PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good yarn

NakedPancakes
07-17-2006, 03:00 AM
I want to do this hat, and it calls for a worsted weight yarn. 100% acrylic.

So I'm just looking for a good acrylic yarn thats not too boring, but that's not like. fuzzy or anything..

Know of any?

Celine
07-17-2006, 06:59 AM
What your looking for should be very easy to find. Red Heart which Walmart sells is nice. Just do a "google" search for some and you'll find different brands that you can use. good luck!

cookworm
07-17-2006, 09:25 AM
For something a bit out of the ordinary, maybe you can try Red Heart yarn brand...they sell a "tweed" yarn that's just an acrylic with a bit of textury look to it, and Caron sells their "Simply Soft" line in a tweed too. Otherwise, I've heard some very nice things about Caron's regular "Simply Soft" brand that it knits up pretty nicely if you didn't want to go with a tweed. I've used Lion Brand's "Pound of Love" and it was nice and soft and knitted well, although this will probably be way more yarn than you need! Their "Microspun" has a nice finish to it and is very soft, but it split quite a bit for me when I was knitting it...it took a lot of patience from me. Just a few suggestions for you.

cecile77
07-17-2006, 11:48 AM
Microspun by LionBrand is soft and has fun colors. I'm not sure if they still make it but you can check their website.