PDA

View Full Version : Great eBay purchase--what to make???

Ellen Edwards
08-02-2006, 06:52 PM
I got 4 50 gram balls of Debbie Bliss cotton angora--burgundy color--at 86 yds. per ball worsted weight! Now, this has got to be really soft!! But it's a dark, fall and winter color--so i guess it's gonnna have to be a scarf or hat, but has anyone got any other ideas ?? It's usually $7.99 a skein, and I got 4 for $8.45 + $4 to ship!! I'm thinkin it's my best yarn purchase ever, although i got 4 Noro Silk Gardens--same dyelot for less than $8 per skein!! I really recommend eBay for yarn shopping. The only timeI've been disappointed was when I got some"Mohair" that turned out to be a cone of 100% NYLON!! Not my idea of Mohair, really--it was misleading and I'd like to broadcast it all over eBay but I've forgotten who I got it from !!

Amber
08-02-2006, 07:19 PM
:happydance: That's a great deal!

skNYC
08-02-2006, 07:46 PM
4 balls, hm, how about 2 pairs of socks ? :roflhard:

midnightskyfibers
08-02-2006, 10:40 PM
What about some *long* gloves. or, a big fluffy shawl

ladyindica2000
08-03-2006, 11:16 AM
How about Fetching http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTfetching.html from the new Knitty?

I bet that yarn would make a lovely pair of fingerless gloves.

jamiejeans
08-04-2006, 11:21 AM
I am knitting with cotton angora right now! Its great!

I would suggest knitting something from Tahki Summer 2006. You could do a tank if you are a small size.

Ellen Edwards
08-06-2006, 04:32 PM
HmmmmI wonder if it would make a good scarf?? It's cotton angora--it seems like it'd be soft around the neck, and some people can't stand wool...so I'm thinking of a scarf...and maybe, would it make a good chemo cap if I have enough left over? :thinking:

It was a great deal! I check all the yarns lately on eBay, although I won't be checking it for awhile again! i've spent my allowance for now!! But I'll enjoy this. I like to use different sorts of yarns, and I love KnitPick, but that isn't really the "name" brands that I hear people talking about here-so I flirt a bit with it on the auctions. I just have to make my mind up about where to stop bidding--because it's easy to get caught up in the wars of biddding! (Veeerrrryyy!!) And you have to check people on their shipping--'cause some like to overcharge a bit. That's why I think I wouldn't be a good seller--I wouldn't want to go to the post office every other day!! ;)