PDA

View Full Version : Point protector for KP Options needles

Elza_B
08-15-2006, 12:45 PM
Does anybody have any tip on what to use as point protector for the Options needles from KP? The rubber point protector that I got from Michaels keeps slipping off.

Thanks.

janelanespaintbrush
08-15-2006, 01:19 PM
I've heard of people wrapping rubber bands around the tips. Not the prettiest looking point protector, but it probably won't fall off.

KellyK
08-15-2006, 02:01 PM
I like the Large version of THESE (http://knitpicks.com/tools/itemid_80018/tools_display.aspx). Even though they are large, they wont even slip off sz 1 needles, but they will also fit your big, fat needles. They are really stretchy. I would bet you have the sock-shaped or T-shirt-shaped ones, right? They are hard plastic?

brownishcoat
08-15-2006, 03:06 PM
I don't even bother with PPs. I just slide the stitches onto the cables and I never have issues with stitches slipping off.

KellyK
08-15-2006, 03:38 PM
You still have to be careful if your stitches almost fill the cable...

brownishcoat
08-15-2006, 03:41 PM
Right. I'm mostly doing socks these days, so that's not much of an issue. ;)

Freyja
08-15-2006, 03:51 PM
I like the Large version of THESE (http://knitpicks.com/tools/itemid_80018/tools_display.aspx). Even though they are large, they wont even slip off sz 1 needles, but they will also fit your big, fat needles. They are really stretchy. I would bet you have the sock-shaped or T-shirt-shaped ones, right? They are hard plastic?

I use these blue tips and they work great. I found them in wall-fart.

Elza_B
08-15-2006, 03:56 PM
Thank you all! I'm putting it on my list for my next order from KP. Right now, I'm just drowned with yarns and I have to knit up a storm to finish all these projects before I can buy more. Then there's the ball winder that I really want..... etc.. etc...

Wall-fart... that's funny! :rofling: It's not a typo, isn't it? Because 'f' is so far away from 'm' on the keyboard.

KellyK
08-15-2006, 05:02 PM
OH... you're gonna find LOTS of people who wont say the W word here, Elza! ;)

SandraEllen
08-15-2006, 05:05 PM
I also have these and got them from the same place freyja got hers

Elza_B
08-15-2006, 06:39 PM
OH... you're gonna find LOTS of people who wont say the W word here, Elza! ;)

Ohh... I so wanted to say the W word a LONG time ago... I thought if I did, I would be banned from the forum.

BinkyKat
08-15-2006, 09:27 PM
I use the same blue ones too!
I actually also use one as a PP for my little crane shaped scissors as the point on that bugger is deadly!! :roflhard: