PDA

View Full Version : 1st Project

Mrs.H
08-28-2006, 12:56 AM
I have finally finished my first project, the "Easy Knit Shawl" from the free patterns section. I will attempt to post some pictures as soon as I can get someone to model it for me. To my amazement, my 2 youngest granddaughters(5 & 6 years old) have asked me to make them shawls, just like mine. :teehee: Of course they want them in different colors, but bless their little hearts they want triangle shawls, just like the kind I aways wear! That's my new challenge, to figure out how to down-size this shawl for little girls. I'm going to work on some swatches and see how it goes, if I can't figure it out I'll be posting a plea for help later. The one thing I know for sure, I'll not be using the same type of yarn I used for mine, LB's Homespun, a nice simple worsted weight will do fine for their shawls.
Linda

janelanespaintbrush
08-28-2006, 08:01 AM
Awwww... it's so cute that they wanna be just like Grandma! Congratulations on your first FO!

KnittyKitty
08-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Congrats on your FO! Post some pics when you can!

gardenmommy
08-28-2006, 09:59 AM
Way to go! It will be fun to knit for little girls, much smaller projects. ;)

rebecca
08-28-2006, 10:34 AM
:cheering: How exciting! Can't wait to see it! I'm hope to knit some shawls this fall. That is so very sweet that your grandchildren want to be like you :cheering:

Amber
08-28-2006, 11:56 AM
:cheering:

Andi-mame
08-28-2006, 11:30 PM
As a beginning knitter, I don't even need to see a photo to be proud of you! Good for you! :cheering:

How long did it take you???

knotmaker
08-29-2006, 06:43 AM
:cheering: :cheering: Great Job!! It is a great feeling when you finish that first project :cheering: :cheering:

JamOKnit
08-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Hooray!!!! I am close to finishing the same shawl as a gift for my grandmother! I agree, the Homespun is a bit annoying although it does make a nice soft shawl...I probably won't use it again.

Congrats on your first project! On to bigger and better! :cheering:

Mrs.H
09-01-2006, 12:48 AM
I've about figured out the gauge for my little girls shawls, and I'll be making a couple of adaptions to the pattern as well. I'm keeping notes as I'm doing the swatches so I can post them with the pictures when I get them finished. In the meantime I'm making "doll baby" shawls out of my swatches(waste not, want not), so far in Barbi, and Bratz sizes. I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they see their dolls matching shawls.
Linda