PDA

View Full Version : My Husband Is Awesome!!

jdee
08-18-2006, 03:19 PM
My husband got a package in the mail today, and guess what it was...

jdee
08-18-2006, 03:23 PM
He had ordered them for my birthday, but they came late. That made it an even bigger surprise! :cheering:

He then apologized to me because it was late. Is he kidding? Like I'm going to complain because they're late. I'm not going to complain about ANYTHING right now. He's just the best! :happydance:

Friskums
08-18-2006, 03:24 PM
What a sweet hubby! ^_^

Enjoy your awesome new needles. :happydance:

janelanespaintbrush
08-18-2006, 03:25 PM
Wow! He sure is!

gardenmommy
08-18-2006, 03:37 PM
Wowee! Lucky you! How heavy were the hints you had to drop to get that? ;)

jdee
08-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Oh, I'm sure it was no secret that I wanted them. :roflhard:

It's just that we've been painting and trying to do some small improvements to our house, and I really wasn't sure we could afford them.

On my birthday, he brought me a rose, and a birthday card, with some shopping money, and took me to Sherman, where the nearest Hobby Lobby, and Joanns is. I got some things, and I told him I'd like to save the rest of my money for the needle set. He told me not to worry about that, just get what I wanted. Well, I'm no genious, but I had a feeling he had already ordered them. I wasn't sure, but I was suspicious. Well, after so much time passed, I thought that maybe I was wrong, and he hadn't ordered them after all.

And then today.....Well, I'm just estatic!!

PurlyGyrl
08-18-2006, 04:08 PM
What a sweetie! I think your DH is a keeper! :thumbsup:

misstialouise
08-18-2006, 05:06 PM
What a thoughtful hubby!!!!

Hmm... can he talk to mine??? ;)

ebrperk
08-18-2006, 05:10 PM
He is great. Congrats on the new needles. I have a birthday coming up wonder if my husband would get them for me???????

Amber
08-18-2006, 05:32 PM
:cheering: What a sweet, thoughtful hubby!

Happy belated birthday!

jdee
08-18-2006, 10:06 PM
I have a birthday coming up wonder if my husband would get them for me???????

It's worth a try. :shrug:

Amber
08-18-2006, 10:10 PM
He is great. Congrats on the new needles. I have a birthday coming up wonder if my husband would get them for me???????

Time to start dropping some hints! :wink:

EssenceRose
08-18-2006, 10:56 PM
*drool* OMG you lucky woman!!!

jdee
08-19-2006, 12:46 AM
I have a question. I've never owned an interchangable needle set, and I don't know how the cable key is used. :shrug: It seems like it would get in the way of knitting.

knitaddict
08-19-2006, 12:49 AM
How wonderful. :heart: I wish my dh would surprise me like that. Instead, I would drop hints and he'd finally tell me to go order them myself. :??

snephenie
08-19-2006, 11:28 AM
Last year I bought my Denise set and said "Oh don't worry about my anniversary present I already bought it"

We aren't big spenders on gifts anyways so he didn't care.

This year I want a swift but I'm thinking of giving that to HIM for our anniversary ala Homer Simpson and the bowling ball. (Afterall he won't have sore arms anymore while I hand wind the balls.)

rebecca
08-19-2006, 12:48 PM
:cheering: :cheering: WTG, congratulations on your wonderful gift and awesome hubby :cheering: :cheering:
There's nothing like a hubby who surprises you with knitty goodies :wink:

stitchwitch
08-19-2006, 01:17 PM
How sweet! My husband has asked me to show him what I want and when I make comments about the price his statement is always "you gotta have the right tools!". He's a tool hound so I guess he sees my knitting stuff as an equivilant to his tool chest. :teehee: I think a set of nice interchangeables is in my future. :cheering:

aylaanne
08-19-2006, 02:14 PM
What a great husband you have! That's an awesome gift! My husband probably will never buy me knitting things (except gift certificates) because he's afraid he'll get them wrong!
I have a question. I've never owned an interchangable needle set, and I don't know how the cable key is used. :shrug: It seems like it would get in the way of knitting.

The key is used to tighten the cable in the needle, and then removed to start knitting. That's all. I also use a safety pin in the holes to keep my knitting on the needles when I need the tips for something else.
Happy Birthday!

jdee
08-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Thank you, aylaane. I just couldn't figure it out, and was becoming more puzzled as I tried. :??

My husband has asked me to show him what I want and when I make comments about the price his statement is always "you gotta have the right tools!". He's a tool hound so I guess he sees my knitting stuff as an equivilant to his tool chest. I think a set of nice interchangeables is in my future.

It looks like your husband is awsome, too. :yay: