PDA

View Full Version : socks the good and the ugly

Liliyarn
07-30-2006, 11:36 PM
I've finished my sockotta socks a bit ago. It took me forever since work, the cat, and life in general was determined to work against my knitting.

I dug out my LB magic stripes yarn from a year ago. Decided to finally make it into a basic sock. Got excited that I was using my old stash and knitted away. In one day I got past the turned heel....then it got ugly. :crying:

I messed up a simple 2X2 ribbing! How insane is that??!! Pray with me for the LB sock while I frog....

I also finished my booga bag. Haven't done the I cord yet because that is boring. I'll post pics later.

DreamWeaver
07-31-2006, 02:03 AM
don't worry about it *pats shoulder* we all make mistakes, even the most experianced ones ^_^

If it makes you feel better, I LOVE the pink and yellow sock :heart:

Angelia
07-31-2006, 06:15 AM
They look great!! :inlove:

I've messed up 2x2 ribbing more often than I can count (largely because I can't count, actually). You're definitely not alone!

gardenmommy
07-31-2006, 09:35 AM
Y'know I don't think anybody would have noticed except for the BIG RED ARROWS. ;)

I think they're both great socks!

rebecca
07-31-2006, 11:11 AM
I agree with Kristen ;)
I love that Sockotta colorway :thumbsup:
LOL, don't feel rained on, I had to frog 2 socks from 2 different patterns in 5 days...so, in the length of time that I usually knit 2 pair of socks I accomplished nothing but frogging....it happens to all of us ;)

Liliyarn
07-31-2006, 11:54 AM
Thanks! I love the sockotta. It isn't all mushy soft, but still comfortable. The lil LB magic stripes ended up being frogged to non existence. I'll start re-knitting again today. I just hate that I was almost finished! Why couldn't I have noticed my boo boo a few rows after making it?? Oh, why? :D But hey, I did finish my booga! It's blocking now. At least I have something to show for all that time knitting.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
07-31-2006, 12:19 PM
Nice! I love the pink colorway :-) Don't give up on the other one! :thumbsup: