PDA

View Full Version : Do you think it would work - adding onto a FO.

knitaddict
09-07-2006, 11:56 AM
I have a shawl that I made out of Paton's Evita. At the time I made it, I thought I only had 5 skeins so I made the shawl out of 4 and used the 5th to make the fringe. I've never worn the shawl because it's really too small for me.

I went through my stash yesterday and discovered a sixth skein!! Do you think I could undo the binding off, knit up the final skein and add a few extra pieces of fringe? Would it look ok?

aylaanne
09-07-2006, 12:23 PM
I'd go for it. I might not undo the bind off, though, I might just pick up the stitches and do a few rows, and see what I think first. If I liked it, I'd rip back, then undo the bind off and rip back a few rows, then knit with the new skein. But ymmv.

Old Knitter
09-07-2006, 01:32 PM
I'd say.......if you're not wearing it now, what have you got to lose?

Ellen Edwards
09-07-2006, 02:20 PM
If you're up to it--I say GO FOR IT!! WHat can it hurt--and the worst thing that can happen is that you won't wear it--which you're already not doing!! It'll be a good learning experience!!

I hope!! :wall: :wall:

brownishcoat
09-07-2006, 02:43 PM
I agree; you don't have anything to lose by giving it a shot. I wouldn't even undo it; I'd just pick up stitches, add it on, add extra fringe and leave it. I don't think anyone will notice the added section.