PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

lizzitude
07-19-2006, 07:05 AM
I have been lurking for awhile and decided it was time to introduce myself.....

My name is Liz, and I have been knitting for about 6 months. I taught myself to crochet a couple of years ago, and decided I really wanted to learn to knit. I took a class from my LYS and have been obsessed ever since. So far, I have knitted a scarf and matching hat, several booga bags, a baby layette, a tank top for myself, and I just finished a felted flamingo (a present for a friend that loves flamingoes!) - she's drying now. I am in the process of knitting a the wrap-around garter top from the book "Simple Knits for Cherished Babies" for my granddaughter that is on the way in November. My next project will be the Mabel dress from the same book for her.

In my real life, I am a personal chef, so I also love to cook! I am 48 (almost...) and married with one stepson - he and his wife are the ones expecting their first child in November. My husband and I love to travel, and will be heading out for a driving trip to the UP of Michigan, Wisconsin and Iowa in a few weeks - just about the time the gas prices will probably peak!

I am LOVING this site - the videos were (and are!) and invaluable resource when I need to refresh my memory on something I learned in my knitting class or learn a new technique - thanks Amy!

Nikki
07-19-2006, 07:44 AM
Hi Liz and welcome to KH! Amy gets the credit for my obsession too! A personal chef? Want to come cook at my house? ;) Congrats on the coming grand, they are wonderful things and sounds as if she will have a very talented and loving grandmother, lucky her!
Nikki

SandraEllen
07-19-2006, 08:13 AM
Welcome!!!

cecile77
07-19-2006, 08:46 AM
Welcome Liz! It sounds like you've done very well with your knitting, especially since you learned 6 months ago. :D

Old Knitter
07-19-2006, 09:12 AM
I am so happy to have you with us. I hope you'll find time to visit often. Gas prices.........criminey!

itsbecca1979
07-19-2006, 10:01 AM
Hey Liz and welcoem to the forums! There are some amazing people here with a wealth of knowlwdge (just don't listen toany of my advice 'cause half the time I prolly don't know what I'm saying :lol: ) Hope to see you posting more and can't wait to get to know ya!

Amber
07-19-2006, 10:21 AM
Hi Liz! Welcome!

It sounds like you've really accomplished a lot with your knitting in 6 months! The knitted flamingo sounds really cute!

Jenelle
07-19-2006, 12:41 PM
Hi and Welcome! :waving:

Jan in CA
07-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Welcome to the forum! :waving: Have a look around and if you can share photos of your finished items in Whatcha Knitten'!