PDA

View Full Version : KnitScene

rebecca
08-31-2006, 12:27 PM
I recently got a copy of the new KnitScene (http://www.knitscene.com/default.asp) magazine and I'm so in love with some of the patterns!!! I didn't know that another knitting magazine was going to come along and be added to my must haves as far as mags go, so...it's added to Vogue Knitting and IK as far as I'm concerned. I believe it's published by Interweave, too.

Anyway, I am pretty sure that I am going to make Molly Ringwald (http://www.knitscene.com/2006/projects.asp#18) for my sister; I am loving all of the "Girly Girl" patterns, too.

Too bad this mag isn't published more often! We won't have another until Dec., the current issue is the 2nd and it looks as if Clara from KnittersReview is the editor!

Anyway, anyone else for knitting the Molly?

knit-errant
08-31-2006, 12:51 PM
I also like the patterns in that issue. There are at least four I want to try my hand at -- Molly, Mint Julep (sans big bow, I think), Parfait, Platinum...

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-31-2006, 01:21 PM
It annoys me that the sizing for Knitscene patterns aren't as diverse as the ones in Interweave. I just bought this issue a few days ago at B&N, and a lot of the tops I would like to make are either too short or not wide enough. :grrr:

want2knit
08-31-2006, 01:39 PM
I am liking that Molly Ringwald top too! Also, Camisa and Mint Julep (w/out bow) look nice but are probably way beyond my capabilities at this point.

rebecca
08-31-2006, 02:40 PM
Sounds like we all like the Girly Girls!
I agree with you Hilde, which is why I'm knitting it for my sis.

jamiejeans
08-31-2006, 03:10 PM
The reason they probably don't have a better diversity of sizes is because this magazine is marketed to the teen-early 20's crowd. Apparently they are all thin.

What is the largest size in this mag anyway?

rebecca
08-31-2006, 04:45 PM
As I look around I see patterns that have sizes up to 48", some with 45", 52" I must admit that I'm guilty of thinking that all of the sizes were quite small :oops: Some are, some aren't.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
08-31-2006, 05:32 PM
Your right, they'e not ALL small.... but some of them are too short for my personal taste. And, IMHO, the ratio of "sized for a toothpick" and "sized for me" patterns is a little unbalanced. IMHO. :shrug:

rebecca
08-31-2006, 06:32 PM
I'm with ya :wink:

geekgolightly
08-31-2006, 06:35 PM
this mag has such great patterns that despite my being big i wanted it anyways. some of them are sized for me and some arent, but that green tweed cabled hoodie is to die for! im gonna knit that as soon as i figure out how to knit the blue honeycomb stitch sweater in Big Girl KNits. i already bought the yarn for the blue sweater.

but i want to start that cabled tweed one in KnitScene now!! its beautiful.

rebecca
08-31-2006, 08:00 PM
I love that hoodie, too!! I wanted to knit it for my daughter but she didn't like it!!! And, as for knitting for me, other than a cardi or something like that I won't be doing any knitting until I lose wt, so I will knit shawls and whatnot for me and these cute things for others for the time being...LOL, I'll hopefully hit my goal in a year or two....LOL!

psammeadred
08-31-2006, 09:38 PM
Your right, they'e not ALL small.... but some of them are too short for my personal taste. And, IMHO, the ratio of "sized for a toothpick" and "sized for me" patterns is a little unbalanced. IMHO. :shrug:

Why is it that the patterns that are designed to fit DON'T fit the average adult female, and the patterns that are marketed as "flattering" (like the "flattering dress" and "flattering sweater" at Lionbrand.com) would make a teeny model look like a beached whale?

XbelovedXoneX
08-31-2006, 09:42 PM
after looking at those patterns I really want to run out and buy this magazine!

phisch
11-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Resurrecting the thread...

I am working on Tulips from this issue. I have the back, left front and most of the right front done.

The patterns seem to be targeted at beginners and those going for something a little bit past beginner, which is why I got it. Well, also why I decided to do Tulips instead of Molly Ringwald, the original reason I got the mag. I figured Tulips would be more forgiving if I got the gauge wrong! The k5tog part of the sleeves kinda worries me, though, since I'm a tight-ish knitter (more like highly inconsistent guage).

Anyone else get anything done from this magazine? The new issue comes out soon, but there's no preview of patterns unlike Interweave Knits.

suzeeq
11-25-2006, 11:20 PM
Actually, there. This is for the Spring issue; they also have fall and winter if you click on Back Issues. http://www.knitscene.com/2007/projects.asp

sue

ETA: Actually, that's *last* winter's issue.

phisch
11-26-2006, 01:03 PM
Wow. I really, really like the projects in the winter 2007 issue. I'll have to grab it.

So, am I right in thinking that the winter 2007 issue makes a total of three?

suzeeq
11-26-2006, 02:01 PM
I'm not sure. I thought there was a Spring/Summer issue, they just don't have anything online for it.

sue

misstialouise
11-26-2006, 04:55 PM
I've just ordered the current and the previous issue..

Hehehehe.. norti me...

:D

VictoiseC
11-26-2006, 05:20 PM
Hey Thanks Rebecca! although you posted this months ago, I never saw it and I never saw the magazine either. Geez, how did I miss that! Funny I never noticed it at the bookstore. hmmmm
Also discovered Magknits while looking around in Knitscene at what people are wearing in Tokyo Philadelphia etc) and this hat... I know I have one ball of Noro lying around lonely somewhere.

http://www.magknits.com/Nov06/patterns/fakeisle.htm

Shoot I forgot how to do this hat again instead of putting the whole address. !

hunterjenn
11-30-2006, 01:21 AM
Anyone have the Spring 2007 issue? I'm wondering what the larger sizes are on the Kenobi jacket. So cute!

suzeeq
11-30-2006, 02:22 AM
Anyone have the Spring 2007 issue? I'm wondering what the larger sizes are on the Kenobi jacket. So cute!

I think it says it won't be out for a couple more weeks.

sue

hunterjenn
11-30-2006, 12:54 PM

I think it says it won't be out for a couple more weeks.

sue

Doh! :oops: Obviously, I'll have to wait! :teehee: