PDA

View Full Version : Booga WIP

CarmenIbanez
08-27-2006, 06:56 PM
Here is my booga. It is small and I think I like it that way. I also did a double bottom on it, much like the sole on the felted clogs.

Yes I still have to finish the handle. I have so many projects going on right now which I swore I wouldn't do!

This was done in cascade 220 and like most things I have felted, it was done in about 5 minutes.

Freyja
08-27-2006, 07:13 PM
Great job. :thumbsup:

I love the purples and lime together.
Are you going to mix the colors in the strap or make it solid?

knitqueen
08-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Another beautiful Booga. I love the colours, they're something I would choose for myself! :muah:

carollovesyarn
08-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Those are my colors too! Great stripe-work too. Can you estimate about how much 220 it took and how big it turned out? I have a bunch of it in my stash.

And how are you going to do the strap - like other Boogas?

gardenmommy
08-27-2006, 08:08 PM
Very nice! :thumbsup:

Did you use a stripe generator or come up with the striping yourself?

rebecca
08-27-2006, 08:20 PM
:cheering: I love the colors :cheering:

mintdee
08-27-2006, 09:27 PM
I love the green and purple! Great job :thumbsup:

Amber
08-27-2006, 11:44 PM
Pretty! I love those colors!!

CarmenIbanez
08-28-2006, 01:47 AM
I used 1 skein of the lime green and only about 1/2 each of the other two colors. I can't remember how much is in a skein, but it was their regular skeins? :-)

The strap is going to be just in the lime green. It is about 7 1/2 inches tall, 8 inches wide and about 4 1/2 inches deep. I know it is small, but after I felted it the first time I didn't like how much stitch definition it still had so I put it through another time. I actually really like it the size it came out. I try to avoid large bags because I tend to fill them with a bunch of crap. Ha!

I did the stripes at random, although I had looked at the stripe generator many times.

carollovesyarn
08-28-2006, 01:57 AM
Thanks! C220 is 100 gms, 220 yds :mrgreen: I've thought about making Sophie, so I was just trying to gauge how big yours was. It helps.

I just got a really cute Rowan fabric bag that's lots smaller than I'm used to, but I'm really liking it because I just have the essentials in it.

CarmenIbanez
08-28-2006, 02:02 AM
I hear that sister! I was once referred to as the "bag lady" by all that knew me. A huge bag that I had everything in. One day I saw a cute little straw bag with pink trim. It was tiny! I could fit my wallet, phone, a lipstick and pen in it. I loved the heck out of that bag and when it died, I thought I had been cured and could carry a bag that was a little bigger and maintain some control over it. WRONG! However big my bag is, is how much crap I carry in it!

Andrea
08-28-2006, 06:21 AM
Looks great, Carmen! :cheering:

Love those yummy yummy colors!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

So with the double bottom, you knit the whole bag, then knit a second bottom and joined a la 3 needle BO??

KnittyKitty
08-28-2006, 09:58 AM
Love the colour combo. Good goin'! :cheering:

sunnyreflections
08-28-2006, 10:03 AM
It is gorgeous! I love you color choices!

distracted_knitter
08-28-2006, 10:11 AM
I must i am quite fond of your creation! i like the way the stripes are not uniform and your color choice is.....is.....well AWESOME!!! :notworthy: keep the great FOs rolling!

CarmenIbanez
08-28-2006, 01:16 PM
So with the double bottom, you knit the whole bag, then knit a second bottom and joined a la 3 needle BO??

When I finished the original piece for the bottom, I just kept knitting until the length was double what it called for. Then I folded it in half and as picked up the stitches, I closed the seam around the bottom. It was a little awkward to pick up the stitcheds on the side that had been folded over, but once it was done and then I felted it, it looked great. With the double bottom and a liner, I think it will be much more stable.

Andrea
08-28-2006, 05:32 PM
Ahhh...that's a great idea...I bet either way would work too :thinking:

Love those colors!

kemp
08-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Love your color combo! Looks great :)