PDA

View Full Version : Fiber Trend Clogs-2006 and 2007

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

knitting4-2girls
10-04-2007, 12:17 PM
You guys are making me really want to get my clogs felted. I have a front loading washing machine so I will have to go to the laudromat to do the felting. So far, they have just been sitting on the side table waiting patiently for me to finish them!!

vaknitter
10-06-2007, 08:25 PM
I've never done a KAL before - I've always got too many projects OTNs to pick-up something new. I have my yarn and my childrens pattern (LYS was sold out of the adult) and I am ready to get started !!

Yarnlady
10-07-2007, 09:10 AM
I finished up my very first one last night. My friend made me a pair, so I had a clue, but I made the largest men's size and wow!

They do knit up quickly, but I really need a relatively quiet environment to do all the "stuff" on the soles. I'm using Cascade 220.

Pics on my blog.

mare-nitt
10-07-2007, 09:27 AM
I know I can't join the KAL, because I took a class yesterday on doing the clogs. But it went really well, I knit this morning on it alittle and I am at the cuff part.

It is pretty easy, except, yeah, you have to watch your counts.

Everyones look great.

Indygirl
10-07-2007, 09:49 AM
I know I can't join the KAL, because I took a class yesterday on doing the clogs. But it went really well, I knit this morning on it alittle and I am at the cuff part.

It is pretty easy, except, yeah, you have to watch your counts.

Everyones look great. I don't see any reason you couldn't join in the CLOGS KAL. Just finish up and post a picture when your done if you can.:thumbsup:

farmwife'n'mama
10-08-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm so excited! I'm a fairly new knitter but think I can tackle these clogs! I ordered my pattern on Saturday from Diva Knitting. It should be shipped soon! Unfortunately, the adult size has been sold out but I was able to get the childs size! I'm going to make some of these for everyone in my family. :) I need to order yarn now but the color I want for mine won't be available until 10/23.

new_knitter
10-09-2007, 06:55 PM
After some initial :frog: and a change from my loved bamboo needles to the new Denise set I bought today, I am now flying on my first clog. :woohoo: I haven't done but a couple of rows on the new needles, but I LOVE how using a smaller left needle makes things go fast.

I will finish up tonight and try to post a picture.

By the way Jam, great job on your clogs!

Yarnlady
10-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Everyone's always said the Fiber Trends Clogs are really easy. And they are if you are totally uninterrupted! I spent so much time in the frog pond I'm surprised they weren't fulled before I even got done knitting them.

I used Cascade 220 and of course had to make the largest size available for one of four of my huge footed sons. I resorted to using life lines every time my count came out correctly. Fortunately I only needed to frog once I started using them.

The fulling process was painless. I've found using white vinegar instead of soap relieves the worry of how to rinse them enough to get out the soap without fulling even more.

I have two or three more pair to make for Christmas.... along with everything else!
Pics on my blog.

new_knitter
10-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Yarnlady,

What's a lifeline?

new_knitter
10-14-2007, 06:33 PM
My clogs took the backseat while I try to make a quick Gryffindor scarf. Here is a picture of my progress. I have one more row on the second sole and then I am ready to attach.

This is my first clog, and I have to wonder about the soles. They seem so narrow compare to the rest of the clog.

I am excited to see how they look after felting!

JamOKnit
10-15-2007, 09:36 AM
new knitter, it looks great! I love the variegated upper. Good luck with the rest of it!

stirsmommy
10-15-2007, 02:11 PM
ok I got my first pair done.. Yippee for me! Now I am trying to make the smaller men's pair and somehow I keep screwing up the count for the sole on the first one. I need to get this done this week but I have frogged it so many times I can seem to get myself to pick it up again. I even have the thought of a new project that can be started if I just do it but it hasn't motivated me much. Any suggestions?

new_knitter
10-15-2007, 11:23 PM
Thanks JamOKnit. I like the variegated yarn too. I think it will look good felted.

stirsmommy, congratulations on finishing your first clogs! Do we get to see them?

MomofAlex
10-16-2007, 08:56 AM
Andrea, These are adorable. I'm making my first pair and my son has requested his high school logo. What's needlefelting?

JamOKnit
10-16-2007, 09:56 AM
So far, my clogs have been great. They are so comfy and great for wearing around the house. I do find that they are stretching out a bit as I wear them, so you might want to felt a little tighter than you think you need, they will settle a bit.

I just got a HUGE order of WOTA from Knit Picks....22 skeins!!! I'm making 4 pairs by Christmas...I hope! :knitting::knitting::knitting::knitting::knitting: :knitting:

new_knitter
10-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Hey MomofAlex,

My son has requested his HS logo on his clogs too. My limited understanding of needlefelting is that you take wool roving or wool yarn that you have pull apart somewhat and use a felting needle (it has barbs on it) to felt with. My LYS suggested that I draw the logo on the finished clog with one of those white pencils that will wash out, lay the roving in place, and then felt it together by poking it with the felting needle.

Hope that helps!

farmwife'n'mama
10-16-2007, 09:21 PM
I got my child's clog pattern on Saturday! :woohoo: I'm going to order the adult pattern, too, but it's not in stock yet at Diva Knitting.

I'm still waiting for my WOTA. It should be here as soon as tomorrow! I'll take a pic and post it when it comes in. I got 27 skeins! I'm hoping to make a pair for all 3 children, my hubby, and me. :) We'll see how it goes.

momwolf
10-17-2007, 01:33 AM
Melissa have you tried writing the pattern and crossing it off as you go?I have a magnet board I use and cover up the parts I finish.I only do 3 numbers at a time then move the magnet over to the next set of 3 numbers.I used to write it out and cross of the numbers before I got the magnet board.This is the only way I could do the clogs.

JamOKnit
10-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Cast on for DH's huge men's size 13 clogs last night....got through the sole and part of the upper. I like how quickly these knit up!

I have a Stitch N Bitch with some friends tomorrow night so hopefully I'll get more knitting than chatting done! :)

new_knitter
10-17-2007, 04:54 PM
I like how quickly these knit up!

I am glad you are zooming through your clogs. My first clog didn't go very fast :pout: I hope it really speeds up on the next ones. I was really hoping to knock out a several pairs for Christmas.... [Still in denial]

stirsmommy
10-17-2007, 06:08 PM
Go me! I have finally finished the inner sole on the 3rd clog. My brain and fingers finally decided to work together. Phew! I really need to get these done so I can get started on the shawls.

stirsmommy
10-17-2007, 06:11 PM
I am glad you are zooming through your clogs. My first clog didn't go very fast :pout: I hope it really speeds up on the next ones. I was really hoping to knock out a several pairs for Christmas.... [Still in denial]

I imagine that as long you don't have a brain fart like I did on my third ones innersole ( I couldn't get the count right for anything) then you will just peachy. They do get easier from what I can tell I think I was just having trouble with switching from one size to another. I made my dad the biggest and the pair I am on now are the next size down. I may have been going back and forth on the numbers and therefore screwing up the stitch count.

knitting4-2girls
10-18-2007, 01:13 PM
They do get easier. I am working on my third clog right now and I am starting to really get the hang of it . I am hoping to make 4 pairs of these for Christmas. One down and three pairs to go. My only thing is that when I finish the first clog of the pair I tend ot think that I am done. I am almost done with the first clog for my mom and was getting really excited that I was going to be finished, but then I had to remember that I have another one to do!!:doh:

new_knitter
10-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the response stirsmommy and knitting4-2girls! If I can ever finish my Gryffindor Scarf, I will be trying to zoom through some clogs...

As a fall back plan I can always just complete the 2 pairs for my boys and plan on doing the rest for next Christmas... wouldn't that be a relief next year, to have so many presents completed earlier!

rorygilmore
10-20-2007, 03:00 PM
I'll be joining this KAL soon. I have my pattern and have ordered yarn for one pair of clogs. I just have to finish the pinwheel sweater and I have yarn for a second pair.

knitting4-2girls
10-21-2007, 11:51 PM
Yeah!! I have two pairs of clogs knitted. Now to felting. I just printed off an article on how to felt in a front loading washing machine so tomorrow I will be on a felting craze.

Have any of you had any felting problems with your clogs?

new_knitter
10-22-2007, 09:11 AM
Good luck knitting4-2girls. I can't wait to see how they turn out!

PurlyGyrl
10-29-2007, 09:52 AM
O.K. I finally surrendered :notworthy: to the lure of the felted clog. I cast on my first clog yesterday using Cascade 220 black for the sole and pink for the upper. So far, so good. Wish me luck Crossed Fingers

farmwife'n'mama
10-29-2007, 11:48 AM
I've almost finished my first clog!!! I'm making the smallest child's size right now for my baby. I worked until almost 1AM! I was having so much fun I just kept going! :D All I have left is to make the outer sole and attach it. :woohoo: I can hardly wait to get going on the second one!

new_knitter
10-29-2007, 04:28 PM
Welcome PurlyGyrl and FarmWifenMama! Looking forward to seeing your clogs...

new_knitter
10-29-2007, 06:02 PM
I am unsure if I am seaming my clog up correctly. It says to use a loose backstich. I know what a backstitch is from when I used to cross-stitch - the needle goes up at 1 down at 3, then back up in between at 2. But I am confused how to incorporate this into seaming. Mine wound up looking like slanted whip stitches. :??

Can anyone help?

new_knitter
10-29-2007, 06:28 PM
I found out how to seam with the back stitch http://www.knitting.co.nz/site/page_affix/toaffix_learntoknit13/

Do you think I need to pull out what I did on the inner sole and redo it correctly? :frog:

Ingrid
10-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Unless there's a lump, leave it. The felting will hide anything.

JamOKnit
10-30-2007, 04:21 PM
I agree with Ingrid. I don't even know if the stitch I used for seaming HAS a name! :) But it all disappears into a solid fabric when you felt. Especially seaming up the inside sole, that won't show at all.
Well, I've completed the uppers and inner soles for both of DH's clogs, so now I just have to make the two outer soles and seam everything together. Goal is to finish by next weekend so I can get going on Christmas gifts for the family.

PurlyGyrl
10-31-2007, 09:18 AM
Well, I have finished the upper of my first clog and started the second sole. But I gotta say this:
THAT SUCKER IS HUGE!
I really hope it felts down like everyone says it will. As KK used to say, Trust the Pattern. I'm trying really hard to do that.

Here's the only photo I have--cast on to show the colors.

Maria2009
10-31-2007, 10:54 AM
so where can i buy this pattern?

JamOKnit
10-31-2007, 10:57 AM
It's available at many different online stores, usually around $5-6. I found mine at divaknitting.com but sometimes she's out of stock. Do a Google search for Fiber Trends Clogs pattern and you'll probably find it.

yarnbee
10-31-2007, 03:21 PM
OK, purlygyrl, I'm wishing you luck. I finished my clogs and felted them about a week ago. They're a gift, so will wait until after Christmas to post a photo.
BTW, they take forever to dry!
See you on Ravelry!

PurlyGyrl
11-01-2007, 08:38 AM
You have to see this:

I pray it will felt down to something reasonable!

new_knitter
11-02-2007, 09:00 AM
I am sure it will felt down nicely, PurlyGyrl. The others I have seen post have been huge prefelted. In fact, I am worried the ones I am working on for my son are not big enough prefelted. Good luck with them and I am looking for to seeing the finished picture.

new_knitter
11-05-2007, 04:16 AM
Y'all were right! The second clog is going much, much faster than the first one :happydance: I haven't been working very long on it, and I am ready to start the cuff already! If I could just speed up my purl stitches, I would be even faster. Pictures of finished and felted clogs coming SOON!

new_knitter
11-07-2007, 01:27 PM
I finished sewing up my first pair of clogs this morning! :woohoo: This even when my son finally gets home this evening, I will snap a picture and hopefully felt them.

Clog #2 started for my other son... but just barely. This pair is in black with gray soles and I get to needle felt the school logo on the toes.... should be interesting!

elaineb
11-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Congrats to you ! Hope to see the pictures soon , I am currently working on my first clog and just finally (!) attached the outer sole and bumper after 3 attempts ! I hope the second one is easier .. at least now I know what not to do lol.

new_knitter
11-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Congrats to you ! Hope to see the pictures soon , I am currently working on my first clog and just finally (!) attached the outer sole and bumper after 3 attempts ! I hope the second one is easier .. at least now I know what not to do lol.

Thanks elaineb! :) I will post the prefelted picture tonight. The second clog of the first pair I made went quite a bit faster and was easier than my attempt on the first one. :happydance: Good luck with yours! What yarn and colors are you using?

stirsmommy
11-08-2007, 04:20 PM
As soon as the two pair I have done are finished drying I will take pictures. It feels good to have something on my list completely done.:woot:

new_knitter
11-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Congrats stirsmommy :cheering:

new_knitter
11-09-2007, 01:43 PM
I finally took a couple of pictures this morning of my first pair of felted clogs. I must not have been all the way awake, because the pictures aren't very good, but you can still see. I can't wait to felt them! :)

http://picasaweb.google.com/lorisphotos99/FeltedClogs/photo#5130894999692632130

JamOKnit
11-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Nice!
I've had to take a break from clogs since my parents are visiting, and well, they are the recipients of the clogs! :) So next week I should be picking them back up again, although I have to finish DH's clogs before I work on Mom and Dad's.

new_knitter
11-11-2007, 02:21 PM
I finally got around to felting my first clogs this morning! I am really proud how they turned out! :woohoo: I made these for my son, but I may have to make me a matching pair.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lorisphotos99/FeltedClogs/photo#5131649301329668642

I used Cascade 220 Quattro in Antigua for the top and Cascade220 Heather in Peacock. I love how the Quattro felted!

I am already on the cuff of the first clog of my other son's clogs. These are going well! :X: :X: :X:

itsjustmeghan
11-11-2007, 02:36 PM
start to finish, how long does it take to make a pair of clogs? i was toying with making a pair for my daycare lady. and then i was thinking i'd make some for owen's sign language teacher. and then i'd have to make some for the speech therapist. and then i'd make one for our case worker. so i'd have to bust out 4 pairs of clogs with very little time...is it possible?
and what yarns do you use that you can buy at michael's or joann's? i don't know if i have time to wait on knitpick's order to come in....maybe paying shipping would be worth it?
thanks for the advice!
i'm off to read through this entire thing....wish me luck!

Tutu Carol
11-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Can you tell me where you get the pattern?

Thanks
Carol

itsjustmeghan
11-11-2007, 04:01 PM
i found my pattern at my LYS. most carry fiber trend patterns, and if they carry those, they HAVE to have these.Hope that helps!

new_knitter
11-12-2007, 09:16 AM
start to finish, how long does it take to make a pair of clogs? i was toying with making a pair for my daycare lady. and then i was thinking i'd make some for owen's sign language teacher. and then i'd have to make some for the speech therapist. and then i'd make one for our case worker. so i'd have to bust out 4 pairs of clogs with very little time...is it possible?
and what yarns do you use that you can buy at michael's or joann's? i don't know if i have time to wait on knitpick's order to come in....maybe paying shipping would be worth it?
thanks for the advice!
i'm off to read through this entire thing....wish me luck!

I have been so busy that my knitting has been stolen moments here and there. Knitting that way, I can get a pair knitted in about 5 days. It looks like it takes a couple of days to dry. The pattern calls for worsted weight wool yarn.

JamOKnit
11-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Finished the outer sole on #1 of DH's clogs last night, so all that's left is the outer sole of #2, then all the seaming and weaving in ends, and it's off to be felted!

itsjustmeghan
11-12-2007, 10:14 AM
I started my first pair last night. these directions are tough to read on that blue paper! :zombie:
after tearing out and starting a couple times, I got the sole done and i'm about to start the main color of the clog.

I'm using some random wool that i have in my house. a reddish color is stuff that i bought to double up and knit a poncho years ago. i made a caplet, but didn't like how it turned out, and i still have TONS of this wool left.
then i have a natural brown wool that my mom gave me last year. she bought this stuff when i was little. it's really scratchy stuff. i can't even find anything about the wool company anymore, so i had no idea what i should use it for.

knit up a swatch with teh two held together, felted, and the color is nice and the felted result is REALLY thick and smooshy!
i'm worried about felting them before i give them to her, not knowing my daycare lady's shoe size....but, i also don't want to give them to her unfelted, worried that she'll never felt them. i also wanted to see about doing a caulk sole for her on the felted product.
we'll see what i end up doing.

farmwife'n'mama
11-12-2007, 08:58 PM
I have my first pair done (except felting) and the first clog of the second pair done! I'm still having fun! :) Here's a picture of the first pair. They are for my 1 year old. I made the x-small and hope they felt done enough. I'm pretty sure they will. I used WOTA Forest Heather for the sole & cuff and Pampas Heather for the upper.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2338/1895895494_ed91f07327.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2349/1895895486_f7b04512d2.jpg

new_knitter
11-12-2007, 11:25 PM
What a cute little foot, Farmwifenmama. I like the color combination you used. I really think it will look good once it is felted! Congratulations - they are looking good!

medic777
11-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Does anyone know how I can repair the outer sole seam after clog has been felted? I didn't secure the seam very well and it is coming apart. Help, please. :think:
Thanks in advance......

CDKnittingMama
11-20-2007, 11:52 PM
I have my first pair done (except felting) and the first clog of the second pair done! I'm still having fun! :) Here's a picture of the first pair. They are for my 1 year old. I made the x-small and hope they felt done enough. I'm pretty sure they will. I used WOTA Forest Heather for the sole & cuff and Pampas Heather for the upper.

Did you use the childrens pattern or the adult? I want to buy the pattern but cant find the childrens pattern online. I would love to be able to buy one pattern and get a pair for my 2 year old and one for myself too.

TIA

grapegirl
11-21-2007, 01:26 AM
Hello all,
I'd like to join up. I also just joined the sock KAL. I am hoping to buy the pattern tomorrow at a local yarn shop and make a few pairs up for christmas gifts.

farmwife'n'mama
11-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Did you use the childrens pattern or the adult? I want to buy the pattern but cant find the childrens pattern online. I would love to be able to buy one pattern and get a pair for my 2 year old and one for myself too.

TIA

Laurette,

Happy Thanksgiving! :)

I used the children's pattern. I bought from Diva Knitting. You can see/buy it here. Child's Felt Clogs (http://www.divaknitting.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116&products_id=529). I haven't found a better price and with free shipping you can't go wrong! I'm still waiting for the adult size to be re-stocked so I can order it.

Rowena80233
12-02-2007, 01:17 PM
Hi everyone. I just 'found' you! I learned to knit when I was about 10, 58 now so I've been knitting off and on for 48ish years even when it wasn't 'fashionable'. Since I quit smoking, nearly 6 years ago it's been continuously 'on' knitting. I love knitting socks, have started knitting lace, etc. I also weave, spin, dye, sew, cook, play with polymer clay, herb garden, etc. I also still work full-time but, fortunately, from home.

I am in the middle of knitting more of the Fiber Trends adult-size felted clogs for gifts and cannot find the insert to my pattern that contains the instructions for the cuff. I have purchased this pattern at least twice and I'm wondering if anyone would want to share just the insert instructions with me via email??

Thanks in advance.
Yours in stitches,
Rowena

Lady Violet
12-08-2007, 01:16 AM
i need to make a pair of these for christmas. i was looking at all the clogs on ravelry and it looks like the "cuff" and sole take more yarn than the body. is that right? i won't be able to pick up the pattern until after i pick up the yarn tomorrow while it's still on sale or i'd look at it myself.
one more thing: looking on ravelry it's hard to tell how much yarn i would actually need. it seems that some knitters have used more yarn for a women's small than a men's large. i'll be using patons and possibly doing a contrasting "cuff" and sole. i figure at least one of you has done a pair like this.

JamOKnit
12-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Hi....yep, you need more for the cuff and sole than for the upper...the general rule is about 1/3 for the upper and 2/3 for the cuff and sole, but the pattern will tell you exact yardage for each size.

1to1
12-08-2007, 11:27 AM
Lady Violet, I bought 2 skeins for the sole/cuff color and 1 skein for the upper clog color. I'm using Cascade 220 so thats 660 yards.

Here is a picture of my 1st pre-felted clog that I finished last night. Is the bumper suppose to be on the inside of the sole? I've posted more photos on my blog.

Lady Violet
12-08-2007, 04:04 PM
so how do you knit double stranded with one skein of patons? every time i've tried to pull out the end from the center of a skein, it gets stuck and the outside end starts unwrapping so i end up with two loose ends.

1to1
12-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Lady - I had to wind the skeins of Cascade and I haven't had any problems using both ends from the purple. If your having trouble you might want to divide your skein. Let me know how its going. Carla

Doublereeder2
12-08-2007, 09:20 PM
so how do you knit double stranded with one skein of patons? every time i've tried to pull out the end from the center of a skein, it gets stuck and the outside end starts unwrapping so i end up with two loose ends.

I place the skein on a scale (say 100 grams) check the weight, then wind it until it is half the original weight (50 grams). Then I cut the yarn and wind the second half of the skein. Voila! 2 equal cakes of yarn to knit from ;)

Lady Violet
12-08-2007, 10:30 PM
thanks for mentioning using a scale. my dad's a science teacher (again) and it hit me a while ago that he might have those scientific scales that measure grams. i just asked him about it and he said there might be some around and that it would be fine if i come in and use them. sure beats going out and buying a $40 scale! (even if i know i'll end up getting one eventually anyway. i'm just way too addicted to this yarn thing. :teehee:)

Doublereeder2
12-09-2007, 04:46 PM
I am in the middle of knitting more of the Fiber Trends adult-size felted clogs for gifts and cannot find the insert to my pattern that contains the instructions for the cuff. I have purchased this pattern at least twice and I'm wondering if anyone would want to share just the insert instructions with me via email??

Thanks in advance.
Yours in stitches,
Rowena

I PM'd you.

Lady Violet
12-09-2007, 07:21 PM
wow. i just remembered i still have to get the actual pattern. yep, it's been one of those days. :teehee:

one more question, and then i'll be ready to start once this week's must-knits are out of the way. what length circs are you guys using? i have a 29", but i need to figure out what dead project it's hiding in.

1to1
12-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Lady Violet, The pattern calls for Size 13 in lengths of 24" and 16". I've been using 2-24" circs and then Size 11-24". Carla

Doublereeder2
12-10-2007, 02:04 PM
My patterns says size 13s 24" circ. Clover makes that exact size. I do not use a smaller one at all (just pick up the stitches with the one I am knitting with.)

Sanibelle
12-11-2007, 05:22 PM
I started my first pair last Saturday - they are done and felted and they turned out great. Now everyone wants a pair for Christmas. I got 2 1/2 more pairs done but 4 1/2 more to get done. I have to have 1 1/2 more by Tuesday, 1 by next Frday and the rest for Christmas Eve. Then my mom saw a picture of them and she wants a pair and my dad who has NEVER wanted me to knit for him saw them and wants a pair too. At least they will wait till January for theirs.

I do love this pattern... they are so cool to make and when you take them out of the washing machine and see them for the first time... WOW!

Sanibelle
12-11-2007, 05:25 PM
one more question, and then i'll be ready to start once this week's must-knits are out of the way. what length circs are you guys using? i have a 29", but i need to figure out what dead project it's hiding in.
The first pair I did on 24" size 13 needles and then switched over to the 16 inch needles. The last 2 pairs that I made I found that I could get by with just the 24" needle.

JamOKnit
12-19-2007, 09:56 AM
OK, with 6 days to go, I've got 2 pairs of clogs done except for the second soles, which I am finishing at about a rate of one per night. So hopefully with time this weekend, I can finish them all! I think I am going to gift them unfelted and then we can customize them together.
My sister's pair doesn't have to be done until New Year's Eve, so I haven't even cast on for hers yet!
How is everyone else doing with their Christmas knitting?

1to1
12-19-2007, 02:08 PM
I've forgot to post pictures of my finished Felted Clogs. And I've started another pair for my son. I really liked using Patons Classic Wood Merino so much better than Cascade 220. It felts so much quicker and looks so much nicer.

JamOKnit-I'm sure you'll get them all completed in time. I love this pattern and will probably make more for others throughout the year.

Lady Violet
12-19-2007, 08:24 PM
OK, with 6 days to go, I've got 2 pairs of clogs done except for the second soles, which I am finishing at about a rate of one per night. So hopefully with time this weekend, I can finish them all! I think I am going to gift them unfelted and then we can customize them together.
My sister's pair doesn't have to be done until New Year's Eve, so I haven't even cast on for hers yet!
How is everyone else doing with their Christmas knitting?

ugh. you really want to know? i have to finish the last few rows of a rainy day scarf tonight and block it. i have to have to pairs of wrist warmers done and washed in time to take with me to school/work on friday. (thank goodness i'm doubling worsted yarn on sz. 10.5 and the pattern is basically a garter rectangle seamed up with spots for the thumbs.) i've got to start and finish a "bed shrug" that is basically a lacey rectangle with the edges seamed together for armholes. this will be in DK weight silk (my first), so i'm actually looking forward to it. then two pairs of naked, unfelted, felted clogs, and i'll be done! well, with the necessities anyway. there's something i'd like to knit for my mom, but she said to do hers last. wow. i just realized she actually does understand the pressure i'm under and she doesn't want to add to my stress. plus she just doesn't really seem to appreciate my handywork like everyone else. and she's an art teacher, too. go figure. so anyways, i'm getting there. :rofl: i was thinking about it on the way home tonight and realized that i've barely started. but i've been planning and re-planning for months. i think i'm going to start next year's christmas knitting in january. :thumbsup:

you asked. :teehee:

1to1, those are gorgeous! :inlove:

JamOKnit
12-20-2007, 10:17 AM
Yikes, LadyViolet!! :) I'll be praying for fast hands for you! Good luck!

Lady Violet
12-20-2007, 07:03 PM
good news. i've come to my senses and decided not to knit the wrist warmers for tomorrow. homemade chocolate sauce is enough. :teehee: i always like to give a lot of things. i guess for me it's quality and quantity. i figure i can do it (knit, cook, buy the perfect presents for people), so why not?
the scarf is done and blocked. i'm going to gauge for the silk thing tonight after i make cookies for my kids at school. it's a good feeling knowing there's nothing i have to start and finish for tomorrow. but i forgot to mention i want to knit a hat to mail my brother. it was going to be done in time to mail two weeks ago (he's on okinawa). then it was going to be done in time to send with his girlfriend who's going over there for christmas. she left yesterday at 6 in the morning. now it's going to be done after everything else is done. i actually did start it, but 3 inches away from decreasing (7 inches into the hat) i discovered there was no way it would fit him. so i've found another pattern to fit his apparent ginormous head. i also wanted to knit his girlfriend some dashings. i kept waiting till the last minute, and i'm actually kind of glad i did. i was debating on the color. her favorite is pink, but i don't have an lys that carries any of the "normal" pink malabrigos - just one that carries one of the brighter ones. so i started (and restarted, and restarted) one in hollyhock. then i just gave up because it was frustrating me to no end and the first was barely started 3 days from when i needed it done. i've heard of people knitting these in a weekend, but for my very first pair i know it will take me longer than that. so anyway, i'm glad i didn't get them done because she went crazy over the target photo card my parents gave her before she even knew what it was. why? because it was pink. almost the same pink as what the lys carries! now i just hope they still have some. oh, and now i get to knit the hollyhock dashings for myself. :thumbsup: now i just need to finish hers before she comes back 2 weeks from now. that shouldn't be too challenging. Crossed Fingers

heykaren
12-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Iīve been wading through this thread ( no ADSL, 4 people here wanting to use the same computer, work, you know... ) I have been DYING to make these and I was LUCKY enough to get the pattern as a gift in the Winter Wonderland swap! (Thanks Momwolf!!! :thumbsup: )

So, I got a girlfriend in the states to go to Michaelīs for me, and she got the wool to my BIL who is coming for Christmas - my wool ought to be here tomorrow!!! Yeah!!!! :woohoo:

Iīm going to make some neckwarmers for her girls, so IĻll have to get off the computer like, now, and get to it!!!!! I canīt wait!!!!!!! IĻm sure IĻll be back with questions..... :wink:

Karen

heykaren
12-22-2007, 09:11 AM
:woohoo:
My wool is here!!!!! My poor BIL had half his suitcase full of stuff for other people ( 3 other people besides me asked for stuff... )
Now, first question, can I do them with size 11 needles? I just realized that I donīt have size 13 circs.

Karen

Sanibelle
12-24-2007, 12:08 PM
I just finished my 7th pair - all Christmas presents. The pattern was crazy to follow for the first one I made, but the more I made the easier it got. By now I think I can make them in my sleep which is a good thing as my mom saw pics of the ones I made and now both she and my day want a pair.

I made some with Cascade 220, some with Lion Brand Wool and some with Patons Wool. I liked the results best with the Cascade and Lion Wool. The Patons was a little fuzzy once it felted. The Cascade and Lion were more like "boiled wool" once they were done, so I do not think I would use the Patons again. Also I made 2 pairs where the tops were made from variegated yarn with a solid sole and cuff. One pair turned out great, the other the pair "pooled" funny so the 2 clogs look like they not match. I am REALLY picky and it drove me crazy, but the person I made them for did not really notice till I pointed it out and she likes "funky stuff" so she loved them....

JamOKnit
01-15-2008, 08:14 PM
At long last, the pics of the Christmas clogs! I made them for my DH, my mom, dad and sister.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/Diana74/Knitting%20projects/clogsforall.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y25/Diana74/Knitting%20projects/feltedclogsforall.jpg

maniago
01-23-2008, 02:33 PM
which of the videos are used for M1?

JamOKnit
01-23-2008, 03:03 PM
When I M1, I pick up the bar between my stitches from the front, so look at the video called M1F or M1L....I think that's the way I did it!

maniago
01-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Thanks! so its not picking up a bar it's wrapping like in the video

maniago
01-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Trust it ends up to fit right? Cast on looks like for a giant x4

JamOKnit
01-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Oh yeah, when you are knitting them they are like elephant shoes. The felting will shrink them down by about half.

Always in stitches
01-24-2008, 11:01 AM
I recently joined KH and absolutely love reading all of your posts.

This is the first that I've heard about knitted clogs. They're really great. Do you wear them outside?

Jeanne :knitting:

Indygirl
01-27-2008, 09:17 PM
Like everyone else, I have been knitting these for all my loved ones. I finally got some made for myself. Here they are. The yarn is cascade 220. I made some with the patons yarn. I like the patons much better.

Toobusy
01-27-2008, 11:36 PM
I seem to crochet and knit tightly. I try so hard to be loose but it's just not happening.

This pattern for the clogs says the gauge is 10 st = 4" on #13 needles. I get 12 st = 4" on 13 needles.

I either need to go up to #15 needles to just keep at the 13 and see what happens.

How important is the gauge on these? Also, is everyone able to get the correct gauge with #13's or am I the only tight "A" knitter around??

greenwitchknitter
01-29-2008, 12:56 AM
My clogs knit up without worrying about gauge, due to the fact that you felt them, the size is made by how much you felt.
Good luck!! they will be beautiful!

yarnbee
01-29-2008, 11:53 PM
I'm a tight knitter and needed size 15 to get gauge. Mine are women's medium and I was very happy with them. I'll try to post a link to the photo:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2326/2143702245_a54dea9235_m.jpg

Indygirl
01-30-2008, 04:46 AM
I'm a tight knitter and needed size 15 to get gauge. Mine are women's medium and I was very happy with them. I'll try to post a link to the photo:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2326/2143702245_a54dea9235_m.jpg Very nice! I like your colors.

knitqueen
02-02-2008, 10:29 PM
I just cast on today for my first pair of clogs....finished rows 1-6 and it says "this completes the sole". Seriously? 6 rows only? Obviously I'm unable to visualize it.

knittingymnast
02-11-2008, 07:52 PM
i cant find a fiber trend clogs pattern. :pout:

Indygirl
02-11-2008, 08:07 PM
i cant find a fiber trend clogs pattern. :pout:
www.fibertrends.com (http://www.fibertrends.com) Here you go. Hope this helps.

knittingymnast
02-11-2008, 08:19 PM
www.fibertrends.com (http://www.fibertrends.com) Here you go. Hope this helps.

thanks!

Hsiaokuo62
09-01-2013, 02:31 PM
I know I am years late, but I want to do these clogs! :inlove: I have wanted to for years and things kept interfering. Now I have enough time before Christmas to make a bunch, hopefully! Where do i get the pattern?

Anybody wanna do a KAL with me for the clogs??

GrumpyGramma
09-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Try the link in the post above yours, #849. I think I saw the pattern there. Have fun. Since wool yarn is a problem for the people I knit for I won't be making them. :sad: Someday I must try felting something.