PDA

View Full Version : Book List?

Kaylee Chenille
08-29-2006, 07:38 AM
There used to be a great list of books on the Free Patterns page but now I can't find it anywhere. Anyone know where it went or know what books are on it?

Hope this is the right place to post this, I wasn't sure.

rebecca
08-29-2006, 03:36 PM
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the books.
What type of books are you looking for?

Kaylee Chenille
08-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Just knitting in general. Being fairly new to non knit/purl patterns I'm feeling a bit overwhelemed and not hving the money (or time) to go browse books in person I was hoping to check out some of the list here.

I know there (of course) were several EZ books on there at least.

feministmama
08-29-2006, 04:34 PM
The best list of books I have ever found is my local library!! I go check em out, xerox the patterns I like, and put it back for others to enjoy. So much cheaper than buying them let me tell you. Good luck!

EssenceRose
08-29-2006, 06:44 PM
Yep, I'm the same. The library has a nice selection of knitting books. I have checked out ALL of them :oops: then I photocopy the patterns I like. :) One could easily spend hours searching through them all, but even with a limited amount of time you can find some good ones. :) I go while my kids are at preschool and school. :)

Kaylee Chenille
08-29-2006, 07:31 PM
Yes library... unfortunatly I am banned from our county libraries. There was a deal with a eviction and I didn't get everything out of the apartment, including about $300 worth of text books I was using that belonged to the library. Seems buying is my option.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-29-2006, 09:47 PM
Buy all of them. Seriously. Yoiu can't have enough knitting books. I have like 50 of them. And I need more more moreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.