As for shipping, it took around 7 days to get to me from the time that I got the email that said they had been shipped....but, for some reason stuff from Knitpicks takes longer to get to me than it does to everyone else.

earthchick
07-15-2006, 01:12 PM
!!!!!!! I just checked and they were shipped on Thursday!!!! :happydance:

I feel so stupid :doh: that I didn't check my order status online. I realized after my post here this morning that I never received a confirmation email. Then I checked my checking account and there was no KnitPicks transaction. So I was really concerned that the order hadn't even processed. Well I just now remembered that I paid out of a different bank account (one that I had put my birthday money into). Man, I wish there was some kind of tracking info that I could obsessively check....

earthchick
07-15-2006, 01:14 PM
Okay, yet another :doh: moment. There is tracking info. It left the sorting center 20 minutes from here early this morning. I can't remember if UPS delivers on Saturdays. Now I'll be obsessively checking out my window all afternoon....

edited to add: It's not UPS, it's FedEx, which does deliver on Saturday but has already been on my street today and I don't know if they'll be back. Argh, the suspense is gonna kill me....

earthchick
07-15-2006, 01:59 PM
:happydance: :cheering: :XX: :D :inlove:

Um, so yeah, I got concerned way too soon. The needles just arrived!!!!

Gotta go try 'em out.

nicolethegeek
07-15-2006, 02:14 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: At the timeline on your posts!!!

Enjoy your needles AND your vacation! :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

robynbird
07-15-2006, 02:26 PM
YAY!!! Glad you got them. Hope I get mine soon. :) Did you use the free shipping?

earthchick
07-15-2006, 02:36 PM
Yep! Did the free shipping - ordered on Wednesday, shipped on Thursday, delivered on Saturday, knitting with them now. Wheee! :happydance:

(I'm in Michigan, though, and I tend to get all my KnitPicks orders pretty quickly from Ohio, and have only ever done the standard free shipping).

kschmitz
07-15-2006, 08:26 PM
This gives me hope! I ordered them on Tues, they shipped Wed and left the "sortation center" yesterday (Fri). So since they're having to go way out West, maybe they'll be here Mon/Tues despite the estimated arrival 7/21? I really should have sprung for the faster shipping--I'm so impatient! :doh:

AnreeAce
07-15-2006, 08:27 PM
Stacey, I hope you don't mind, but HONESTLY

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

I'm glad your needles arrived before you had a heart attack! Have fun knitting with them, I can't wait to see pictures...

A.

earthchick
07-15-2006, 10:21 PM
:lol: tee hee

kschmitz, yeah I'm betting you'll get yours before 7/21. My estimated delivery said 7/18 (Tuesday).

rebecca
07-16-2006, 09:10 AM
I completely understand your enthusiasm!!!! Don't you just LOVE them?!

brownishcoat
07-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Here's my breakdown:

Order:
size 0, 1 and 3 fixed circs (1 of each)
tips in sizes 5 and 10.5
40" cable set

Order date: 6/28 (received delayed email)
Ship date: 7/3
Anticipated in home date: 7/14
Received date: 7/12

Ladybug Lady
07-17-2006, 09:35 AM
I ordered mine on a Thursday night, but I made a mistake in my credit card info, so the order wasn't processed till Monday morning when I called them back. I sprung for the 2 day shipping and they arrived Tuesday afternoon.

However, this is the impression I got from the friendly lady on the phone. The 7-14 day disclaimer on line is just that, a disclaimer. As of last week, if it said the items you ordered were "In Stock", then they will ship out that day or the next day. Just don't mix in stock and out of stock in one order, because it won't ship until the out of stock items are available.

Hope this helps with the anticipation!

BTW, I LOVE my Options set!!!!