PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is the mod squad?

aineepooh1
08-16-2006, 03:53 PM
I have posted 2or 3 times and Ingrid(whose sheep Icon I absolutely love..) and a few others have replied.. but I noticed they have Mod Squad by their bio... what the heck? I also noticed :shrug: the World Cup of Knitting????
thanks

knitqueen
08-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Here's a description of what the mod squad (moderators) does, taken from the FAQ section of the website:

"Moderators are individuals (or groups of individuals) whose job it is to look after the running of the forums from day to day. They have the power to edit or delete posts and lock, unlock, move, delete and split topics in the forum they moderate. Generally moderators are there to prevent people going off-topic or posting abusive or offensive material."

Hope that helps! :-)

brendajos
08-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Here's a description of what the mod squad (moderators) does, taken from the FAQ section of the website:

"Generally moderators are there to prevent people going off-topic...."

:teehee: :rofling: :teehee: That's cute!

Jan in CA
08-16-2006, 05:58 PM

"Generally moderators are there to prevent people going off-topic...."

:teehee: :rofling: :teehee: That's cute!

Notice how well it works? :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

CarmenIbanez
08-16-2006, 06:11 PM
Wait.... what were we talking about?

knitqueen
08-16-2006, 06:49 PM
:teehee:

BinkyKat
08-16-2006, 07:14 PM
Wait.... what were we talking about?

Hugh Jackman! or what is Paolo the Knitter's Island Cabana boy?
:roflhard: :roflhard:

mintdee
08-16-2006, 07:38 PM
Oooh I love me some Cabanna boys :eyebrow:

aineepooh1
08-16-2006, 09:14 PM
thanks for the info!! I must check the FAQ section for more tasty tidbits..
thanks

Shandeh
08-16-2006, 09:24 PM
The answer is.....

THE DAILY DOUBLE!!!

http://bestsmileys.com/lights/3.gif

brendajos
08-16-2006, 10:22 PM
thanks for the info!! I must check the FAQ section for more tasty tidbits..
thanks

:aww: Sorry Ainee....didn't mean to hijack your thread .....that OT thing just made me LOL when i read it and i couldn't let it go! :teehee:

Shandeh
08-16-2006, 10:25 PM
Yeah, our "mods" are SO GOOD at keeping us on topic, aren't they?
:roflhard: :roflhard:

BinkyKat
08-16-2006, 10:48 PM
Heeeerrrreee Mod-y Mod-y Mod-y!!!
Ya think we'd get a visit by one! :roflhard:

Shandeh
08-16-2006, 10:52 PM

That's the input I saw from one of them! :rofling:

BinkyKat
08-16-2006, 10:58 PM
Yep, too funny no?
:eyebrow:

KellyK
08-16-2006, 11:45 PM
Maybe if you leave a trail of crumbs out, one of us will wander in! :roflhard:

I think of our job as being advocates for the community here. Off-topic discussions are encouraged, actually..... that's the way everyone gets to know each other better!

But, we do watch out for spammers and "hot" topics (but we even leave those alone if everyone is being respectful, which they most usually are because this place is ALL about the LUV and respect.... its pretty amazing!).

AND, we help members out with "techie" issues. And, we might move a topic to a more appropriate forum where it will get the best answers.

We make sure everyone is feeling welcome and getting their questions answered.

I hope that answered your question, ainee!

(Maybe all you really wanted to know was that "Mod Squad" is our own "fun" version of "Moderator".) :oops:

Shandeh
08-17-2006, 02:54 AM
(Maybe all you really wanted to know was that "Mod Squad" is our own "fun" version of "Moderator".) :oops:
Yeah Kelly. KISS (Keep It Simple Sweetie!) :heart: :muah: :heart:

Andrea
08-17-2006, 03:04 AM
Maybe if you leave a trail of crumbs out, one of us will wander in! :roflhard:

Or yarn... :teehee:

BinkyKat
08-17-2006, 08:04 PM
And that, folks, was another well worded and concise Public Service Announcement from KellyK herself... now back to your program already in progress!
:roflhard:

KellyK
08-17-2006, 11:16 PM
And that, folks, was another well worded and concise Public Service Announcement from KellyK herself... now back to your program already in progress! :roflhard:

:aww: Thanks, Bink! :muah:

itsbecca1979
08-18-2006, 07:51 AM
*is on the mod squad on another site :D *

Shandeh
08-18-2006, 08:49 AM
I remember the original Mod Squad, of course.

Click to read more. http://www.chezgrae.com/modsquad/

KellyK
08-18-2006, 12:41 PM
I remember the original Mod Squad, of course.

Click to read more.http://www.chezgrae.com/modsquad/

What a COINCIDENCE that I look EXACTLY like Laurence Fishburn!! :noway:

amy
08-18-2006, 01:08 PM
What a COINCIDENCE that I look EXACTLY like Laurence Fishburn!! :noway:

:roflhard:

For the record, the FAQ page came with this forum software to provide general answers to general questions. I don't even know how to edit that page. :blush: Mostly it looks like good information, but if something doesn't sound exactly tailored to "our board", it's because it isn't! ;)

Shandeh
08-18-2006, 03:42 PM
The actors portraying the Mod Squad were Michael Cole, Clarence Williams III and Peggy Lipton as Pete, Linc and Julie.

The Mod Squad consisted of three troubled kids who had dropped out of straight society and had had a run-in with the law. Pete had been kicked out by his wealthy Beverly Hills parents and stolen a car, Linc was raised in the Watts ghetto and was arrested in the Watts rioting; Julie was the daughter of a San Francisco prostitute who had run away from home and had been arrested in L.A. for vagrancy. All three were on probation when they were approached by Captain Adam Greer to form a special 'youth squad' to infiltrate the counter-culture and catch the adult crime-lords who preyed on the young kids, but never the kids themselves.

While the Mod Squad were "fuzz", they certainly weren't "pigs". Being from the Flower-Children era, they didn't carry guns; instead, they wore beads and hip clothing and used the slang of the day: "groovy", "keep the faith" and, most notably, "solid".

In response to this stolen article from the website aforementioned, Shandeh says, "Solid!" 8)

Ingrid
08-18-2006, 03:46 PM
8) I'm the blonde!

KellyK
08-18-2006, 05:28 PM
Well, He LOOKS like Laurence Fishburn! :verysad:

Shandeh
08-18-2006, 07:22 PM
He sure does! I wonder if they are related? :thinking:

BinkyKat
08-19-2006, 11:19 PM
[quote=carolina red]What a COINCIDENCE that I look EXACTLY like Laurence Fishburn!! :noway:

SOLID!
(that's all I remember...) :teehee: