PDA

View Full Version : Southeast Animal Fiber Fair-who's going?

tmsl
08-30-2006, 09:04 AM
There have been discussions of this on several other threads and I thought we could start a thread on this topic as a way of coordinating visits/get-togethers at the fiber fair. Here is the website www.saffsite.org with more information on classes, dates, lodging and vendors. I plan to be there on Saturday and maybe Sunday. It is "Leaf" season that time of year so they suggest booking lodging early if needed. Hope you can join us!!!!

Laura

rebecca
08-30-2006, 10:26 AM
OH my, that's only about 7-8 hours from me!!!! Perhaps I can go next year (my health won't allow it this year), I didn't realize that there was another one this close! There will be a in Orlando (http://www.floridafiberin.org/) in Sept, too!

Liliyarn
08-31-2006, 03:20 AM
Count me in....and many from my knit group and everyone from my spin guild. I'll be there Sat or Sun. If you go please visit my favorite LYS Yarns Forever! She'll have a booth there.

Danielle
08-31-2006, 07:18 AM
:happydance: I think I'll plan on coming! That's only about 30 minutes from me!

itsbecca1979
08-31-2006, 07:26 AM
I thought about it, but I'm not sure, it'd be about 1 hour 15 minutes. I was asking hubby about the location and his response was "I don't know why you'd wanna go that far just for yarn" Ugh :pout:

tmsl
08-31-2006, 08:47 AM
But it's Asheville!!! There are so many other things to do (Biltmore, art galleries, etc.) and what a beautiful time of year!!!

Come Join Us!!!!

Laura

Friskums
08-31-2006, 08:59 AM
OH my, that's only about 7-8 hours from me!!!! Perhaps I can go next year (my health won't allow it this year), I didn't realize that there was another one this close! There will be a in Orlando (http://www.floridafiberin.org/) in Sept, too!
OMG really?!

I'm -so- dragging my boyfriend to this with me! :rofl: :rofl:

rebecca
08-31-2006, 10:20 AM
That's right, you're in FL and not too far away from it, that will make for a nice weekend!

Friskums
08-31-2006, 10:43 AM
Yeah, it will. ^_^

Liliyarn
08-31-2006, 11:52 AM
We all need to make up Knitting Help.com Forum t shirts or have some sort of way to recognize each other :teehee: I am soooo considering doing something like that. Then when you see it you'll know..."Hey, that's Liliyarn!" It would be so nifty to meet some of you in person.

Friskums
08-31-2006, 12:06 PM
I keep meaning to make one of the "nothing but a tshirt" from Magknits with knittinghelp.com on it.

Just haven't gotten around to it yet. :oops:

Liliyarn
08-31-2006, 01:53 PM
Cool idea!! Doubt I could get it done before SAFF though.... :verysad:

Mrs.H
09-01-2006, 12:03 AM
I live less than 2 hours from Ashville, but it's happening the weekend our youngest daughter is getting married, in Las Vegas. Oh well, there's always next year.
Linda

tmsl
09-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Classes are starting to fill up. If you are going and interested in a class check on-line before sending in registration.

I can't wait for this, I get to shop for yarn that Sat. morning and take a class in the afternoon. Hubby is going with me for the yarn shopping then will tool around Asheville on his own while I'm in the class. Dinner out will end a great day!!! If anyone knows the venue, let's plan a time and place to meet. :happydance:

Laura

Danielle
10-27-2006, 07:34 PM
*bump*

Is anyone going tomorrow?

Liliyarn
10-27-2006, 07:53 PM
Danielle - And everyone else

SAFF was so much fun! I showed great restraint. I am planning on returning tomorrow (SAT). Spot me by my Yarns Forever canvas tote. Short brownish red curly hair.

Carolina Red - sorry I couldn't talk with you more. It was great to say hello. I do enjoy meeting people I read about online. There's hope we may get together in the future. You're really not that far from me.

I am glad I went today. One lady had the best looking hand painted sock yarn. By the end of the day it was all but gone! I managed to get one skein. Heads up ladies...don't pass something up for later if you think you want it. You may find it's not there anymore if you wait too long.

Oh and if you spin....look for Southern Charm Alpacas on the upper level. She has tri-looms (triangle shaped weaving looms) around her booth...anyway she has the most wonderful alpaca fiber! It rivals my cashmere. Plus she has some in yarn form for the non-spinners.

Hope to see you there!
Liliyarn aka Rhonda

Danielle
10-27-2006, 08:31 PM
It sounds like a lot of fun! I think I'm going to go tomorrow. I probably won't get there until tomorrow afternoon. Maybe I'll see some of you there. Does anyone know if Sandy will still be there tomorrow? Maybe I can find her there.

Liliyarn
10-28-2006, 05:46 AM
When I spoke with her she wasn't sure if she'd be back Sat. But do keep an eye out for her.

Shandeh
10-30-2006, 03:35 AM
Hi everyone! :waving:

Lily, it was SO nice meeting you! :heart:
And Danielle, I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you! :pout:

I was only there for one day - Friday. I finally got to the event at about 11:30, so I didn't get much time to shop before my spinning class.

I learned a few things I didn't already know, and my instructor said that I am spinning laceweight yarn! The others in the class were making their yarn much thicker. I don't know how to do that, so I guess I need some more classes.

When I finished my class, I got up and stretched my aching back. That cement step was not the most comfortable place for sitting! :pout: And I had to sit there for 3 hours!

I did some good shopping, though. :wink:

stitchwitch
10-30-2006, 11:00 AM
I can't believe I missed that! It would have been a little over an hour from my house in Tennessee.
Is it always held during the same weekend? If so, I must schedule to be up there during that time! :heart:

hedgehog
10-30-2006, 02:19 PM
DANG IT!!!!! How on earth did i miss this???!!! :wall: :!!!: I would have loved to have gone. :grrr:

Phooey... :doh:

It looked like it was a wonderful time.

*sigh* :verysad:
-hh

Shandeh
10-30-2006, 04:33 PM
It was AMAZING!!!! I have gone for two years now, and loved every second of it.

Just watch the website for next year's event. It's always in October.
www.saffsite.org