PDA

View Full Version : OT - COOL tool for walkers and runners!

Jan in CA
08-03-2006, 11:04 PM
Gmaps Pedometer! (http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/) I'm having fun figuring out my usual walking routes. :lol:

gimmesanity
08-04-2006, 07:46 AM
Yah, this is how I plan my routes for my runs...I'm training for the NYC marathon and running routes in Brooklyn are pretty scarce.

knotmaker
08-04-2006, 08:24 AM
:wall: Maybe because its friday morning and I have only had 1/2 a coffee but I can't seem to make it work ... I wanted to see how far I run ... :crying:

I guess I just have to keep trying!

silveridger
08-04-2006, 10:11 AM
It took me a couple of minutes (and more coffee) to get the hang of it. Check out the usage instructions if you're not getting anywhere.

What a great tool--got it bookmarked along with my regular routes. Thanks for posting about it!

Kirochka
08-04-2006, 10:20 AM
Yah, this is how I plan my routes for my runs...I'm training for the NYC marathon and running routes in Brooklyn are pretty scarce.

Wave to my father in November... he's also training for the marathon (his first - he's done a half-marathon, so far)! :thumbsup: (I'm in awe of all of you who are... no way in a million years could I do that...)

Jan in CA
08-04-2006, 01:25 PM
:wall: Maybe because its friday morning and I have only had 1/2 a coffee but I can't seem to make it work ... I wanted to see how far I run ... :crying:

I guess I just have to keep trying!

Once you get the right area click "start recording" and then double click around the path you want. When you get to the end you can see on the left how far it is and save it if you want.

kemp
08-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Wow Jan...that totally rocks! I can't believe I haven't seen that before.