PDA

View Full Version : OT: Feeling Blue

happyknitter613
08-09-2006, 05:34 PM
I know I probably shouldn't be feeling too sad, but I just broke up with my boyfriend (we had dated for almost three years). I know that the split is for the best, but right now it's very difficult. Unfortunately we're just two very different people and although there were good parts to the relationship, I know that it's not enough to go down the road and have a happy marriage. I've been married once and went through a very difficult divorce and hope to not have to endure anything like that again. I know, there are no guarantees and it's a risk that I have to be willing to take if I want to be in relationships.

It's hard to concentrate on much right now, but perhaps my knitting will help.

Christianne

SandraEllen
08-09-2006, 05:46 PM
:hug:
sorry to hear that you are blue. It probably is for the better. You don't want to waste your time on something that won't make you happy.
Hang in there!!!

Andrea
08-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Sounds like you made the right decision. Take it easy :hug:

Nikki
08-09-2006, 07:14 PM
You are wise. Remember when it gets hard that even when a rotten tooth is pulled, it leaves a hole.

You are clearing out your life for the right person.
gentle hugs,
Nikki :blooby:

PinkRoses
08-09-2006, 07:24 PM
Think of how you will feel a few years from now. I look back on the people I had been with years ago and it makes me feel like I always made the right decission. I'm not saying it's easy though. Best wishes to you.

:grphug:

Amber
08-09-2006, 07:31 PM
Break-ups are always hard -- even when you know it's for the best. :hug: Be extra good to yourself right now.

cecile77
08-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Sorry to hear about your breakup, I know it sucks. Yes, your knitting will help you. I know from personal experience.

08-09-2006, 09:21 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. It sucks, I know. But you did what your gut told you to do and that is always the right thing. :hug:

Angelia
08-09-2006, 11:23 PM
:heart: :heart: It hurts so much, even knowing it's the right decision.

BinkyKat
08-09-2006, 11:27 PM
:hug: :heart: :hug:
Good for you that you have the strength to know when it's time to move on. My mom has been going through a hellacious time with a fellow she's been with for 8 years... she's very protective of her heart having a divorce after a 25 yr marriage to my dad. It's like seeing her go through it all over again. But only you know what's best for you..and you wouldn't be human if you didn't feel bad about any breakup. You give your heart to someone and whether they break it or you ask for it back, it still hurts.
Take care and hugs all around ya here amongst the KH knitty-pals!!

rebecca
08-10-2006, 11:58 AM
I'm so sorry that you are feeling blue now, but, as others have said, you will feel so much better in the future. I wish great happiness and love for you...it's worth the wait :wink: I didn't find my true love until I was 30...very much worth the wait.

nadja la claire
08-10-2006, 12:46 PM
:hug: I'm so sorry for your pain. It doesn't matter whether the decision is right or wrong it's still hard leave a relationship. Allow yourself to be sad, it's ok, but remember that you're not alone. :grphug:

Nadja xxx

happyknitter613
08-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Thank you all so much for your kind words - it's greatly appreciated. I do know that while it hurts a lot right now, with each day that passes, it will get a bit easier...and I'm bound to bump into my Prince Charming at some point down the road!

:-)

Christianne

mulene
08-11-2006, 08:02 AM
:hug: its the worst time, right after a break up. I broke up with my fiance after 7 1/2 years together (we split up 10 years ago this autumn). It was one of the hardest decisions I'd ever made, but we were, like you, two completely seperate people.

It really hurt like hell and it was so difficult to concentrate on things. I wish I had knitted back then. Unfortunately I didn't and it took me quite some time to get through it but I did in the end. It is way way wayyyy better to know now than to know later down the line after marriage or kids and have to go through a divorce.

All I can offer is :hug: :hug: and a sympathetic ear. We're all here for you, hang in there, you'll get through.