PDA

View Full Version : Knittin' issues

gimmesanity
07-17-2006, 06:32 PM
So, I'm sitting here on the LAST day of my vacation. We've been at my in-laws for about 2 1/2 weeks now, and I can't wait to leave tomorrow.

Why?

Not because of my in-laws (I actually :heart: them lots - and they have a very kick arse pool in the backyard). Not because I miss home (I'll be getting ready to move soon). Nope....I miss my stash. Lots.

*sigh*

Woe is me...only a few more hours until my stash and I are reunited.

itsbecca1979
07-17-2006, 06:36 PM
UGH! ~*hugs*~ Can you run to Michael's or a LYS or something and buy a skein to love on?

koolbreeze
07-17-2006, 08:04 PM
oh lawd i couldn't do it. i can barely spend a few hours with my in laws!

no LYS???

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-17-2006, 08:06 PM
shoot, when I go visit people for more than one day I take along at least 5 projects and 2 bags of yarn.

rebecca
07-17-2006, 08:06 PM
LOL, I have certain parts of my stash that will be evacuated with us if ever we have to evacuate for hurricanes :rofling: :roflhard:

dustinac
07-17-2006, 08:07 PM
my family laughs at me cause I have more knitting bags than suitcases when we come to visit... :lol: although last trip in dh limited me to only 2 bags... :shock:

Angelia
07-17-2006, 08:08 PM
LOL, I have certain parts of my stash that will be evacuated with us if ever we have to evacuate for hurricanes :rofling: :roflhard:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Why didn't you take any knitting with you?

gimmesanity
07-17-2006, 10:01 PM
LOL...you all are funny.
I went to two LYS on Friday and got some yarn. Actually, I casted on last night for atop, but it's not what I REALLY want to work on, you know?
I have my Tulip at home that needs to be blocked, and a pair of socks with me that I don't feel like working on right now....and some yummy bamboo yarn that I need to grope that finally came in AFTER I left for vacation....*sigh*

Angelia
07-17-2006, 10:05 PM
:heart: :heart:

It's always the stuff you didn't bring that you want to work on most! That happens to me when I take knitting to work, so I can only imagine what 2.5 weeks would be like!

But you'll be home soon!!! :happydance: :happydance:

Just make sure your dh knows that you need some private time with your stash ;)

Jenelle
07-17-2006, 10:18 PM
I can understand how you feel. At the end of the month I'm going camping for a week and my parents are limiting me to what I can take.

Did you take some knitting stuff with you though or is it all at home?