PDA

View Full Version : Best small steamer for blocking

lizzitude
08-29-2006, 07:51 AM
I'd like to buy a handheld steam for blocking that doesn't cost a fortune. Anyone got any suggestions? Or ones to avoid?

candicane
08-29-2006, 08:57 AM
Hmmm... a good question. I actually have a hand-held Rowenta steamer and have never tried it for blocking. It can be used as an iron or a steamer. It is travel-sized. I bought it at Target and I am pretty sure it was under $20.

Candice

janelanespaintbrush
08-29-2006, 09:22 AM
I've never tried using my steamer for blocking, but I did want to mention ebay as a possible source to buy one. I got a full-size household one for about $40. It was a customer return, but looked like new. I like it a lot better than my handheld (faster and more powerful), though it does take up more space, obviously. :P

rebecca
08-29-2006, 03:34 PM
I don't see the one that I have online anywhere...Lonnie picked it up for me at Target, I think..it's a "Mini Steam Zapper" I think.
I love, love, love to use my steamer for blocking, works like a charm...I put the little cloth attachment on the end and block away...see..

JLC
08-29-2006, 06:29 PM
Oooh, I never thought of this. Sounds like a super idea. I'll have to check them out the next time I'm out shopping.

newamy
08-30-2006, 12:41 AM
This causes me to ask a question, I've read patterns that say to steam block. How do you do that??

Debbie
08-30-2006, 06:28 AM
I love using my steamer for blocking ....