PDA

View Full Version : omg, look what i saw!

noraneka
07-20-2006, 03:18 AM
i saw alot of skein of blue yarn for sale at the 99 cent store. yeah, for real! but i'm sooo dumb, i only brought one, i should have brought alot like maybe five because its all gone now... :(

its the thick, one. the worsted type.

next time i wont be this dumb

Angelia
07-20-2006, 07:48 AM
Oh, it's happened to us all. It's tough to come upon something like that on sale when you don't have a project in mind. And if you're like I am, you can't resist the good deal, even if that means only buying one skein. ;)

noraneka
07-20-2006, 05:41 PM
ahh thanks for trying to make me feel better. but i'm still slapping myself silly

Ingrid
07-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Yup, we've all done it. Grab what's on sale and then wonder what the heck we'll do with one or two balls of something. :rollseyes:

07-20-2006, 10:14 PM
I did the same thing. I bought 2 skeins of yarn that was on clearance and spent 10 bucks. Then I decided to make a baby blanket and had to get more yarn. Of course its discontinued so I went to ebay and ended up spending $18 more to be able to finish it. :doh:

Some savings!! And I'm willing to bet it'll happen again. :rollseyes:

aylaanne
07-21-2006, 12:19 AM
Yup, we've all done it. Grab what's on sale and then wonder what the heck we'll do with one or two balls of something. :rollseyes:
That's why you now always buy 1000 yards of any yarn you like, right Ingrid? bwahaha.

knitaddict
07-21-2006, 12:45 AM
I did the same thing a few weeks ago. I found some yarn on sale at the dollar store ($1!!!) and bought 3 skeins. I started making a shawl with it and it turned out I could have used another 2 to make a sensational one. :( They didn't have any when I went back.

snowbear
07-21-2006, 02:37 AM
whewwwww !!!!! I thought I was the only one that did that, and tried to cover it up w/ a blanket of many colors... like the coat of many colors? lol Oh well.... now I just buy 5 or 6 of everything at least, lol but w/ out fail I'm still either 1 skein short or have 1 left over.. it must be that I've ticked off the knitting gods or something.. oh well.. my stash is growing, lol

:XX:

P.S. now daughter has changed her mind again about what yarn she wants.. tell me.. when do daughters get easier? mine is 22 and still driving me nuts.... :wall: