PDA

View Full Version : A Wiggly Hat

DotMom61
07-21-2006, 05:16 PM
A few months ago I taught my next-door neighbor to knit. She's been plugging away at a few projects here and there, and just recently her youngest daughter -- my DD's closest friend -- started pestering her about learning to knit a hat.

Well, I had this (kinda nasty) TLC Wiggle yarn lying around in two complementary colors. So, we knit two complementary hats for our DDs. My DD's is purple w/ pink accents, and her friend's is pink w/ purple accents. It was FUN (even if the yarn is scratchy acrylic)!

So ... here are pics of my DD's ... I haven't seen the friend's finished one yet, but I'm sure it's equally as cute. ;-)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h19/dotmom/Knitting%20FOs/WiggleHat.jpg

And here's a better look @ the corkscrews I put on top:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h19/dotmom/Knitting%20FOs/WiggleHatTop.jpg

And only *after* I took the picture did I notice how messy the family room was. :oops:

knotmaker
07-21-2006, 05:19 PM
cute hat ... I like the curly's on top ...

Jan in CA
07-21-2006, 05:38 PM
That came out really cute!! Washing will most likely soften it up, but I'll bet she can't even feel the scratchiness no top of her hair. It's adorable and so is she!! :thumbsup:

DotMom61
07-21-2006, 05:40 PM
I just took it out of the washer, Jan. It didn't seem to soften much. Fortunately, she doesn't seem to mind much. :lol: She still likes it!

Jan in CA
07-21-2006, 05:54 PM
That's odd. Good to know though! I'm glad she likes it. Kids look so cute when they have matching things like that..they feel so special. ;)

gardenmommy
07-21-2006, 06:34 PM
So cute! It looks like she has Fruity Pebbles stuck to her head! :rofling: Don't tell her I said that though! :roflhard:

Jenelle
07-21-2006, 06:42 PM
Very cute! :thumbsup:

blueeyes28
07-21-2006, 08:05 PM
That is very cute!! Is there such a thing as a clean family room before the kids go to bed???? :thinking:

rebecca
07-21-2006, 08:40 PM
Very cute...perfect yarn for a child!!! LOL, your family room doesn't look messy, just looks like people live there to me ;)

DotMom61
07-21-2006, 09:28 PM
So cute! It looks like she has Fruity Pebbles stuck to her head! :rofling: Don't tell her I said that though! :roflhard:

:roflhard: I'll try to keep that to myself!

Jan -- It might have something to do w/ the fact that my washing machine has quit dispensing softener. :rollingeyes:

And thanks, ladies, for excusing my family room. ;-)

AnreeAce
07-22-2006, 01:09 PM
I love the hat, but goodness, look at that amazing grin on your DD!

And if you thing that's a messy family room, you should have seen mine before I found the carpet last night...

Tragically I forgot to take pictures... :---

DotMom61
07-22-2006, 04:18 PM
Anree -- Thank you! She is a little beam of sunshine most days. I can almost always count on her for a smile. ;-)

My family room still looks the same as it did when I took that pic, but there are other rooms in the house that are looking LOTS better. I need about 3 of me, I think. :lol:

Ellen Edwards
07-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Great picture of a beautiful girl, Julie!! I am surprised that the yarn wasn't soft to begin with--now I'm scard the Noro scarf I'm doing isn't going to get softer after blocking! :shock:

VictoiseC
07-28-2006, 11:53 AM
A darling hat and girl! So neat the way they don't care about luxurious at that age heh heh (will come later)

knit-a-holic
07-28-2006, 05:32 PM
:heart: the hat!