PDA

View Full Version : Well, I've done it!

mks22300
07-16-2006, 11:39 PM
I've decided it's time to venture out of the world of making hats and scarves to make a sweater. I'm starting out with a baby one, don't think I want to tackle an adult one just yet! :D
But if it hadn't been for this forum, I don't think I'd ever have the courage to try it. I already made my swatch and I was perfect on gauge, so I'll take that as a good omen! :rofling: And darn it all, I'm going to have to get new needles because the yarn doesn't slip of the ones I have very easily, what a pity!

rebecca
07-17-2006, 12:34 AM
:cheering: :cheering: Yay for you...WTG :thumbsup:

AnreeAce
07-17-2006, 01:03 AM
:rofling: And darn it all, I'm going to have to get new needles because the yarn doesn't slip of the ones I have very easily, what a pity!

That's how I talked myself into my first pair of Addi's!

Have fun with the sweater, keep us posted on it.

Angelia
07-17-2006, 06:18 AM
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Hurray for your adventurousness!!! Knitting gets so much more fun when you're no longer knitting squares/rectangles because you feel that's all you can do!

And how unfortunate that you might have to buy Addis now. Drat. ;)

pug
07-17-2006, 09:18 PM
I had never a made garment before either. After finding this website I have made two sweaters for my granddaughter. Here is a picture of the latest one I just finished. It used dpns, 2 circular needles at the same time and I even mastered the kitchener stitch. So go for it! It is a wonderful feeling of accomplishment!

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j92/pug53/frontofsweater.jpg

Angelia
07-17-2006, 09:41 PM
That's lovely, Pug!! :inlove:

mks22300
07-17-2006, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the encouragement everyone! And what a lovely sweater pug!
Yeah, isn't it unfortunate that I need a pair of addi's? Actually, I need a couple of them for another project I have planned! :rofling:

newbieknit
07-18-2006, 06:59 AM
You should double check your gauge after you get your new needles. My gauge changes with more slippery needles.

Oh, and Pug your sweater is absolutely beautiful! I was wondering if your name, Pug, was taken from the fantasy books which I, of course, cannot recall the name of.. but Pug becomes a powerfull magician. Completely off-topic, but I've been dying to ask!

Best of luck on your sweater making!!

Kats

mks22300
07-18-2006, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the advice, newbieknit. I'll be sure to do that!

EssenceRose
07-19-2006, 01:00 AM
I envy your bravery!! :thumbsup: I have only just ventured into hat making and I'm feeling just a tiny bit apprehensive about it. I can't wait to see the final project!

pug
07-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Hi newbeknit!

Actually the name Pug comes from my husband. When we started dating he thought my nose was cute and he called it a pug nose. The name stuck! It is his term of endearment. Thanks for asking.
Pug

newbieknit
07-20-2006, 06:41 AM
Pug,
Terms of endearment are the BEST!! Thank you for answering my questions!

kats

kemp
07-20-2006, 10:39 AM
That's great!

Sweaters aren't really harder than anything else. As Ingrid would say, just trust the pattern. And if you get stuck, you always have us!