PDA

View Full Version : Can someone clarify for me?

KnittyKitty
07-17-2006, 10:29 AM
Hi all,

I'm on the left front of the cardigan and I'm to this point:

K3, KSP, k to end. Purl 1 row. Rep these two rows 26(27-22-20) times more. AT THE SAME TIME, when 16(16-17-17)sts remain on needle and armhole measures 7.5(8-8-8.5)", end on RS.

:??

The part I don't get is the AT THE SAME TIME part (they have it in caps so I'm guessing its very important that I make sure I do whatever at the same time). Can anyone put this together and tell me what I'm supposed to be doing simultaneously?

Thanks in advance!

Ingrid
07-17-2006, 02:13 PM
You start out with the armhole decreases, and do just them until you have 16 stitches on the needle and the armhole measures 7 inches. Then, when you're at that point, you continue with the armhole decreases AND do whatever neck decreases they call for.

At least that's what normally happens AT THE SAME TIME. Does it make sense for this pattern? Are neck decreases given next?

KnittyKitty
07-17-2006, 03:49 PM
Hi Ingrid,

Thanks for taking the time to help me out :D Yes, the next section does call for neck decreases but the instructions seemed like they were separate from what I was querying. I'll stop when I reach 16 stitches and continue from there.

Another silly question... how do I measure the armhole? :thinking: would I measure the round part or just from the top part straight down to where the armhole starts?

Thanks again!

Lisa

Ingrid
07-17-2006, 04:11 PM
You measure straight for the armhole. I usually put something straight across the back from the first decrease and then measure up from that.

KnittyKitty
07-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Thank you Ingrid!