PDA

View Full Version : Did you see the Sept. Issue of "Creative Knitting"

Celine
07-18-2006, 06:55 AM
I just got in the mail yesterday, the Sept. issue of "Creative Knitting". They show a very nice idea for denim.

They used a denim vest and then knit sleeves for it and some trim. They say you can even use a denim jacket and remove the old sleeves and knit the new ones. It really looks VERY nice. I just may take apart one of my denim jackets and do this. :XX:

newbieknit
07-18-2006, 07:03 AM
I am not a subscriber to Creative Knitting, but the items you're describing are about to make me run out and find that issue! I cannot believe a September issue is out alread! This year is just flying!

Kats

Jan in CA
07-18-2006, 11:21 AM
Apparently they haven't updated the website yet. Guess I'll just have to wait for my magazine to show up.

itsbecca1979
07-18-2006, 11:24 AM
My LYS owner offers a class for this...I personally don't care for it, but it would be neat to learn.

becjo
07-18-2006, 11:56 AM
I got that issue in the mail the other day too. I actually loved it with that Denim yarn because I've seen some done with other yarns and it looked funny. My friend had made a hat and scarf set with that same yarn and she loved it so I would really like to do that myself. I was looking for a jean vest this weekend as a matter of fact! Don't have the heart to tear up any of my good jackets :happydance:

momwolf
07-18-2006, 08:08 PM
I haven't gotten mine yet either :( :( I love this magazine :inlove:

Jan in CA
07-18-2006, 08:29 PM
I got mine today! That is pretty cute, but I don't know if I'd do it. I like the magazine a lot..my only complaint is everything has to be seamed. I guess I NEED to learn to do that better. :rofling:

jamadian75
07-18-2006, 08:43 PM
I I was looking for a jean vest this weekend as a matter of fact! Don't have the heart to tear up any of my good jackets :happydance:

If you're not opposed to 2nd hand clothing, you could find something at a thrift shop and practice on it without spending too much - I've done this with knit sweaters to recycle the yarn ;)

Andrea
07-18-2006, 10:03 PM
I got mine today...nothing caught my eye :( I think when my subscription is up in December I'm cancelling...I'd rather get Interweave Knits.