PDA

View Full Version : Did you see Knitty Gritty show today?

Celine
07-17-2006, 12:57 PM
I don't know if it was a new episode but I never saw it before. They showed some pretty knit pillows!!

I have a new guest room and have been wanting to knit a decorative pillow for the bed. Today on the show I saw two wonderful examples of what I can do. I plan to make the "Tuxedo Pillow", the ruffle pillow first. Then the other was a reverse applique pillow. Both techniques they showed were really wonderful even for an advanced beginner.

I think the rerverse applique one would be pretty with fabric showing thru the knitting on top also....lots of great ideas today!!

I hope you get to watch the show. See below for the link.

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_4842335,00.html

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_4842286,00.html

feministmama
07-17-2006, 01:23 PM
My DVR thingy must be taping it. Can't wait to get home to see it! :cheering:

rebecca
07-17-2006, 01:25 PM
Yes, I saw it! I like the tuxedo pillow, too. I may knit it, too...I will use 1 ruffle down the middle. I'm so happy that we finally have new shows again :thumbsup:

kristinw
07-17-2006, 01:25 PM
oooh, I did see it!! Loved the pillows and they seem pretty easy to do. The tuxedo one is so cool! :cheering:

Nocturna
07-17-2006, 01:47 PM
A show? Like on TV? About knitting?? Did I understand that correctly? I've never heard of it... would anyone be kind enough to let me know when and where it comes on?

brownishcoat
07-17-2006, 01:48 PM
It's shown on the DIY network. Check out the links in the first post.

CarmenIbanez
07-17-2006, 06:02 PM
Why can't I find this episode on my dvr? OY!

jdee
07-18-2006, 01:19 PM
When are the new shows on? I usually watch the afternoon episode, but they're still showing repeats. I decided today, to watch the morning episode. It was also a repeat. I'm on Central time, and it comes on DIY at 10:30am, and 1:00pm. Is there another time it's on? I'm obviously missing something.

feministmama
07-18-2006, 01:25 PM
yeah my DVR got it right. On mine I can set it to record only new shows or new shows and repeats or only repeats. SO I have it set to new shows and repeats just in case. So if anyone wants a copy I make a VCR copy and send it to you (if you don't have cable or don't believe in TV but wanna watch this show. I can even edit out the commericals!)

I don't think I'll make the ruffle pillow (too foofy) but I like the other one. I dont't have a sewing machine though. It's such a great idea for using color though.

Jan in CA
07-18-2006, 01:37 PM
yeah my DVR got it right. On mine I can set it to record only new shows or new shows and repeats or only repeats. SO I have it set to new shows and repeats just in case. So if anyone wants a copy I make a VCR copy and send it to you (if you don't have cable or don't believe in TV but wanna watch this show. I can even edit out the commericals!)

We have a DVR and have been trying to figure out how to set up the VCR or a DVD burner with it! So it IS possible, huh.. :thinking:

jelly
07-18-2006, 01:45 PM
i haven't really liked any of the projects on any of the new shows

i hope they get better

CarmenIbanez
07-18-2006, 03:15 PM
Seriously, I have mine set to tape new episodes and it didn't record anything?

figaro
07-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Did anyone else see the epi on Illusion Knitting? According to the show, even beginners can do it so I think that is that is on my list to make for my 19 yr old daughter.

Secksiebrat
07-19-2006, 10:59 AM
Ok, my mom taped this one on her new fancy dishnetwork DVR thingy and I don't think I could CUT my knitting? I almost had a heartattack. To me, I think I'd die. The pillow was pretty (I didn't care for the colors), but I still don't think I could cut my knitting. Anyone else have feelings on this?

The new episodes are on in the morning on Monday's.

~danielle~

itsbecca1979
07-19-2006, 11:16 AM
The charity episode is the only new one I've seen recently, all the others are repeats. You can look and see the year on them...it was the only one that had this year and didn't say repeat.