PDA

View Full Version : Fiber Trend Clogs-2006 and 2007

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Ingrid
08-23-2006, 09:29 AM
Since the other clog thread is sooooo long, and many people have expressed an interest in making them for the first time, I've opened this one and locked the other to responses. This way all new questions can come here, and you don't have to feel compelled to read through thousands responses to find a simple answer.

Clog on!!!

kitkat
08-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Ok, thats it - I gotta get started on these things - surely if I can make a simple sweater I can handle the counting!!! Thanks, Ingrid!

Suzie the Clog-virgin

yarnfreak
08-23-2006, 07:35 PM
:happydance: Thanks Ingrid. All right everybody, let's make it work!

yarnfreak
08-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Okay, on a lark I used KP Palette (in mint and apricot) to make a pair of kids clogs. Yikes! Halfway through the first cycle the things were felted. LOL. I'm not sure how this weight would work for an adult pair, but I like it for the kids.

Andrea
08-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Cute!! And judging by the 5 minute difference in your two posts, I'd say you beat Kelly's record!!! :shock:

Alright everyone, let's get knitting!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

DragonTush
08-23-2006, 10:29 PM
I'm so excited! I finally found a yarn store that had the Clog pattern..they even have the kids pattern (which I'm picking up next weekend).

I'm not sure when I'm going to start these but I want to find some good wool yarn that isn't too pricey.

Any Calgarians/Albertans who knows where to find cheap wool lol?

yarnfreak
08-23-2006, 11:28 PM
Cute!! And judging by the 5 minute difference in your two posts, I'd say you beat Kelly's record!!! :shock:

Alright everyone, let's get knitting!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

LOL Okay, I must confess, these were not made in the 5 minute period. :rofl: They did only really take about a day, though. I was impressed how fast the children's pattern goes. However, I'm about to start a new pair as they don't fit the intended child. :(

Andrea
08-24-2006, 09:08 AM
Too big and you can probably keep on felting.

Or are they too small?
:verysad:

sugarbeth
08-24-2006, 12:53 PM
I've got a couple pair that I just made recently. Knitpicks WOTA in pink and purple for my daughter, brown and blue for my son.

I didn't put a bumper on these ones.

The WOTA felted VERY fast - I would check the size after about 5 minutes.

Pixywhispers
08-24-2006, 01:05 PM
My pattern is on its way! Yeah.

I need to stash bust with these. Can I use Manos? I have a ball and 3/4's of another.

beckyrhae
08-24-2006, 01:41 PM
I just picked this pattern up the other day. I plan on making a few pairs for Christmas presents.

yarnfreak
08-24-2006, 02:03 PM
Too big and you can probably keep on felting.

Or are they too small?
:verysad:

Too small. I stretched and stretched, but they remained small. The bonus is that there is a younger child that can take that pair over.

yarnfreak
08-24-2006, 02:12 PM
My machine felts these things so fast that I have to check on them every two minutes or so. It's crazy! It makes for a fast project, though.

yarnfreak
08-24-2006, 02:19 PM
The finished ones... so far! I did the bumper up on the brown pair and down on the green pair. Now, I need to get to knitting me some more clogs! (Christmas 'requests' are already coming in)

Andrea
08-24-2006, 06:49 PM
Everyone's cloggies are looking great!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

yarnfreak
08-27-2006, 12:19 AM
Okay, I made a pair that did not fit middle child. Sooooo, I made a new pair. Took about 1 day to make.

Nimmie
08-27-2006, 07:17 AM
I love the yarn you used on the second pair! Very cheerful!

Pixywhispers
08-27-2006, 11:56 AM
Those are super cute. Did you dye the yarn yourself?

Andrea
08-27-2006, 09:45 PM
Here's a pair I made for my Felted Clog workshop I hosted for my guild...in Cascade 220

XbelovedXoneX
08-27-2006, 10:39 PM
I really like those colors, Andrea!

yarnfreak
08-28-2006, 12:42 AM
I used one strand of Mint palette and 1 strand of apricot palette together. I also changed up the bumber and the cuff. I thought that they came out well. I actually wasn't sure that these would turn out being as palette is sooooooo thin. Seems to work very well.

yarnfreak
08-28-2006, 12:43 AM
Oh Andrea, purty. :happydance:

elfwynn
08-28-2006, 11:53 PM
I've only finished the first one so far, but I couldn't resist posting that I've finished one clog because I'm very happy to have accomplished that. I've not been knitting for very long (about 9 months or so, I think) and learned some new stitches and new techniques while making this (for example, I had never picked up stitches before). I'm going to work on a birthday present for a friend first, but as soon as I finish that, I'm going to work on the second clog so I can have a complete pair and felt them (I've never felted anything before, so I think I'm going to have to do a trial swatch or something first). Anyway, here's my first clog:

yarnfreak
08-29-2006, 01:11 AM
:cheering: It looks great. Now it needs a friend. lol What colors are those?

Ellen Edwards
08-29-2006, 02:18 AM
Thanks Ingrid--I need this I guess. My first pair was so bad!! My first one was nothing like the last one--and I don't know which was RIGHT!! But I'm willing to try again. I bought enough WOTA to make 2 pairs!!

JamOKnit
08-29-2006, 10:41 AM
Hooray! My clog pattern just came in the mail yesterday so I am totally ready to go! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Oh wait, maybe I need the yarn first....and the proper size needles....and I probably should finish my Christmas gifts first....DRAT!!! :wall:

elfwynn
08-29-2006, 03:31 PM
:cheering: It looks great. Now it needs a friend. lol What colors are those?

Thank you. I hope it won't be lonely for too long.

The colors are WOTA Blue Bonnet and Hyacinth.

yarnfreak
08-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Has anybody made the back higher on these? I want to do this, but I'm afraid that I'll mess it up somehow.

knitknut
08-31-2006, 04:38 PM
Yes, I have put in the two extra rows that the pattern suggests and have also added a couple of short rows in the heel area. It worked just fine and makes for warmer ankles!

yarnfreak
08-31-2006, 04:53 PM
I'll have to give that a try. I always feel like I'm walking out of them.

cookworm
09-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Do the adult sizes knit in about a day? If I can do this in a week, I'd be elatedly happy! :roflhard: I bought the pattern today, and I'll be buying some yarn to go with them soon. So these really aren't so hard? I've been knitting about 2 years, but I'm a big chicken when it comes to trying new things...I've never done a fitted garment before (unless you consider a felted hat a "fitted garment"!) I also bought a darling sweater pattern today for my baby daughter...I don't know what overcame me in the LYS today that I suddenly got the urge to break out of my tubes/triangles/squares/rectangles! :rofl:

Ingrid
09-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Maybe if you knit all day long, you'd get a pair done--the first clog takes the longest, of course, but once you understand how it works, then the next one goes faster. You'd definitely get it done in less than a week.

The biggest trick is just keeping track of where you are in the pattern. You look at the length of some of the rows and want to faint, but they're all shortrows, and you go step-by-step in a logical sequence. The directions are very well written, I think.

yarnfreak
09-02-2006, 05:12 PM
Trust me, if I can do this, you can do this. They knit up quickly, so no worries there. You do need to spend quiet time on the first clog, though. Just so you can let your mind set on the pattern. I'd suggest not really looking ahead in the pattern. You'll flip yourself out. If you just go with the pattern, you'll be fine. I promise.

cookworm
09-02-2006, 09:41 PM
I'm scared! They sound hard! These are so cute, I had to give them a chance. Ingrid, thanks for letting me know that it might not take me one day to do these...it makes me feel better to know that if I don't finish them in one day, I won't be a failure! :teehee:

Although I have some "waste yarn" sitting in my stash that I've had for like 2 years and haven't done anything with, so I figure maybe I'll try to make one pair out of that wool as it's probably just going to go to waste anyway if I don't try to make something out of it. That way if I screw it up too badly it won't be like I paid $10 a skein for yarn, right? :wink:

Do I need to know how to knit socks to do these?

What are short rows? :oops:

Ingrid
09-02-2006, 10:11 PM
You don't have to know how to knit socks to make these.

The short rows are where you knit part of the row, then turn back and knit back for part of the row. It allows for the curved shape. Now don't worry what short rows are or that you haven't done them. The directions are very clear on what 'wrap & turn' is and how to do it.

yarnfreak
09-02-2006, 10:27 PM
I do think that this is one of those patterns where it's almost vital that you mark your place as you go along. I have a magnet board, but a post it will do the trick, too. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Pixywhispers
09-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Cookworm, Yeah go ahead and use your waste yarn. I'm not gona use my favorite on my first pair either.

It's my first time too. Take it slow.

I'll be starting as soon as my pattern comes. :)

humblestumble
09-04-2006, 01:29 AM
I started mine last year and did about one and a half, but I didnt finish sewing up the seam on one of them, nor have I felted them yet, so I plan on finishing them for this winter :) I think the knitting bug is biting me again, and I'm also beginning to realize why I stopped (it really hurts my middle knuckle after a while)

yarnfreak
09-04-2006, 02:29 AM
I never wear slippers, but I can't seem to take these things off. Felt those babies!!

dustinac
09-04-2006, 09:24 AM
I'm waiting on some WOTA and then I'm gonna start my kid's clogs :happydance: I plan on making me a pair after theirs... :cheering:

ETA: I was wondering I have some malabrigo.. that I can't figure out the perfect project for.. its been knitted and frogged so many times its not funny lol... When I first got it I didn't want to felt it but now I'm wondering how it would feel on my cold feet this winter... then I wonder if I want to take the chance of getting my malabrigo dirty this winter walking around in them... :hair: I can't find the perfect project...

anyways could I use Malabrigo for clogs? Would I have to double strand it? I'm not sure I have enough but I'm close... I know Webs says its a heavy worsted but that doesn't help me :wall: TIA for any info :blooby:

Andrea
09-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Ohhhhh malabrigo clogs would be very nice! It's still more worsted than bulky, so still double strand it. And if you don't want dirty malabrigo, maybe use WOTA or Cascade on the soles :shrug:

Pixy and Cook, you can do it! And if you get stuck, we're here for you! :hug:

Debbie
09-04-2006, 05:03 PM
I have typed up the pattern for a women's size medium ... easier to read and mark, without all the other sizes mixed in. I will be happy to share. You would have to have purchased the pattern to use it because it is just row by row without all the instructions included ... larger font, in Word. It is much easier to follow . PM your email and I will be glad to send it! I have made two pair from my typed sheed, so it has been "proffed" ! I am working on the Mens Med ...

dustinac
09-04-2006, 07:31 PM
Ohhhhh malabrigo clogs would be very nice! It's still more worsted than bulky, so still double strand it. And if you don't want dirty malabrigo, maybe use WOTA or Cascade on the soles :shrug:

Pixy and Cook, you can do it! And if you get stuck, we're here for you! :hug:

Thanks Andrea.. I'll have to see if I have enough for a sole or I might just have to walk on my malabrigo clogs.. I'm really thinking I should do this with the velvet grape and then I'll have oceanos for a scarf..

Debbie thats a great idea!! I had made an extra copy of my patterns and marked what I needed this way I'll be ready to start but that would be easier... :cheering:

Andrea
09-05-2006, 12:36 AM
:inlove: Velvet Grape clogs :inlove:

That's only my favorite Mmmmmmmm color :passedout:

Debbie
09-05-2006, 05:40 AM
dustinac ... I scanned my pattern to a word readable document . I changed it from 2 colums to one and went through and corrected the things that didn't "translate" like ! for 1 ... there were only a few. After that, I went through and deleted the sizes that did not belong to the size I needed. I also deleted rows and instructions that I did not need and when it said "repeat row bla bla" I copied and pasted that row.... my pretty pink post it's can just go down line by line without having to re-find my place .. not to mention the LARGER SIZE font :) and white paper . The first time I had to refer to some of the insturctions on the original pattern but once I could "see" the knitting , my "cheat sheet" makes easy.

If anyone is still "scared" ... this pattern is very easy to follow, uses "normal" stitches and gives you a row count very often... if you are off by one stitch you can m1 or k2tog and it won't mess your clog up ... I um... did that a couple of times ! AND ... it is SO amazing how it turns out knitted ... and even more magic when you felt it. I am in awe of the pattern author !!!!

I guess I should get the camera out and take pix ... so y'all will know I really made them :)

dustinac
09-07-2006, 08:52 AM
Andrea, I love this color too of course I haven't seen all the colors in one place before that might be to much for me to handle.. only pictures on the web... :rofl:

Debbie, thank you for the tips on that I'll have to try that next time :blooby:

:tap: still waiting for my KP order... I forgot about labor day that prolly set the order back :verysad:

NinaT
09-07-2006, 10:28 AM
Hey! Just wanted to toss in a little advice. I wanted to remind all the clog newbies that you MUST use 100% wool or they won't work! It would be awful if someone worked really hard to make these and used acrylic!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-07-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm making a pair for my girlfriend's birthday. Since her birthday was yesterday :shock: I was trying to figure out how I couldmake these go faster.

The GREATEST thing I''ve discovered is that I didn't have to go through with a spare needle and pick up stitches on the inside of the cuff and do a 3NBO. Instead, for every stitch, I just lifted the bottom loop from the inside of the cuff up onto the LH needle, and knit it together with the stitch already there, and THEN bound off. It's easier to work than a 3NBO (for me), AND really fast.

Im not sure if this will work for the second sole, but I'm going to try it anyway.

yarnfreak
09-07-2006, 10:41 PM
So you did the bind off as you went? Did I read that right? That would be a hell of a lot easier.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Yep, I did a BO as I went along. It WAS much easier. I think it took me less than 10 minutes for the entire cuff, from the beginning of the round to the bind off.

yarnfreak
09-07-2006, 10:51 PM
I'm going to have to try that! I have a pair for DH, a pair for my friend, and maybe a pair each for my parents and sister to do. Yikes! Anything that makes them go easy will make me happy for sure.

beckyrhae
09-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Hey! I'm jumping in on the clog KAL ... I remembered my best friends daughter has a birthday this weekend, so I figured it was a good time to try my hand at clogs. I finished the first one last night, second one is half way done now.

I used lime green and lemony yellow Cascade 220 and some fun rainbow colored Crystal Palace Fizz for the cuff.

Angelia
09-08-2006, 09:54 AM
Oh Becky, that is adorable!

I'm making 11 pairs of clogs for DH's family for Christmas. Wish me sanity and speed! :oo:

HollyP
09-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Ok that's it I have to go get the kids pattern now! These kids clogs are waaay to cute! I guess I also need find more kids to knit for!
ETA: I just thought of 3 kids I could knit these for. But I don't know what their shoe sizes are :??. Are kids feet pretty much in line with their age? I know it would be easier to just ask their mom what size they wear but I would really like these to be a surprize! Any Moms out there that can help steer me in the right direction size wise? I would like to knit them for a 5 yr old boy, 4yr old girl, and 2yr old girl.

I absolutely love knitting the adult ones. It's magical how all of the sudden they actually look like clogs.

Hilde I did the same thing on my 2nd pair. I felt like I was cheating but it was so much easier!!

Someone asked about making the back higher. I copied this to word so long ago that I don't remember who originally posted this how to on the mega thread. Here are directions on how she did it;
After the joining round, but just before the two extra rounds for the higher heel I: K5, W & T, P10, W&T, K5. This puts you back at the center of the heel to do the next two rounds, but you've added two short rows right at the back of the heel. It works GREAT! and doesn't add any extra bulk around the ankle and instep.

dustinac
09-08-2006, 12:03 PM
:waving: Hey Holly!!

I think most kids are pretty close in size.. My son is 5 but will be 6 soon and he is in a size 1 or 1.5 kids... My little girl is in toddlers 8 or 8.5 ... it has you measure their foot and I can't find my paper with what their inches were.. I just remeasured Roo's and her's is 6" but Isaiah is at school so will have to wait for him.. I'll let ya know..

ebrperk
09-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Hildie it worked great on the sole!!!!!! Thanks for the tip.

yarnfreak
09-08-2006, 01:57 PM
. It works GREAT! and doesn't add any extra bulk around the ankle and instep.[/color]

That's the p;art I was worried about.

earthchick
09-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Dudes, I'm so going to have to do these now. Ya know, when the old thread was 2785 pages long, I was able to avoid it b/c I knew I'd not be able to read it all. But now that there's this new one, well, I'm totally sucked in.

Must. Make. Clogs. :doh:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-08-2006, 03:46 PM
joooooooooooooooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiinnnnnnnn uuuuuuuuusssssssssssss :eyes:

yarnfreak
09-08-2006, 03:49 PM
and I thought I was bad lol :rofl:

seriously COME JOIN THE FUN!!!

beckyrhae
09-08-2006, 10:37 PM
Here they are... all finished and sooooooo cute!!

Again, made with Cascade 220 with Crystal Palace Fizz

yarnfreak
09-08-2006, 10:40 PM
:happydance: :cheering: Those came out soooooo cute!

earthchick
09-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Those are darling!

dustinac
09-09-2006, 08:29 AM
:cheering: those look great!!!

Doublereeder2
09-09-2006, 07:37 PM
Hi All (as she shyly steps into the KAL). :oops:

These clogs are so beautiful I could not resist! Today I started my first pair using Paton's Classic Merino as trial run before using the fantastic pencil roving I just received.

So now I have a silly question - I changed colors and am told to mark the RS - would I maybe just tie a piece of contrasting yarn on the RS of the fabric to designate?

Great thread - I made it through 35 pages of the old one while waiting for my pattern to arrive. Got a few more to go.

Ingrid
09-09-2006, 07:46 PM
I'm not really sure why they say to mark the rs row. It's pretty obvious which side it is. You can just tie a piece of yarn to the stitch if you want.

Doublereeder2
09-09-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm not really sure why they say to mark the rs row. It's pretty obvious which side it is. You can just tie a piece of yarn to the stitch if you want.

Thanks, Ingrid. I thought it was obvious with the color change, but just wanted to see what you "pros" thought.

jmp3775
09-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Hi! I just ordered the pattern for both the adult and child's clogs. Could someone help me out with the yardage I will need? I would like to place an order for WOTA to use for this, and I don't want to wait for the pattern to get here. I am a size 7. I know the pattern states 550-880 yds or something like that, but how much do I need for the main color, and how much for the sole?

Thanks!

Doublereeder2
09-10-2006, 11:35 AM
jmp3775 - The pattern reads: women sm, med, lg (size 6, 8, 10) you will need 550, 600, 650 yds. The sole color - 2/3 of that, the upper color, 1/3.

I can't believe how fast this pattern knits up!! I started both clogs on separate circs yesterday and am ready to seam the outer soles and begin on the inner soles. (I did stay up way too late knitting last night.....)

I think I will be felting will this afternoon :happydance: And now my DH wants a pair too - what fun!

Thanks so much for this KAL!!! The suggestions and experiences have been invaluable - and everyone's photos are sooooooooo cute!!!!

I do have a question please - do you use single or double yarn to seam?

Ingrid
09-10-2006, 11:39 AM
I used single.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-10-2006, 12:20 PM
me too!

Dilly
09-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Im not sure if this will work for the second sole, but I'm going to try it anyway.

Did it work? I'm about to start the second sole. I used your new technique for the cuff, and it was much quicker, and way easier. :cheering:

earthchick
09-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Do any of you put anything on the bottom to make them non-slippery? Last spring I made my boys some little slippers and they were too slippery on our hardwood floors (i.e., the whole house!). I tried dotting some puffy paint on the bottoms but that didn't help much. Do any of you do anything to the bottom of the clogs?

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Well, I haven't gotten to te second sole yet. I did the next sole and then just kept on going making the upper. So after I finish that I'll have 2 bottom soles to make an attach.

I used puffy paint, but I made BIG swirlies and stuff. I don't know how much it helped. We have wood floors and the other pairs I made didn't slip too bad.

Dilly
09-10-2006, 04:54 PM
I've actually answered my own question. I tried it, and it worked. It's so much easier then dealing with two needles. There really is no need to pick up the stitches with a separate needle.

I haven't felted and worn a pair yet, so I can't comment on the slipperiness of them.

Dilly
09-10-2006, 05:37 PM
Here is a picture of my dad's first clog, modeled by my guinea pig BaconBit. There is a bumper on it, but you just can't see it. It's black, like the cuff. You'll notice in the cuff that I picked up the wrong colour of stitch, when binding off, but I'm not too worried. I'm just going to make the second clog to match. Once felted, it will just look like a nice stripe inside. This is made with Snickerdoodle and Coal WOTA. It took exactly 2 balls of the coal WOTA. Literally. I only have scraps left. I wasn't sure if I was even going to be able to finish the last row, and have enough left over to seam the sole together.

Doublereeder2
09-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Here is the unfelted version. I used Paton's Classic Merino in Chestnut Brown and Denim Blue. My DH can't believe it will really felt down to a wearable size - won't he be surprised when he gets home!! :D

A friend advised me to paint some latch hook rug backing on the sole for a non-skid bottom. I'll let you know how that works.

Doublereeder2
09-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Nice clog and model too, babydill! Can't wait to see them finished.

Mine are felted and here they are ~ on to my DH's pair now.

yarnfreak
09-10-2006, 08:41 PM
I want to make some for my parents, but I don't want my Dad falling down their stairs. I'd have to send them halfway across country, so they'd have to go unfelted. I need to figure something out in the way of nonscid surface that they can put on that actually works. I don't need my almost 70 year old parents breaking bones because of me!

jmp3775
09-10-2006, 09:27 PM
Why not order the soles that they have at Knit Picks?

yarnfreak
09-10-2006, 09:29 PM
do they have soles at Knitpicks? wow, I'll have to check that out

earthchick
09-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Doublereeder, your clogs turned out so cute! Was your DH surprised at how much they felted down?

earthchick
09-11-2006, 09:09 AM
I didn't realize KP carried slipper bottoms either, but here they are (http://www.knitpicks.com/tools/itemid_70055/tools_display) (by Fiber Trends). Anyone here tried these on the clogs? (personally, I'm not sure that suede on hardwood floors would really be non-slippery!)

dustinac
09-11-2006, 09:31 AM
babydill~love the clog model so cute!!

Doublereeder2~I like those colors together good job!!

I was searching the web last friday I think and found that some use a product called Jiffy Grip, Plasti Dip, and Grip and Guard.. along with puffy paint for their clogs and socks...

I got my yarn on Sat so hoping to co this afternoon while Roo naps... I remeber reading the first one should be done when you have quiet lol well that won't be till then..

HollyP~ I finally caught up with my son to measure his foot.. so Roo is 2 almost 3 and her foot is 6" and Isaiah is 5 almost 6 and his foot is 7.5" ...

earthchick
09-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Quick question before I order the pattern (yes, I have totally succumbed to this KAL now). To do children's clogs do you have to buy the pattern specifically for children, or does the regular pattern also include children's sizes?

beckyrhae
09-11-2006, 03:39 PM
There are two different patterns. Childrens size and adults.

dustinac
09-11-2006, 04:34 PM
ok so I worked on my little girl's during nap time and got to the part I'm joining the outter soles.. :wall: I'm having trouble getting it to come out like it should... even though my stitch count is right... but I was surprised how fast the clog went esp after looking at the inst.. those short rows rows go fast and then it is a small child's clog too :teehee: prolly after bed time I'll try do join the soles again :cheering:

HollyP
09-11-2006, 10:09 PM
Dustina- Thanks!!

HollyP
09-11-2006, 11:37 PM
Thanks Dustina!!! :muah:
I can't wait to see the ones you are making!!
ETA: Here (http://www.knittingzone.com/mysocks.htm) is an idea to make the bottoms less slippery, scroll to the bottom of the page! I haven't tried it yet but I will be using it on my Mom and Aunts' clogs. I really would hate to have one of them slip, fall,and break something. I can just picture the thank you note now :teehee: Dear Holly , Thank you for the clogs. They are beautiful and so warm. They are especially nice since the hospital doesn't seem to heat the rooms. My hip is healing nicely, I should be up and at them by Summer! Love Aunt Carol :teehee:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-12-2006, 10:48 AM
:roflhard: Holly!!!!

Dustina, what are you having trouble with?

dustinac
09-12-2006, 11:43 AM
well I thought it was where I was trying to attach the 2nd sole with the kids lol but this morning I had a chance to re try it and.. it doesn't look right to me like maybe its upside down or something... when you pick up the sts along the other sole do you join in the round while knitting the sts together :shrug:

ohhh I just took a picture and see what I did but I don't know how.. seems I put it on crooked :roflhard:

I can't get a good photo but the toes on the sole are facing you... the toes on the clog are facing to the side... :wall: :rofl: :roflhard:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Whoa, you did pout it on crooked. I did that with my first pair. You'll have to take it out and re-attach it.

:pout:

dustinac
09-12-2006, 12:14 PM
:pout: its ok.. I just never put it together for some reason that the sole woluld have a toe part.. now I see it so should be easier next time.. :oops: :rofl:

earthchick
09-13-2006, 07:25 AM
For those of you who ordered your pattern online, which place did you use? It may be a few days before I can make it to my LYS so I'm thinking about just going ahead and ordering it (I'd actually be ordering both the adult and the children's ones, so maybe that'll help me justify paying the shipping on such a small order?). Anyway, I usually like to order my patterns from Jimmy Beans Wool b/c their shipping is so darn fast. But they don't carry this pattern. Any place else any of you would recommend?

dustinac
09-13-2006, 08:32 AM
I ordered my from knittingzone.com but when I went there this morning to make sure thats where I got it :teehee: they only had the child's that I could see.. they were super fast though so you might wanna double check...

:happydance: finished my 2nd clog yesterday now I'm doing the first clog's soles again then start my son's :happydance:

ETA: on the General forum (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17863) there is a post about places to order the the clog pattern

Doublereeder2
09-13-2006, 09:51 AM
I ordered mind from www.CrownMountainFarms.com

They were fast and Teyani (one of the owners) is also a knitter.

earthchick
09-13-2006, 08:28 PM
Thanks, y'all! I don't know how I missed that General Forum thread. I ordered both patterns from Angelika's store today, and I already have some yarn in my stash that I can use for some kids' clogs. So I'll soon be ready to go! :happydance:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-13-2006, 09:08 PM
I've had good experience with Patternworks (www.patternworks.com). They have the pattern, slipper bottoms and lots of good felting yarns.

Here's an issue: I've noticed on the RS rows when I do the SSK, that first stitch (the one that makes the slant) looks very loose after the SSK is completed. I haven't had this happen with any other SSKs in other projects. Any ideas on why this is happenening, and how to fix it?

dustinac
09-14-2006, 05:59 PM
:shrug: I'm not sure cause mine is loose too I thought maybe it was from doubling the yarn and size 13 needles...

just gotta attache son's 2nd cuff to 2nd slipper and then I can felt hopefully tonight :happydance:

Doublereeder2
09-15-2006, 10:17 AM
Here's an issue: I've noticed on the RS rows when I do the SSK, that first stitch (the one that makes the slant) looks very loose after the SSK is completed. I haven't had this happen with any other SSKs in other projects. Any ideas on why this is happenening, and how to fix it?

I also think it is because we are doubling the yarn and knitting on huge needles. But when it is felted, it goes away.

I used Plasti Grip spray on the soles yesterday. I found it in clear - so no industrial day-glo orange :oo: I covered the sides of the clogs and sprayed 3 coats and the result is great! No slipping, not hard or sticky, and best of all - invisible! I found it at the local hardware store (not at the big orange box).

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-15-2006, 11:07 AM
I know it goes away... I just dont' like it when my knitting looks sloppy :oops:

Thanks for the tip about the Plasti spray!!! Let us know how it holds up, like with cracking or wearing down, etc.

jmp3775
09-15-2006, 05:15 PM
OK, my pattern came yesterday, so off to Michaels I went to get some Paton's wool (my KP order didnt arrive till today and I was anxious to start). Last night I managed to get 1 sliiper done for my son, minus the outer sole. Finished that up this afternonn, and couldnt wait to do the other before felting. Something just didnt look right about the outer sole, and I wanted to see if it would be OK before I made a second slipper the wrong way.
I guess I didnt do so good with my picking up stitiches to add the second sole! There is a strange little nub hanging off the back of the clog! Would it be easier to just stitch on the outer sole instead of 3 needle bind off, or am I just an idiot? (Oh, and I didnt do 3 needle, I just picked up and K2tog as I went around)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-15-2006, 06:05 PM
Hmmm... a nub huh?? :?? Maybe it's just from weaving the ends in? I don't think it matters.

Doublereeder2
09-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Hildegard v K said:
I know it goes away... I just dont' like it when my knitting looks sloppy
I hear you - I feel the same way about it looking sloppy.

jmp3775
I didnt do 3 needle, I just picked up and K2tog as I went around)
I also just picked up the stitches (for the cuff as well) and knit them together. I didn't have a problem with it .... yet. Hmm, I guess I did do a bit of cosmetic work at the joins, pulling ends together now that I think about it. But no nub.

I am starting Hubby's second clog tonight. Boy oh boy, is the first one HUGE!!!!! :flirt:

Friskums
09-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Yay! Just got my pattern!

But the yarn I got with it to match the stuff I already had is nothing like in the picture. :!!!: :!!!:

So, I emailed them asking about a return or exchange.
It's really going to suck, having to pay shipping to send it back. It wasn't my fault the picture is wrong! :verysad: :verysad:

I suppose it could work together...but it's not the look I was going for.

Oh well... I have until December to get these done.

I just wanted to start. :pout: It's my first time making them and first time felting! :happydance:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-15-2006, 11:30 PM
:yay: but :!!!:

Doublereeder2
09-16-2006, 02:26 PM
In looking at all the fantastic photos of everyones clogs, I have a "duh" question.

The clogs that have mulit-colored uppers - are you knitting 2 different colors together?

The merino at my local craft shop is limited in colors and I want the next pair to be a bit more exciting. I think all the gals in my cooking club will be getting clogs for Xmas - after all, they are a pretty spicy bunch.

Thanks all - I love these clogs and especially this KAL. :muah:

knitaddict
09-16-2006, 06:57 PM
I just *finally* ordered my stuff for this today. :cheering: I picked Knitpicks WOTA in Hyacinth (sp) and Lake Ice Heather. I sure hope they go together!!! :)

yarnfreak
09-17-2006, 03:42 AM
In looking at all the fantastic photos of everyones clogs, I have a "duh" question.

The clogs that have mulit-colored uppers - are you knitting 2 different colors together?

The merino at my local craft shop is limited in colors and I want the next pair to be a bit more exciting. I think all the gals in my cooking club will be getting clogs for Xmas - after all, they are a pretty spicy bunch.

Thanks all - I love these clogs and especially this KAL. :muah:

That's what I did. One strand of one color, one strand of another.

dustinac
09-17-2006, 08:57 AM
Here are my clogs in WOTA Violet and Winter Night... Grass and Coal...

Friskums
09-17-2006, 01:26 PM
I'm letting my test swatch dry right now. The purple is so puuuuuuuurdy. :inlove:

I'll take a pic when it's done.

I decided not to send the yarn back, because after figuring out shipping costs, it just wouldn't be worth it really. I'd get like 2 bucks back. :!!!: :!!!:

Oh well.

I think I'll peruse Knitpick's WOTA and see what they've got instead. I do need other for christmas presents yet... :rofl:

earthchick
09-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Okay so I felted my test swatch this morning, and I'm a little disappointed. I have some Malabrigo in my stash that I really wanted to use for this purpose - it's azul profundo, a wonderful dark blue variegated (with some light blue and almost white in places). I bought some light grey Malabrigo (Polar Morn) for the cuffs and soles. I knit a small swatch last night, in garter stitch. I tried to felt it this morning - put it in a pillowcase (couldn't find my lingerie bag) in the washer with a little Woolmix on hot wash. After 30 minutes (checking every 5 after the first 10), I still wasn't completely happy with how it turned out. I even put it in the dryer to see if that would help. The wrong side felted quite nicely. But the right side I can still see the garter ridges.

Am I doing something wrong? Is it the yarn? (I haven't heard of anyone else having problems with Malabrigo felting) Is it b/c it's garter stitch and not stockinette that I can still see the stitches/ridges? :?? :shrug:

Thoughts? Tips? I really wanted to use this yarn but I hate the idea of using up this Malabrigo and then the things not turning out right....

Friskums
09-17-2006, 03:44 PM
I'm having a similiar issue with my first felting experience, except the garter edges felted fine, but the inner stockinette still has lines.
It was in the washer, agitating, for about 45 minutes and it still isn't "solid" like I wanted.

Mine is a no name wool I bought off ebay, so I don't know if it has anything to do with the Malabrigo. :shrug:

Here's the pic:
http://www.ekittie.com/images/knitting/testfeltswatch.jpg
You can kinda see the ridges. If I stretch it at all, then I can see through the fabric. :pout:

earthchick
09-17-2006, 04:13 PM
p.s. Dustina - your clog look FANTASTIC! :cheering:

dustinac
09-17-2006, 05:24 PM
Thank you!!

I was going to use malabrigo on my pair but haven't done it yet or did a test swatch for it.. I know some have made Lucy bags and they are felted but prolly St St.. so I'm not sure...

jmp3775
09-18-2006, 09:22 AM
Don't know about the Malabrigio, but on the other thread there was someone who had to keep her clogs in the washer for something like 3 hours! I don't remember what yarn it was, but it wasnt WoTA or Patons. Maybe it was the Malabrigio. Try taking a look there. It would be somewhere towards the beginning of the thread (first 30 pages?). I would look for you, but gotta get the 2 year old out the door! Hope that helps!

By the way, I made a pair of child clogs in Patons (on sale for 3.77 this week at Michaels) and it was done felting in less than 10 minutes. With the sale price, it is actually cheaper than WoTA, just less color selection.

earthchick
09-18-2006, 10:06 AM
Thanks, jmp. I have been steadily making my way through the old thread and I think you're talking about Julie. I can't remember the yarn either (it wasn't Malabrigo, though), but I think the problem may have been that it was cream-colored which often doesn't felt.

Anyway, I decided the Malabrigo was too yummy to felt and am now making scrunchable scarves with it. I've ordered some WOTA in a couple of the new colors (as if my stash isn't already bursting with WOTA in about 8 different colors....). Can't wait to start my cloggies!

CarmenIbanez
09-18-2006, 11:39 AM
Yeah. I just really think WOTA and Cascade 220 are the best felters that I have used. That is not to say that there aren't better, or others, it's just that I really like the way the two felt. Plus, you can buy Cascade 220 on Amazon, which I really like, because I get gift certificates alot. :-)

yarnfreak
09-18-2006, 12:45 PM
I swear, sometimes felting results totally depend on if you made a sacrifice to the yarn gods. :teehee: It seems very random. Most of my felted things come out great, but I've had stuff take forever - using the same yarn, from the same ball!! It's crazy, I tell ya.

CarmenIbanez
09-18-2006, 01:31 PM
On that point, I totally agree with you. Of course a sacrifice to the yarn gods is never a bad idea!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-18-2006, 03:13 PM
With felting, too, it depends on how defined the stitches are before you put it in the washer.... if you knit tightly, or even if the stitches are slightly well defined the fibers don't have a lot of wiggle roomto rub against each other. The mmmmm might work better if you use a looser gauge.... maybe go up a needle size, and see how that works.

Doublereeder2
09-19-2006, 03:39 PM
Ooooooooooh - Dustina - great colors!!

He wanted matching clogs and I was happy to oblige! Here are DH's size 11s before felting next to my little size 6 felted ones:

yarnfreak
09-19-2006, 04:33 PM
LOL That always cracks me up! They look great :cheering:

dustinac
09-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Thank you!! Those look great!!! I'm going to get me some wool tonight for mine I think... not gonna try my malabrigo that I have left :rofl:

I love yours turned out wonderful!! My dh said no he didn't want a pair :verysad: :teehee:

yarnfreak
09-19-2006, 04:54 PM
I love yours turned out wonderful!! My dh said no he didn't want a pair :verysad: :teehee:

He will, just watch!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-19-2006, 04:55 PM
It's been REALLY chilly here the last few nights, and supposed to get down to 38 tonight! DH has icicle toe syndrome, and when he got into bed last night I said "holy crap! I'd better get started on your slippers!" (he hates the word 'clog')... and HE says "yeah, and make it snappy!!!!!!" I was like :hmm:

Double Reeder that pic is hilarious!

yarnfreak
09-19-2006, 05:12 PM
I should start some for DH. I can't felt them until he gets home, though. He's got weird feet. :rofl:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-19-2006, 08:25 PM
wierd like how???

and you know what they say about a man's foor size.... :eyebrow:

Doublereeder2
09-19-2006, 08:29 PM
Okay, y'all - I need some advice please from you experts :notworthy: :

If you are making these fantabulous clogs for others, how do you judge the felting size? Do you use a basic measurement of the inches of the shoe size and then measure the clogs in inches as you are felting? :??

wierd like how???

and you know what they say about a man's foot size....

(I was thinking that very same question....)

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-19-2006, 10:58 PM
You could give them unfelted with directions on how to felt. OR just guess. I guessed with my mom's clogs, and they ended up being a bit too small, so we soaked them for several hours in water and streched them; now they're fine!

dustinac
09-20-2006, 08:52 AM
I wondered about that too.. cause I thought the grandmothers would like them for Christmas... I did measure my kids while felting and they turned out fitting them pretty good.. only problem I had to work with was making them wide at the toe part..

didn't get to go out for wool last night the evening slipped by me.. hopefully this weekend I can.. although If I pieced together all my WOTA scraps from other projects I'd prolly have enough :rofl: just don't know what they would look like... :teehee:

I doubt dh will ask for them.. he isn't really into knitwear like sweaters and he never wears slippers soooo.... just me and the kids will be sylin' LOL

jhelanee
09-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Well you finally all convinced me - I bought the pattern at my LYS last night. But I don't have yarn yet, nor funds to get any. :verysad: So my clog making adventure is on hold for a bit. But at least I have the pattern. :wink:

shore--alpaca
09-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Where can you get the clog pattern? Does anyone have it I could copy? ????? or??????

yarnfreak
09-20-2006, 06:07 PM
wierd like how???

He's real wide at the toes, and reeeeeeealy narrow at the heal. He's got monkey toes, too. They're really long. Overall, it makes it hard to just guess. Hell, we've had sock not fit because of his feet. LOL

yarnfreak
09-20-2006, 06:09 PM

:flirt: yes, yes I do.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Where can you get the clog pattern? Does anyone have it I could copy? ????? or??????

Shore Alpaca, since it's not a free patten, it would be illegal for any of us to copy it for you. The pattern is only 5 dollars, you can do a websearch for retailers (at Google (www.google.com) or yahoo (www.yahoo.com)), or check your LYS.

shore--alpaca
09-20-2006, 08:08 PM
oh it would be illegal lol. (seriously?)

Angelia
09-20-2006, 08:31 PM
Oh yes! Very illegal!

Dustina, re sizing for others: I'm in the same spot. I'm knitting eleven pair for dh's family for Christmas. (So far I have one clog done...I still have time...:shifty: )

Anyway, I'm felting these myself so that I don't have to explain how to do it. I'm in the process of getting everyone's shoe size, and then using this guide (http://www.softmoc.com/us/shoesize.asp) during the felting process. I'm going to go up probaby half an inch or so when the clogs are wet to account for any shrinkage during drying. The measurements are accurate--I wear a 9.5, and my foot is a little over 10 inches long. I hope the guide is useful to you!

dustinac
09-21-2006, 09:33 AM
:happydance: thank you Angleia for that chart.. I could even use that with socks too... I had knitted me a pair of the tropical socks and thought they would be good stocking stuffers but again didn't know how to go about it for gifts.. gonna print that out :blooby:

:teehee: I'm not suppose to be knitting for anyone for Christmas.. but I keep making a secret list just haven't started on it...

I'm sure you will get them all done!! I do my best knitting the night before its gifted :rofl: :roflhard:

Angelia
09-21-2006, 11:43 AM
Glad the chart helps!! :hug: I like that it has European sizes, as well--very handy for many of us!

I'm sure you will get them all done!! I do my best knitting the night before its gifted :rofl: :roflhard:

Oh dear...I hope I'm not trying to knit and felt 11 pair of clogs on Christmas Eve! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Note to self: buy more fans

beckyrhae
09-22-2006, 11:54 PM
Well I'm somewhat disappointed in this pair of clogs. They felted nicely, but I guess I didnt tie the cuff off well at all because it came loose on BOTH of them.

I was going to give this pair to Charlotte that works at the LYS and is such a lovely lady. She has arthritis so bad that she cant knit her own clogs :verysad: So I offered to make her a pair. Hopefully I can save these.

I used cascade 220 and andes ... the fuzzy is some crystal palace stuff. I think I'm over that bit of it too... just normal clogs for now on. (Maybe thats part of my problem with the cuff... )

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-23-2006, 12:17 AM
I like them!!! I think the colors you chose are great, and the furry stuff matches the wool nicely!

My clogs came apart at the heel/cuff join the first time I made them. Now, I really really REALLy reienforce that area, especially since that's the place where all the yarn is joined and it's loose. I don't follow the stitches or anything, I just weave the yarn in and out all over; you can't tell when it's felted.

earthchick
09-23-2006, 01:45 PM
Just checking in to say that my yarn came today (WOTA in the new heathered colors, Lake Ice and Arctic Pool), so I'm all set to CO. :happydance:

Doublereeder2
09-24-2006, 11:04 AM
beckyrhae - They look great. I bet you can secure the ends and no-one will ever know!

Angelia - Thanks so much for that chart! That was exactly the info I needed :muah:

Here is one of my clogs knit with pencil roving:

earthchick
09-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Oooh, love it! What pretty colors.

I CO last night for my very first clog. I haven't had much time to work on them, but am now at the point of seaming the inner sole of the first one and then doing the bumper (I'm doing the children's clog, size small). I :heart: :heart: :heart: this pattern! It is so fun, and so clever. I finally understand the addiction.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-24-2006, 07:43 PM
Omg Stacey, I forgot that you said this was your very first pair!!!!!! :cheering:

DR, looks GREAT!!!!

Pixywhispers
09-24-2006, 08:10 PM
My pattern is at my lys waiting to be sent with some yarn that is on back order!

But I've got plenty to keep me busy.

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: for all the first timers! We got some good looking clogs!

beckyrhae
09-24-2006, 10:50 PM
beckyrhae - They look great. I bet you can secure the ends and no-one will ever know!

Well I did just that, I was able to sew it and they went home with their new owner yesterday. (They were still damp, she figured she could make them fit perfectly if she wore them wet... LOL Not a bad idea really...)

Eloewien
09-24-2006, 11:21 PM
I've done that when a pair has felted a little too much-- give them to their new owner wet... then they get a very custom pair- fitted exactly to them!!

Laura

dustinac
09-25-2006, 08:37 AM
:rofl: Angelia that prolly would be me... dh sitting up doing presents for the kids me knitting and felting :oops:

beckyrhae~I love those colors together.. that is a good idea...

doublereeder~I love those too... the colors are wonderful...

Stacey ~ they are fun and addictive :rofl:

well I gotta finish a scarf up for my son and then hopefully I'll be ready to start on my own...

earthchick
09-25-2006, 09:05 AM
tee hee - I love these little things. I can't wait to start felting, but I need to finish three more slippers before I can do that.

Here's my first clog - a child's small in WOTA Lake Ice and Arctic Pool. The second pair will be the same colors in the reverse combination.

Angelia
09-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Lovely lovelies!!

I've still only got one clog done out of 22. Technically that one isn't really finished since I have to seam the soles and tighten up the back. :pout:

CarmenIbanez
09-25-2006, 12:55 PM
I have about 10 pairs to do also. I have fully complete one pair and I have 1 other clog done. I am such a last minute kinda girl!

Angelia
09-25-2006, 02:01 PM
Are you knitting yours for Christmas gifts, too?

An re last minute--the line in your sig says it all! :rofl: :rofl:

CarmenIbanez
09-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Yes I am doing them for christmas so I totally have TONS of time, right?

:teehee:

earthchick
09-26-2006, 09:00 AM
My first pair of cloggies is felted and drying! :happydance: I am *so* happy with these and can't wait to start the next pair (I was so eager to felt that I couldn't wait till I finished a second pair). Pics later today.

CarmenIbanez
09-26-2006, 11:31 AM
YAY :cheering: Can't wait to see them.

Angelia
09-26-2006, 12:01 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Pics!!! Can't wait!

Oh yeah...tons of time left to knit 20 clogs... :rofl: :rofl: So you'll start on about Dec. 23? :teehee:

earthchick
09-26-2006, 02:23 PM
Here they are - my first little clogs. :happydance:

CarmenIbanez
09-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Those are awesome!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-26-2006, 03:11 PM
:cheering:

Pixywhispers
09-26-2006, 04:07 PM
Oh he is so cute! And the clogs! Adorable!

yarnfreak
09-26-2006, 05:40 PM
Did anybody ever figure out how many of these you can felt at the same time?

CarmenIbanez
09-26-2006, 05:46 PM
Hopefully 11 pairs. In one hour. On Christmas Eve. AAAAHAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-26-2006, 06:05 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Angelia
09-26-2006, 10:30 PM
The clogs are gorgeous! And Rob looks adorable in them!! :muah:

Hopefully 11 pairs. In one hour. On Christmas Eve. AAAAHAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

You and I are going to have so much fun this holiday season! :rofl:

Andrea
09-27-2006, 05:35 AM
Oh little itty bitty clogs!!!!!!!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

dustinac
09-27-2006, 08:34 AM
:cheering: I love the clogs and he is sooo cute!!!

Doublereeder2
09-27-2006, 10:52 AM
I love those itty bitty kiddy clogs! Wish I had a little person to knit them for.
I guess I'll knit big ones for we big feet people:

Pixywhispers
09-27-2006, 12:47 PM
:heart:

So pretty!

Marni
09-28-2006, 08:39 AM
Has anyone attempted a high ankle height version of these? My brother would just die if we had a felting party while he's in town for Christmas. Knowing him as well as I do, I know that he likes his slippers/footies to come up higher.

Thanks!

knitknut
10-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Everyone's clogs look so great! I, too, will be making about a dozen before Christmas. :help: I have a question or two.

Has anyone actually seen the new heathered WOTA colors? Like on a sample card, maybe. They look really pretty, but I'm not sure which solids would co-ordinate with them. Any advice?

Also, for those that have used eyelash type yarn to fuzzify the cuffs - do you use multiple strands? :shrug:

And, lastly, I'm making some itty bitty clogs for my nieces daughters who are 1 1/2 and 3 1/4. They don't live near me so I need a little help with the sizes. I made an extra small just to see how small it was. What a crack-up!! But it looks too big for a 1 1/2 year old. Thought about making the same pattern but using one strand and size 10 or 11 needles. What do you think? Has anyone else tried it?

Thanks!!

beckyrhae
10-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Also, for those that have used eyelash type yarn to fuzzify the cuffs - do you use multiple strands? :shrug:

Thanks!!

It would depend how dense the eyelash is. On the yellow clogs I doubled the yarn. On the pink ones I used it single strand.

earthchick
10-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Thanks for all the sweet comments about my little clogs. I'm almost done with my second pair but haven't had much time to work on them due to mass busyness as home and work.

doublereeder and beckyrhae, your clogs look great!

knitknut, I did my clogs in two of the new heathered colors of WOTA - Polar Lake and Arctic Ice (the denim-ish blue and the grey). You can go back a page and see the before and afters. I like the colors.

I think the XS would probably do fine for a 1 1/2 year old. My boys are 2 1/2 and are wearing the S. I think doing one strand on size 10s or 11s would result in a clog too tiny for a child that age.

dustinac
10-03-2006, 09:43 AM
:cheering: pretty clogs!!!

I'm still waiting to CO to mine... have a baby due in the family early Dec and its a boy :cheering: .. well I won't be home till after Christmas so mom is coming up this month so I gotta get the baby's things done so she can take them back with her..

soon I hope I have clogged feet cause my feet stay cold in the winter months...

brodster
10-04-2006, 01:44 PM
I saw a finished pair of these at my lys yesterday; jumped online today to find out the F factor after I read the pattern and my eyes bugged out of my head.

I THINK I CAN DO THIS! Thanks for the inspiration.

Has anyone used http://www.kraemeryarns.com/yarn/mauchchunky.asp

to make these?

TIA!

Meredith

DotMom61
10-05-2006, 05:41 PM
:noway:

I have NOT been paying attention! This thread has grown to 12 pages since the last time I looked!

I am hoping to make at least a few pairs of these for Christmas -- just not sure who I want to make them for yet. I guess I'd better get crackin'!

iwouldratherbeknitting
10-06-2006, 08:34 PM
A question for those using WOOL of the Andes yarn.. How many skeins of the main color and contrast color did you need to knit a womens size medium? I wear a size 8 USA shoe size. I have some yarn and wanted to see if I could knit w/ what I already have without having to buy more.

All the felted clogs are so beautiful- I want to knit myself a pair.

Thanks.

ameschwitz
10-08-2006, 01:58 PM
Hi All,
My name is Allison and I am a knitaholic.

I learned to knit so I could make these clogs...REALLY! I started lknitting ast January and since I have two sweaters under my belt, I think I'm ready.

First I'd like to say thanks to all those who have gone before me. Your tips will be noted. You all crack me up so much, I had to join in.

Second, can I ask if anyone has used Paton's Classic Merino Wool, did you do a test swatch? I'm using two strands and size 15 needles and it is still < 4" before felting. Should I go buy bigger needles? :shrug:

Thanks for any input! I can't wait to get going on these, everyone's pictures are so purdy! :drool:

Allison

Lisa Kay
10-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Wow! These are definitely going on my "to do" list. They all look great!

Doublereeder2
10-10-2006, 12:19 AM
Second, can I ask if anyone has used Paton's Classic Merino Wool, did you do a test swatch? I'm using two strands and size 15 needles and it is still < 4" before felting. Should I go buy bigger needles?

Hmmmm Allison- I used Paton's Merino doubled and #13. I am a loose knitter, though. And no, :fingerwag: I didn't swatch. Mine turned out fine anyway.

I learned to knit so I could make these clogs...REALLY! I started lknitting ast January and since I have two sweaters under my belt, I think I'm ready.

I learned to knit so I could knit socks. Seven pairs later I am in the middle of my first cardigan. Wow - 2 sweaters! You Go Girl! These clogs will be so easy peasey after sweaters.

ameschwitz
10-10-2006, 08:39 AM
Hi Cloggers!

I just finished felting my first clog! I was too afraid that it wouldn't shrink down enough for my size 7's, so I couldn't wait to make the 2nd one! It turned out fine. :happydance:

-Allison

Friskums
10-12-2006, 07:40 PM
Finally got all my yarn. I'm so casting on for these tonight!

ameschwitz
10-14-2006, 10:41 AM
Hello fellow cloggers,

I finished my first pair of clogs a 3 days ago. How long can I expect for them to get fully dried? I know I could probably speed up the process with a fan, but was just wondering. THanks!

Allison

SandraEllen
10-14-2006, 07:59 PM
UGH!!!! I'm so frustrated. i started my first clog today and after frogging in the middle of row 2 of the sole (DH made me lose track of where i was) everything was going perfectly.

UNTIL...

I get to the end of the instep.

Do not turn after working row 35 (womens medium). This row will end at the beginning of round marker (heel).

Mine didn't. I have an extra 2 stitches.

How did this happen????? I counted my decreases on the top of the foot and i have the number called for. I just don't know what i did.

The only thing that i can think of is that i didn't count stitches on my needle when it called out the count in the pattern.

If i manage make my other clog correctly, will it turn out similar enough to this screwed up one?

kaidyddd
10-15-2006, 01:45 AM
When you felt the clogs, do you toss both of them into one pillowcase in the washer or should they each have their own separate pillowcase?

Thanks,

Kaidy

dustinac
10-15-2006, 09:41 AM
:cheering: clogs look great!!!

Allison, mine took awhile to dry so I finally had to put the fan on them.. I'm not sure what the norm is for them drying but I was getting afraid they would start to mildew on me :rofl: I even thought of throwing them in the dryer for a bit but the fan on them for a day and night did the trick...

SandraEllen, I haven't started my pair yet only did the kids.. I was hoping to get to them soon... on my son's I had messed up though and had a few extra sts I just k2tog till I got the right amt :oops: the 2nd was no problems and after felting I can't see a difference...

Kaidy, I wasn't sure about this either I had to felt some bags while I was working on the clogs and I did them seprate... but the clogs I threw in the same bag and I had no problems...

elfwynn
10-15-2006, 10:45 AM
I posted a while back about my first clog being finished, but I've been really busy with school and hadn't had a chance to finish the second one in the pair. So I took some time to finish them last weekend and felted them and I think they came out great! (They were a little too big after wearing them for two days, so I popped them in the washing machine for another 5 minutes and I think they're just about perfect now, though still a little damp.)

Now I plan to make pairs for my mom, sister, and niece for Christmas. These knit pretty quickly, but I just have to find the time to do them! (Along with the other gifts that I'm working on plus the things I'm trying to make for myself!)

JaniceIA
10-17-2006, 09:12 AM
Ok, I am a newbie to this forum and have had a bit of trouble with double posting etc.. etc.. Here are my first two pair of clogs. I am an addict and see MANY more of these in my future.

I do wonder about if it is possible to turn my knitting when doing the upper cuff after the first row so I can knit the 5 rows instead of purling them?? Anybody ever tried that. Good point on it being 'purling practice'... I can resign myself to that :wink:

dustinac
10-17-2006, 09:20 AM
:cheering: elfwynn and Janice your clogs look great!! I like the pink and gray together :happydance:

I'm not sure if that would work or not turning and knitting the upper cuff :shrug: so I'm not much help on that :teehee: I'm not a fast purler either but that is one way to get practice at becoming faster :cheering:

ameschwitz
10-18-2006, 09:16 AM
Is it just me or did the price of the Fiber Trends suede slipper soles go up in price lately? I feel like they are taking advantage of our zeal for making their felted clogs!

Allison

CarmenIbanez
10-18-2006, 03:05 PM
UGH!!!! I'm so frustrated. i started my first clog today and after frogging in the middle of row 2 of the sole (DH made me lose track of where i was) everything was going perfectly.

UNTIL...

I get to the end of the instep.

Do not turn after working row 35 (womens medium). This row will end at the beginning of round marker (heel).

Mine didn't. I have an extra 2 stitches.

How did this happen????? I counted my decreases on the top of the foot and i have the number called for. I just don't know what i did.

The only thing that i can think of is that i didn't count stitches on my needle when it called out the count in the pattern.

If i manage make my other clog correctly, will it turn out similar enough to this screwed up one?

I just finished a clog and I had a similar problem. I was supposed to knit 3 and that would take me to the end of the round. But it didn't. In fact I only had room to knit 2 before getting to the end of the round. If the rest of the clog looks pretty good (no glaring irregularities) I think it will be fine.

JaniceIA
10-18-2006, 10:44 PM
I have to tell you, on the first clog I made I had a MAJOR error... There was a whole section that was purled on the right side; and I had kind of 'cheated' and just made my rows come out.... Pre-felted, the two clogs looked different, but had the same basic shape. I was banking on the 'forgiveness' factor of felting... (I also knew that if it came out really bad, I could just make another to go with the good one....) But, just as I had hoped, felting covers a multitude of problems. No, they are not 'perfect' but they fit and feel great. I like to think of my 'mistakes' as 'character'..... (You can see the clogs a few posts up.. they are the blue/brown ones)

So, my point is, even if you are a stitch or two off, just fudge a bit and carry on.. chances are pretty good it will all come out in the wash!

KnittyKitty
10-20-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm officially on the clogs bandwagon! Thing is, I am using WOTA and it says you have to knit double stranded. I've never done this before, so how exactly do you go about doing that? Would you use two skeins at once, put them together and knit with it like it was one strand? :shifty:
I am making a pair for my nephew for Christmas and would love to start tonight!
Thanks!

ameschwitz
10-20-2006, 10:20 PM
KnittyKitty,

That is exactly what you do! It is easier than it sounds. And if you only have one ball of one color and need to double strand, you can make a ball out of half of it, cut, and then use them together. Good luck, you'll have fun once you get the hang of the pattern.
PS: A sticky note helps keep your place in the pattern.
Allison

1 pair down, ???to go.

KnittyKitty
10-20-2006, 10:25 PM
Thank you Ameschwitz! :muah: I was little nervous asking as it seemed like such an obvious answer and I wasn't sure... thanks for the tip too! I will definitely do that!
Thanks again!

Lisa

Sooze
10-21-2006, 02:40 AM
I am a newcomer, and have skimmed all 13 pages here (have not yet looked for the first thread, so forgive me, can anyone lead me in the direction of an (adult) pattern? Love these! They are beeuutiful!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,(after skimming several thousand more pages) realised this is an OLD topic..well, I am late..anyway, I get that I need 2/3 one color, and 1/2 another color yarn...for the rest, I am still lost, and need to buy yarn tomorrow, and worry about pattern later (I guess) Sorry for beating a dead horse, but CLOGS are BRAND NEW to me! So I am excited...thank you all, and apologies...
Suze

JaniceIA
10-21-2006, 09:25 AM
Suze,
This topic may have been around awhile, but there are always new people jumping on the clog bandwagon :lol: So... Welcome! I have only made two pair so far, but see many more in my future. I purchased my pattern at my LYS.. but if you google Fiber Trend Clog Pattern.. you will find several sources that carry the pattern. After you buy the pattern, I have found it helpful to make a lighter copy and blacken out the size numbers I WON'T be using and underline or circle the size I am on. I like the idea of the sticky note to keep your place as you go. I have used one of the magnet boards and put the pattern on it and then followed it line by line with the straight magnet. (I found this in the cross-stitch section at Hobby Lobby). The first time through takes some concentration.. but WELL worth your effort!!
Keep us posted how you're coming along.

KnittyKitty
10-21-2006, 09:36 AM
Ok, I need a little help. It says:

With wrong sides together (purl side out), fold the cuff so that the two needles are together and hold both needles in your left hand.

Ok, the part about with wrong sides together (purl side out) I just can't picture this. When they say purl side out do they mean rows 2,3,4 and 5 that were done in purl? I'm picturing the cuff would be these 4 rows with the purl side facing out forming the cuff itself... ?

Thanks.

KnittyKitty
10-21-2006, 09:42 AM
Ok, figured it out myself. Thanks!

JaniceIA
10-21-2006, 09:53 AM
KnittyKitty,
Sounds like you are doing great! The first time through the pattern I kept wondering how this was going to work... but it just does! Next time around will be MUCH easier! I do often wonder who was able to come up with such a pattern!!

Friskums
10-21-2006, 02:18 PM
I finished one! Ok, so I finished and felted the one last weekend, but I just got around to finishing the second and taking pics.

http://www.ekittie.com/images/knitting/clogstop.jpg
http://www.ekittie.com/images/knitting/clogsfront.jpg
http://www.ekittie.com/images/knitting/unfeltedcloseup.jpg
http://www.ekittie.com/images/knitting/feltedcloseup.jpg

I'm making another pair as well. Same purple, but this time using a pretty blue for the sole/cuff.

The pink (and blue) is Knitpicks WOTA. The purple is some wool I got on ebay months ago and didn't know what to do with.

Sooze
10-21-2006, 04:06 PM
I am off to buy yarn for them now...Soo, for an adult woman's pair (about a size 9) I need 3 skeins of one color and 2 skens of another? That seems like a lot of yarn...Am I wrong?
Thanks
By the way, those are BEAUTIFUL! Clogs~ love the purply pink!
Suze

CarmenIbanez
10-21-2006, 04:57 PM
You are not wrong. It IS a lot of yarn. But they knit up great, and are easy to do and make terrific gifts. I figured out once that not counting my time, they cost about $12-15 a pair to make. For a handmade gift, that is pretty cheap, yes?

Andrea
10-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Friskums, they're beautiful!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Sooze
10-22-2006, 12:32 AM
You are not wrong. It IS a lot of yarn. But they knit up great, and are easy to do and make terrific gifts. I figured out once that not counting my time, they cost about $12-15 a pair to make. For a handmade gift, that is pretty cheap, yes?

Where ARE you buying your yarn? My sale yarn at Michaels for their best wool yarn to shrink (for the clogs) cost $20 (5 skeins) ~I haven't paid that much for shoes (or socks) in years (perhaps never) And that's counting your time??? I am going to hire YOU to do all my gifts this year! Haha, what's your secret? really, I want to know! Love it!
I am more than frugal, I am a tightwad~

humblestumble
10-22-2006, 01:04 AM
i'd like to know too :?? Do you get the yarn on sale?

I'm wondering if I should find a sale and get some yarn to make my brother some. He said he wanted houseslippers for Christmas this year. Hmm..

I'm also thinking I might need another skein than called for because I might be out of my contrast color soon for the sole and cuff. But before I know that, I need to start knitting mine again. I don't know HOW I am going to find my place. I left them last year, so they've been sitting there since LAST winter.

go get your smock
10-22-2006, 09:51 AM
Okay, okay! I'll make a pair, too! I'll feel culturally isolated until I do! :pout:

If I buy the adult pattern, can I make a pair small enough for my 10yo? He wears about a size 4.

Doublereeder2
10-22-2006, 09:55 AM
Friskums - great colors! Sweet clogs.

(Typing with mine on my feet right now!)

CarmenIbanez
10-22-2006, 05:19 PM
I use WOTA. It's 1.99 a skein, I use about 6-8 skeins for a pair, you know give or take, on average. That comes out to $12 - 16 per pair. Plus it comes in all sorts of colors, and if you spend $40 at knitpicks, its free shipping.

KnittyKitty
10-22-2006, 05:28 PM
Ok guys, I really am stuck now. Can someone walk me through the "to join with a bumper" part? I am not sure how to position these bits and which part is the outer sole and which is the outside of the slipper sole... and how I will do it like I did the cuff?

Thanks alot!

JaniceIA
10-22-2006, 09:21 PM
This is a little tricky... you want to position your two sets of needles so that when you stitch them together and do the extra 'bumper' row it will be on the OUTSIDE of the sole that is not stitched together yet when you bring it together to stitch. (is that as clear as mud? you don't want to close that sole over your row of stitching) I think it will make sense as you go along...

Sooze
10-23-2006, 02:54 AM
But I will stand outside a dumpster on a blustery day, before I pay $5 for this (or any other) pattern. Knowledge/instruction/information should be plentiful, free, and freely shared.... :wall:

CarmenIbanez
10-23-2006, 11:37 AM
But I will stand outside a dumpster on a blustery day, before I pay $5 for this (or any other) pattern. Knowledge/instruction/information should be plentiful, free, and freely shared.... :wall:

What about art? If you think about it, the creation of a pattern is no different than the creation of a painting, a song or play. It is art in its own way and the people who create it need to be compensated in order for them to be able to create more art. Artists deserve to be compensated as much as anyone else who does a job for a living.

In terms of free instruction, that is what this site is all about! You can learn a million things about how to knit on this site absolutely free! The knowledge is free, the art we should pay for.

ameschwitz
10-23-2006, 12:52 PM
Hi Cloggers and Wannabees, :waving:

Someone was asking about yarn cost. I used Patons Classic Merino for a pair of Women's size 7-ish. I bought 3 skeins, 4$ each and had a good amount left over. While the color choice wasn't as great at my store, I didn't have to pay shipping. I do like the Knitpicks wool, though, so many colors....so little time! :lol:

Allison

KnittyKitty
10-23-2006, 01:53 PM
Thanks for trying to help Janice... I still don't get it. When I put the two needles together and knit them together, the bottom piece of the sole that I attach would be hanging free (can you picture what I mean?) Is it that bottom piece that you stitch to where I've just knit the two pieces together?

Thanks.

kaidyddd
10-23-2006, 04:01 PM
I think the answer to your question, Knitty Kitty, is yes. you have just attached the outer edge of the contrasting sole to the outer edge of the clog between the sole and the upper portion, right? As you attached it, you didn't bind off the stitches--so that is where you continue with the live stitches to knit the bumper. The center of the sole is just hanging there, you stitch that together just like you did the inner sole after you knit the bumper on to the outer "rim".

Kaidy

knitaddict
10-23-2006, 04:17 PM
I just finished felting mine and they look great! :cheering: As soon as they've dried I'll take a photo and post it. I did have one little snag, though. When I bought my yarn it was with the intent to have the cuff & sole a light purpley-blue and the rest of it hiacynth (sp), but I ordered backwards. :( I ended up doing the sole/cuff in hiacynth and the rest in the lighter color. They still look nice, just not what I'd pictured in my mind.

I've already told dh that I'm going to make some for his family members. He normally doesn't like me to make anything for them as they are hugely unappreciative, but these were SO easy to make and relatively inexpensive. I certainly couldn't buy something premade for what I paid for these. :)

KnittyKitty
10-23-2006, 05:49 PM
thanks Kaidy - I'll give it a try tonight.

JaniceIA
10-24-2006, 01:07 PM
KnittyKitty,
did you have any luck? Yes... you are going to stitch the outer sole down the center just like you stitched the first sole... so when you attach the two together and don't cast off, you knit another round that will be just like a stick out round of stitching that becomes the bumper (more like a flap bumper than actually joined like the cuff...) One time I stitched it and that row was in the middle when I went to join the center of the outer sole together, so I had to frog back... Hopefully it will make sense once you finish the first one... That's the hardest one!!

KnittyKitty
10-25-2006, 09:02 AM
Hi Jan,

I have done the bumper part but I'm not sure if I did it correctly. The sole has to be sewn down with the back stitch (had to go find out what that was!) I thought this pattern was going to be easy but I underestimated it! The other clog is yet to be cast on... I just have to work up the gusto to do it.

Thanks for all of your help in explaining it to me! :muah:

JaniceIA
10-25-2006, 09:22 AM
The second clog is easier, trust me. And then the second pair was pretty much a piece of cake. I didn't even give my family the evil glare if they talked to me while I was counting because I understood the pattern and could figure out where I was (still hard to be distracted.. but not worthy of the evil glare, I decided :wink: ) Can't wait to see pictures of your final product!!

CarmenIbanez
10-25-2006, 11:20 AM
I agree. The first was a total struggle for me. The second pair was easier, but slow. The third pair only took me two evenings!

ctmax
10-26-2006, 05:32 PM
Those of you who used the plasti spray, I was just wondering how it is holding up?

kniftyknitter12
10-28-2006, 10:48 AM
I just ordered this pattern yesterday! :woohoo: It will not be shipped until the 8th though. I can't wait until it gets here so i can cast on! :happydance:

CarmenIbanez
10-29-2006, 11:02 AM
Yay! The clog virus spreads! Someone on this forum once said, "clog people of the world, unite!"

Ingrid
10-29-2006, 12:24 PM
Yay! The clog virus spreads! Someone on this forum once said, "clog people of the world, unite!"

It was Hildie who said "Clog people of the world, untie!" :rofl:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
10-29-2006, 09:01 PM
:teehee:

ann in ma
10-31-2006, 08:22 AM
I cast on for these last night (kids medium, using Lamb's Pride). I wanted to do these at my knitting class so that I could learn the M1 and W/T ... and I did ... however, I also lost my place in the middle of row 1 (too much going on), so I need to frog back and restart. Practice, right?

The good news is that they are for my daughter, so if they don't get finished by Christmas, no biggie.

Andrea
10-31-2006, 10:03 AM

What about art? If you think about it, the creation of a pattern is no different than the creation of a painting, a song or play. It is art in its own way and the people who create it need to be compensated in order for them to be able to create more art. Artists deserve to be compensated as much as anyone else who does a job for a living.

In terms of free instruction, that is what this site is all about! You can learn a million things about how to knit on this site absolutely free! The knowledge is free, the art we should pay for.

Very nicely said, Carmen :heart:

humblestumble
11-02-2006, 02:19 AM
I'm hoping i'll get a response pretty quickly, as I am just here to clarify something for myself...

When joining the second sole to the other, after knitting the 7 rows for the second sole, I join them together via 2 needles, knit2 tog (one from each), and then continue making the bumper to increase the stitches? And this will round out to make the final sole once I seam it??

Basically, I am asking - is this the right way to attach the second sole?? Just pretend that the gold needle is the same as the gray one. The gray one has the two soles knit together on it already.

KellyK
11-02-2006, 03:16 AM
If that blue part is the upper and you therefore have both soles lined up on top of each other... it looks like you do... then you are all good! :cheering:

humblestumble
11-02-2006, 03:17 AM
Thanks SO much! :muah: :muah: :notworthy: So I am supposed to have a hanging flap?

KellyK
11-02-2006, 03:28 AM
What do you mean by "hanging flap"?? I dont see anything unusual... can you take another picture? :??

humblestumble
11-02-2006, 03:35 AM
That would be the actual second sole... is it supposed to just be a hangin there? It just doesn't make sense to me because I still have another row or two to knit of making stitches...and then I have to seam the bottom, but what gets me is that there are going to be like two "flaps" there when I am done... right?? So I don't know what I am supposed to seam in the end... But i will keep following the pattern if this looks right :)

humblestumble
11-02-2006, 04:02 AM
I've gone ahead and continued on... i will trust the pattern *crosses fingers* :D Thanks for the help Kelly! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

kaidyddd
11-02-2006, 09:08 AM
You end up seaming the center of the outer sole together just like you seamed the inner sole previously. The bumper, those extra couple of rows that you have knit on after attaching the sole is not attached at the top--don't worry about it flapping around, once the clog is felted it just hugs the edge of the upper part of the clog. All looks right on yours so far.

Kaidy

Doublereeder2
11-02-2006, 05:48 PM
Humblestumble-
It looks like it is just right to me! All you need to do is seam the "flaps" together for the outer sole (just like you did for the inner sole) when you are done attaching it.

humblestumble
11-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Thanks guys! I Will finish the bumper part tonight and hopefully I will have a finished clog :D It's taken long enough! (a year!)

humblestumble
11-02-2006, 11:57 PM
Thanks to everyone who helped! I got my first clog done! Who woulda though that the bumper just curls in on itself! I'm so glad I did it right :) (I think I'm one stitch off, but oh well haha) :cheering: :woot:

I'm off to knit the second and then I have to sleep and buy some more black yarn :wall: I wish I woulda bought an extra black skein just in case...I am seriously almost completely out!

(and I still have to overcast stitch the second sole and tack the two together.... I'll leave that for the end haha!)

humblestumble
11-05-2006, 03:57 PM
I'm almost done with my second clog! Thanks again everybody :D I can't wait to finish them up tonight! Finally, something finished for me! I stayed up late last night to finish the bulk of it. I had to knit it with size 15s instead of 13s though because one of my 13 boye interchangeables is stripped. The size difference between the clogs isn't much different, so I am betting they'll come out fine once I felt them. I feel like I've given myself a birthday present! (it's Nov 17th)
:happydance:

Ingrid
11-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Looking good! I love that your toenail polish matches the clog! :teehee:

humblestumble
11-06-2006, 12:10 AM

kniftyknitter12
11-06-2006, 04:55 PM
Does anybody know where I can purchase the kids pattern?

Angelia
11-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Here (http://www.knittingzone.com/catalog/product_info.php?pName=fiber-trends-childrens-felt-clogs-ch38x&cName=by-designer-fiber-trends) ya go!

kniftyknitter12
11-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Thank you! I actually went to my LYS and they had the pattern, but thanks anyway! I wish I wouldn't have ordered the adult pattern though, because I could have just bought it :doh: . I think I understand most of the pattern.

The store was pretty neat ( the first actual yarn store I have ever been to). They had a bunch of really soft yarns. They even had mmmmmmalabrigo!

I do have a question before I order my yarn. When you felt the WOTA is it soft, or is it kinda itchy?

kniftyknitter12
11-08-2006, 08:43 PM
I have a few more questions:

1. When I pick up the back loops of round 1 of the cuff, do I have to use a size 13 needle, or can I use a smaller one?

2. When I pick up stitches on the sole to join the second sole to, do i actually pick up stitches or do I just pick up the loops without wrapping the yarn around the needle?

3. What is the point of the bumper?

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-08-2006, 08:53 PM
1. I used a 10.5 to pick up loops

2. Excellent question!!! Just pick up the loops, don't create a new stitch.

3. Bumper..... hmm.... makes it look nice if you don't add the slipper bottoms??? :?? :shrug:

Alsooooo, I discovered that you don't HAVE to pick up all those loops on a spare needle... just pick them up one at a time as you go around, and knit the loop together with the stitch already on the needle. It saves a LOT of time.

kniftyknitter12
11-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Thank you very much!!!!!!!!! :hug: :hug:

humblestumble
11-08-2006, 11:45 PM
I may run out of black yarn AGAIN! *sigh*...Crossing my fingers, and onto knitting the second bumper...