PDA

View Full Version : OT-MISS UNIVERSE! Who's watching?

Nocturna
07-23-2006, 10:28 PM
They're just about to name the top 5- I hope Japan wins!

Who do/did you want to win?

kschmitz
07-24-2006, 12:50 AM
Switzerland is my favorite, but Canada could repeat, and Ukraine is just so exotic-looking! Overall, it's a gorgeous group of 20. I have no idea who will win!

Cristy
07-24-2006, 07:57 AM
I totally forgot about this--I wanted to see Mrs. USA's dress....who won?

aylaanne
07-24-2006, 09:43 AM
I totally forgot about this--I wanted to see Mrs. USA's dress....who won?
hah, you want to see it for the same reason I do--because Kayne of Many Colors designed it! :roflhard:

Yeah, who did win?

brendajos
07-24-2006, 09:48 AM
I just saw on GMA that Miss Puerto Rico won and passed out shortly after winning. They blamed it on the lights and that her dress (made of chains) was very heavy. seems reasonable i guess! ;)

aylaanne
07-24-2006, 09:49 AM
I went to the miss universe website and the picture of Miss USA's evening gown was NOT the gown that Kayne designed on Project Runway. I'm very disappointed.

Calabaza
07-24-2006, 10:00 AM
:thinking: The evening dress Miss USA wore last night was the one that Kayne made on Project Runway.

aylaanne
07-24-2006, 10:02 AM
:thinking: The evening dress Miss USA wore last night was the one that Kayne made on Project Runway.
Maybe they just don't have a picture of it. :shrug: Okay. Thanks for letting me know. I would hate to think that poor Kayne got gyped (how the HELL do you spell that word?) out of the publicity. Oh that's so cool. I love Kayne.

brendajos
07-24-2006, 10:21 AM
let me just say that i am NOT proud that i went looking for this :oops: but there is a pic of her wearing the dress on the Yahoo picture slide show. it is definitely prettier than Paraguay's! :rollseyes:

aylaanne
07-24-2006, 10:33 AM
let me just say that i am NOT proud that i went looking for this :oops: but there is a pic of her wearing the dress on the Yahoo picture slide show. it is definitely prettier than Paraguay's! :rollseyes: hahah! That's great.

feministmama
07-24-2006, 10:38 AM
I would hate to think that poor Kayne got gyped (how the HELL do you spell that word?)

gypped
Used as a term to describe when one has received less than they paid for. Most people do not realize it's a racist term that stems from nomadic 'gypsies' who are stereotyped as theiving criminals.

Cristy
07-24-2006, 10:47 AM
yep--I was looking for the dress for that reason too. Interesting...Puerto Rico's dress was made from chains??!?!?!

knitwit
07-24-2006, 06:37 PM
That's the ONLY reason I tuned in- was to see if she actually wore the dress. What was REALLY funny though is that my DH said, "well great, now I know who won" to which I replied, "since when did you start watching PR?" :shock:
He's always watching sports, ESPN, & Fox News - I didn't know that Bravo & PR were on his must see list :??

aylaanne
07-24-2006, 06:45 PM
I wonder how many people only watched the Miss Universe competition to see if Miss USA wore the dress? :roflhard: And I read that the winner fainted because her dress was tight and heavy with beading, not chains.
http://edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/07/24/miss.universe.reut/

brendajos
07-24-2006, 08:22 PM
whew cuz as many times as i looked at that dress i wasn't seeing chains...lol. I don't know where i saw it but i think it had to have been GMA or yahoo this morning that said chains because they are the only place i looked. :thinking: