PDA

View Full Version : Happy Friday Everyone!

Nikki
08-04-2006, 09:06 AM
Ahhhhhhh, the weekend is close. Are you planning on taking a block of time for you and just knitting? (I've got to fix a dropped stitch run in my footie-never try to knit with 2 yo grandtwins 'helping'.) I also want to clean up and re-organize my knitting area. What's on your knit to do list this weekend?
Nikki

kemp
08-04-2006, 09:24 AM
I haven't thought much about my to do list yet, but there will definitely be some knitting!

JLC
08-04-2006, 09:34 AM
I should have an order from Knitpicks on the doorstep when I get home (or actually it could be in the garage or on the ground or taped to the mailbox, depending on the whims of the delivery person) with some yarn I can thank Ingrid for :) and some extra needle tips, so I will be reorganizing my Options needle binder and casting on for a scarf, while also working on 2 sweaters.

dustinac
08-04-2006, 09:38 AM
Its suppose to be cooler here so I'm hoping to get all my chores done (taking shermee for a rabies shot, grocery shopping, cleaning, sorting my upstairs closet) out of the way early so the rest of the weekend I can enjoy my swing again :cheering: while knitting on Cozy..while watching the kids enjoy the outdoors again.. although I'd really like to have cozy done before the weekend... don't think it will happen...

mulene
08-04-2006, 09:56 AM
I'm taking time this weekend to learn to spin =D If all goes well I'll be bringing a wheel home with me and practicing a LOT!

kemp
08-04-2006, 10:24 AM
How cool Mulene! I keep talking myself out of learning to spin. I already spend enough on yarn without adding roving and a spinning wheel. I'm sure I'll "crack" someday though. :rollseyes:

JLC
08-04-2006, 10:30 AM
How cool Mulene! I keep talking myself out of learning to spin. I already spend enough on yarn without adding roving and a spinning wheel. I'm sure I'll "crack" someday though. :rollseyes:

Me too! Plus, my house is rather small and I wouldn't really have much space.

dustinac
08-04-2006, 10:31 AM
I'm taking time this weekend to learn to spin =D If all goes well I'll be bringing a wheel home with me and practicing a LOT!

I want Mulene's weekend... :rofling:

mulene
08-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Ok here comes an enable post.. BE WARNED!

I live in London, in a TINY weeny little flat with a cat and what would likely be called a small stash by some, my mother however would likely refer to it as a mountain of yarn.

Anyway, I won't have much room at all to play with, and yes I was concerned about adding roving / fiber to my already expensive habit but I have good reason ;)

Anyway for the space challenged, I give you The Ashford Joy wheel:

http://www.yarnatwebsters.com/images/Spinning/Ashford-Joy%20Wheel.jpg

its small enough that it fits into its nice blue canvas shoulder bag (which will store nicely in the bottom of a wardrobe, or the top.. or the shoe rack (if I didn't have a bad shoe habit also) or errr.... I'm sure a home could be found ;)

http://www.ashford.co.nz/spinning/images/joy-bag.jpg

Now my reasons for learning to spin are many - not least of which because its an "I wanna do that!" type thing but also because I can get my hands easily on some bamboo fiber for spinning, but getting hands on bamboo yarn in the UK is not straightforward :P

Also I want to be able to spin some yarn, knit with it and say "tada lookie what I did!"

If after trying the spinning at the lesson (its a one on one with a lady who has been spinning since 1971) I think "I am NEVER ever going to have the hand eye and feet co-ordination for this" then I'll not come home with a wheel. I know the lady is keen on the Ashford Traditional wheel (that is what I'll be learning on) but I am afraid I couldn't have one of those it just seems too big!

mulene
08-04-2006, 10:50 AM
I want Mulene's weekend... :rofling:

:rofling: hands off my weekend! I've been dying for this day to arrive for the last couple of weeks hehe

Jenelle
08-04-2006, 11:57 AM
I'll be working on Tempting (http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTtempting.html) most of the weekend. My goal was to have it done by sunday night, but I don't see that happening. :rollseyes:

I might even work on preemie hats.

Liliyarn
08-04-2006, 12:02 PM
You'd be so surprised about the hand and feet coordination thing. I have a double treadle and it is a breeze. I actually prefered its spin over a single treadle. Try one, trust me! I have an Ashford Traveler. Love it!

I tried the Joy. Loved it except it was really low. I'm short and it was still low. So, if I got one it would only be for traveling. I couldn't use it all the time. Very smooth spin though. Second only the the Louet.

Please tell us all about your spinning! I am looking forward to reading it.

JamOKnit
08-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Must clean the house first, but then I hope to hunker down with my triangle shawl and keep plugging away at it! Hopefully I'll get far enough to post some WIP pics on Monday!

Have a good weekend everyone! :XX: :thumbsup:

nadja la claire
08-04-2006, 03:40 PM
It is a FABULOUS Friday. The temp has finally dropped some and there is a delicious breeze. I hope to go yarn shopping and I'll be working on my first pair of socks. They are toe-up and I've ripped them out probably 6 or 7 times but I'm enjoying the learning experience. I also intend to do a little gardening since the weather has improved.

Nadja :XX:

Indygirl
08-04-2006, 04:18 PM
First of all, I'm going to have my G.D. over nite tonight :cheering: . Then tomorrow morning I'm off to my LYS for a new sweater class. It's called Diagonal "Mystery" sweater. I'll do housework in the evening (maybe) The hot weather has let up a little here. I might do some outside work too.
Happy knitting