PDA

View Full Version : question with sweater

Cherinec5
08-26-2006, 01:25 PM
i fell in love with the look of this sweater and have started working on it:
Color Me Lovely Sweater (http://joann.com/content/projects/projectsDisplay.jhtml?articlePath=/content/projects/static/new/color_me_lovely_sweater.jhtml&CATID=25293)

first of all my striping isnt even close to that of the pic but oh well i guess it doesnt look too bad lol (i'll post a pic later when i get a free minute)

now i'm on the shoulder shaping and i'm really confused.

ok so i have 15 st on a stitch holder, 32 st in the middle and another 15 on another holder. so i worked with the 32 and now i'm ready for the shoulder shaping but i'm confused about these :

Shoulder shaping: Bind off 5 (6, 6, 6) sts at beg of next 2 rows; then 5 (5, 5, 6) sts at beg of next 2 rows; work 1 row even on remaining 12 (13, 14, 15) sts. Bind off loosely.

so this is still working on the 32 stitches in the middle??? and i bind all of the stitches that i have on the needles???

then:

Right front shaping: With WS facing, join another ball of yarn and continue in St st on 15 (17, 18, 19) sts until piece measures 2-1/4 (3, 3-1/4, 3-1/4)" above armhole, end with a WS row.

if i just bound off the stitches where do i continue with these???? are they talking about the first 15 stitches on the holders????

then:

Neck shaping: Bind off 3 (4, 5, 5) sts. Work 1 row even. Dec 1 st at neck edge only twice (for all sizes)-10 (11, 11, 12) sts remain. Work even in St st on remaining sts until piece measures same as back to shoulder shaping, end with RS row.

again, what stitches are they talking about?????

Shoulder shaping: Bind off 5 (6, 6, 6) sts at beg of next row. Work 1 row even. Bind off remaining 5 (5, 5, 6) sts.

Left front shaping: With WS facing, work to correspond to right front, reversing all shaping.

Making sleeves: Cast on 28 (32, 34, 38) sts. Work even in St st until piece measures 6-1/2 (8, 8-1/2, 9-1/4)" from beg, or desired 3/4-sleeve length to underarm, end with WS row.

Sleeve cap shaping: Bind off 2 (2, 3, 3) sts at beg of next 2 rows. Dec 1 st at beg and end of every other row 4 (4, 4, 5) times-16 (20, 20, 22) sts remain. Bind off 5 (6, 6, 7) sts at beg of next 2 rows. Work 1 row even on remaining 6 (8, 8, 8) sts. Bind off.

whatever you guys can help me with i'd really appreciate it. they are just on the needles now waiting to be continued.

Ingrid
08-26-2006, 01:37 PM
Shoulder shaping: Bind off 5 (6, 6, 6) sts at beg of next 2 rows; then 5 (5, 5, 6) sts at beg of next 2 rows; work 1 row even on remaining 12 (13, 14, 15) sts. Bind off loosely.

This looks like it should be done on the 32 middle stitches. That finishes off those stitches.

The next instructions are for the ones on the holders.

Right front shaping: With WS facing, join another ball of yarn and continue in St st on 15 (17, 18, 19) sts until piece measures 2-1/4 (3, 3-1/4, 3-1/4)" above armhole, end with a WS row.

Neck shaping: Bind off 3 (4, 5, 5) sts. Work 1 row even. Dec 1 st at neck edge only twice (for all sizes)-10 (11, 11, 12) sts remain. Work even in St st on remaining sts until piece measures same as back to shoulder shaping, end with RS row.

Shoulder shaping: Bind off 5 (6, 6, 6) sts at beg of next row. Work 1 row even. Bind off remaining 5 (5, 5, 6) sts.

Again, these are done on the shoulder shaping for the right front. Just put your stitches for the right front back on the needles and follow the instructions and you'll be fine.

For the left front, you'll basically do the same thing, but reverse which side you do the decreases on. You'll be able to check yourself because you'll be able to see where the neck edge is.

Once you get past this, if you need any more help, holler!