PDA

View Full Version : color me lovely sweater

Cherinec5
09-01-2006, 02:15 PM
i'm working on this sweater for my daughter and i'm about to finish with the sleeves but i have one question.
Color Me Lovely (http://joann.com/content/projects/projectsDisplay.jhtml?articlePath=/content/projects/static/new/color_me_lovely_sweater.jhtml&CATID=25293)

Making sleeves: Cast on 28 (32, 34, 38) sts. Work even in St st until piece measures 6-1/2 (8, 8-1/2, 9-1/4)" from beg, or desired 3/4-sleeve length to underarm, end with WS row.

Sleeve cap shaping: Bind off 2 (2, 3, 3) sts at beg of next 2 rows. Dec 1 st at beg and end of every other row 4 (4, 4, 5) times-16 (20, 20, 22) sts remain. Bind off 5 (6, 6, 7) sts at beg of next 2 rows. Work 1 row even on remaining 6 (8, 8, 8) sts. Bind off

it says to make the sleeves 3/4 sleeve lenght but i want to me it full length. but now when i do the sleeve cap would it make it full length by the time it is done??? i dont want to knit the sleeves to full length then have them be too long after i'm done with the sleeve cap shaping.

and also what does set in sleeves mean??

Ingrid
09-01-2006, 02:23 PM
Work the sleeve to the underarm, then start your cap shaping for a long sleeve. The sleeve cap takes up the space between the underarm and the shoulder, so the sleeve length is from the wrist to the underarm.

Set-in sleeves just means that they're shaped at the top. It makes them a bit harder to seam in than a dropped sleeve which is straight across, but not by too much. The armholes of the sweater are shaped to accommodate the sleeves.