PDA

View Full Version : OT: Dang it!!!

knitaddict
08-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Dh was *supposed* to be home from his deployment on Monday. He called at 2:30 in the morning to say that his plane broke in England and it would probably be Wed. or Thurs. instead. He just called again and said it won't be before Sunday! UGH!!!!!!!! I just want him H.O.M.E!!!

Julie
08-09-2006, 03:15 PM
:pout:

Nikki
08-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Bless your heart, I know you soooooooo want him home. Has he been in Iraq? I'm sorry he's tied up in England but..........I wonder if there are any good yarn stores close to him? He could maybe stick some in his bag....Okay, it was just a thought. My father told me when I was a teenager that it was better to get there 10 minutes late than not get there at all. Let's hope they give him an uneventful flight to this side of the Atlantic.
gentle hugs for you and an invitation to come knit,
Nikki

Ronda
08-09-2006, 03:24 PM
:hug:

knitaddict
08-09-2006, 04:24 PM
Bless your heart, I know you soooooooo want him home. Has he been in Iraq? I'm sorry he's tied up in England but..........I wonder if there are any good yarn stores close to him? He could maybe stick some in his bag....Okay, it was just a thought. My father told me when I was a teenager that it was better to get there 10 minutes late than not get there at all. Let's hope they give him an uneventful flight to this side of the Atlantic.
gentle hugs for you and an invitation to come knit,
Nikki

:roflhard: :roflhard: I can't see him going into a LYS to shop for me. :roflhard: :roflhard: Besides, he's on the crew so he can't leave base. :( He wasn't in Iraq, but he was in a support position in a safe zone. I'm very thankful for that.

I was just talking to my mum about it and remembered that we've got 30 people coming for a welcome home party on Sunday. Guess I should start calling everyone to postpone. :doh: