PDA

View Full Version : WIP - Log Cabin Throw

CindyH
09-03-2006, 03:20 AM
Here's (http://www.flickr.com/photos/14739394@N00/232473146/) my first log cabin that I've been working on! You can see the yarn I'm using (before knitting) here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16949). I like it so far, but I think for my next one, I will use fewer colors and have them in rings (kinda like a square bulls-eye), instead of strips. Or maybe I'll un-laze myself enough to knit small log cabin squares and seam them together...

eeyore
09-03-2006, 05:14 AM
OMG, THAT IS EXTREMLY WOOOOOONDEEEEEEEEERFUUUL!!!!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Old Knitter
09-03-2006, 06:49 AM
Is that The Mason Dixon Log Cabin? I have been trying to decide on yarns to do that one.

gardenmommy
09-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Beeeeyouuuuuuuuuuuuuttttteous!

Is that the sport or worsted weight Shine?

Do you get to keep this one when you are done, or are you making it as a gift?

CindyH
09-03-2006, 09:43 AM
Thank you! :D

Yes, it's the Mason Dixon log cabin. And I'm knitting it in Shine Sport - I saw someone else's log cabin on Flickr and they used Shine Sport and it looked awesome, so I had to use it too.

For now, the throw will be for me, but when I'm done with it and if I get started on another one, and it turns out much nicer, I might just gift this one!

newamy
09-03-2006, 10:16 AM
That is really pretty. I've been want ot knit something out of knitpicks Shine but havent' decided what- so haven't bought any.

I looked at your whole slide show. My 6 y/o daughter and I loved you glass things. How do you make those? But we especially enjoyed your kitty.

Amber
09-03-2006, 10:53 AM
Cindy, I think it's gorgeous!! I love all the colors!!!

sara_jayne
09-03-2006, 11:57 AM
Looks great, Cindy - the colors are wonderful!

jodstr2
09-03-2006, 12:01 PM
GORGEOUS!!! :heart: :cheering: :heart: :cheering: :heart:
GREAT JOB!!!

ever since getting the Mason-Dixon book I've been trying to figure out what yarn I can afford to do that blanket.

rebecca
09-03-2006, 12:30 PM
OMGoodness, it's PERFECT :cheering: :cheering: I love, love, love it :cheering: I have GOT to go get that book!

Jan in CA
09-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Very nice! Looks like a ton of work!! :shock:

sunnyreflections
09-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Wow!! That is gorgeous! Great job!!! :heart:

KnittyKitty
09-03-2006, 03:10 PM
Gorgeous!! :inlove:

want2knit
09-03-2006, 04:24 PM
Love it--colors are beautiful together! I looked at your other pics too--cute kitty, looks a lot like ours.

psammeadred
09-03-2006, 06:33 PM
Love it! Those colors are so cheerful.

CindyH
09-04-2006, 12:41 AM
Thanks again everyone for all your nice comments!

Amy - if you're talking about the glass marble magnets, they're very easy to make! Google marble magnets and you should be able to find instructions. Here's (http://www.notmartha.org/tomake/marblemagnets.html) one of the ones I used. And I love all the pics of Nermal I have on my Flickr photostream too...those are all the really cute or funny pics I have of him.

jodstr - I think the Shine is pretty affordable for the log cabin...I bought 2 skeins each of 5 colors, so that's about $50, and it looks like I should be able to make a decently large throw/blanket. I'm still using the first skein of each color, and the throw is already a decent size.

Rebecca - I (along with everyone else that has the MD book) recommend it very much. I like it a lot because of the simplicity of the projects. The log cabin is just soooooo easy to knit, but yet it looks so nice and can be varied in so many ways!! :heart: it!

Jan - it's not so bad to knit up once you get into a nice flow...and now that I'm up to the longer strips of color, I try to get 1 color strip done per day. Of course, I am getting a little sick of doing only knit stitches, since my other project that I'm working on a lot is my Harry Potter scarf, which is all stockinette in the round!

Pixywhispers
09-04-2006, 10:51 AM
:drool: So so pretty. I love your color choices.

janelanespaintbrush
09-04-2006, 10:02 PM
It looks so cozy, a toasty thing to share with a cuddly someone.

Andrea
09-05-2006, 12:22 AM
Looks fantastic! And hard! :shock:

Sue Madelin
09-05-2006, 06:33 AM
My goodness Cindy - did you make all those things in your photos yourself? I loved the glasswork and your kitty cat looks like such fun!

What a nice way to spend a few minutes :D

Lindsey H
09-05-2006, 05:08 PM
OH OH OH I want to make one of those so bad. I have MDK checked out from my mom's library and I :muah: it. I was thinking about making one out of shine as well but I did not know which one. Again that is so pretty.