PDA

View Full Version : Shine Sport *sigh*

knitqueen
08-19-2006, 03:38 PM
What have you made with Knitpicks' Shine Sport??? The stuff I have didn't want to be Picovoli (http://www.magknits.com/Aug05/picovoli.htm), is not too happy as this Drops Designs tank (http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=69&d_id=18&lang=us) either.

I just don't know anymore, it is not telling me what it wants to be :shrug: . I have 8 balls of it, I think part of the problem is that I like the thought of making garments but I never end up wearing the garments that I make. Hmmmmm :thinking:

jamiejeans
08-19-2006, 05:07 PM
I really like the drops design tank... I may have to knit that myself!

Jan in CA
08-19-2006, 06:56 PM
I've got 10 balls of it and have no idea what to do with it. :shrug:

knitqueen
08-19-2006, 07:44 PM
I found a cushion pattern in 'The Knitter's Bible' that I might try. It is a patchwork type thing with samplers of different stitch patterns, and in the book it is done in different colours, but if I did it all in 'green apple', which is the colour I have, then I think I'll choose a bolder fabric for the backing. Crossing my fingers that it works out this time.

CindyH
08-19-2006, 07:50 PM
I have 20 balls of it on the way, and they're going to be a Log Cabin throw (blanket if I have enough yarn). I saw someone else's Log Cabin made with Shine and it was beautiful.

What problem did you find with the yarn in knitting the Picovoli and the tank?

knitqueen
08-19-2006, 07:56 PM
What problem did you find with the yarn in knitting the Picovoli and the tank?

Didn't mean to make it sound like there was something wrong with the yarn - there really isn't. I like it a lot and it produces a nice soft fabric...my problem is knitting garments that I don't end up wearing, so I was hoping to find a project for some type of household thing, like a cushion!! I'm sure your throw will be beautiful, I wish I had enough of Shine for a throw.

CindyH
08-19-2006, 08:00 PM
Ahhh I see. Well, you could also make a Log Cabin pillow (maybe a few)! Much more instant gratification than a throw!

Freyja
08-19-2006, 11:18 PM
...my problem is knitting garments that I don't end up wearing,

I like to take my favorite shirt, sweater, tank and measure it out, then knit to those measurements with a yarn I like. Then I have a favorite, in a different look (knitted) and with a different color. :happydance: