PDA

View Full Version : Pattern Software UPDATE

jamiejeans
08-23-2006, 10:11 PM
Hi everyone,

i was wondering if there is computer software or a website that helps you with sizing patterns. For example, I came up with a sweater for a 12 month old, but would like to expand for newborn, 6 mos, 18 mos, etc. I suppose there is some magical math formula to do this, but I would have to think that there is software out there that does this for you.

Anyone know where I could find this?

jamiejeans
08-23-2006, 10:44 PM
ok, I found this on about.com:

http://knitting.about.com/blsoft.htm

has anyone used any of these programs?

momwolf
08-24-2006, 12:05 AM
I have the Sweater wizard and love it and Knit Pix has it much cheaper. :woot: Have used it and is very easy to use.

jamiejeans
08-24-2006, 10:28 AM
thanks for your input! I will take a look on knit picks. The Sweater WIzard is what I was leaning towards.

skNYC
08-24-2006, 11:20 AM
Does the sweater ziward let you select various patterns, for example, I want a sweater to be crewneck, or v-neck by just typing in what I want, or it just adjust the size according to your measurements and gauge?

jamiejeans
08-24-2006, 03:56 PM
The sweater wizard does let you do that. It seems very cool. You can get more info on this site: http://www.software4knitting.com/psweaterwizard/pswiz.htm

Looks like you can do everything you can imagine, etc. I am sure its not as easy as it looks, but I am considering it!

They also have a sock wizard that you just put the shoe size in and viola! It spits out the pattern based on your gauge, yarn, etc. Pretty cool. I just haven't knit socks yet.

momwolf
08-24-2006, 06:42 PM
It is as easy as it looks :star: Really!!!!!!!!!!!! If I can do it anyone can :roflhard: Well worth the money

jamiejeans
08-25-2006, 05:55 PM
I did it! I bought Sweater Wizard and Math Wizard on knitpicks. Can't wait to try it out!!! :happydance:

momwolf
08-25-2006, 07:11 PM
:woohoo: Let me know how you like the Math Wizard

caviar
08-26-2006, 10:48 PM
I think next time Joann has a 50% off coupon, sweater wizard will be on the menu!

Kirstin

EssenceRose
08-27-2006, 01:44 AM
Ohh I would love the sweater wizard! Unfortunately, finding that stuff here in NZ is hard to do. There are some sweater pattern generators on the net in the mean time. Just put in a google search and voila!

jamiejeans
09-06-2006, 09:18 PM
Well I finally received both Sweater Wizard and Math Wizard.

THe Sweater Wizard seems very easy! THe only thing I have to play with a little more to make sure I got it down is the pattern repeat stuff. Too bad you can't put in the actual stitch pattern, that would make it so much easier

I am disappointed with the math wizard. I don't see a way to resize patterns, which was why I got it. Or maybe I am just not looking hard enough.