PDA

View Full Version : I got my Options and I'm an idiot.

SabrinaJL
09-08-2006, 06:58 PM
The needles are awesome. I love them already. They're so pointy and smooth. Here's the idiot part. Allow me to quote myself from my thread about them....

I'm probably going to buy them and a set of 13's. I just can't imagine what I'd need the 15's or 17's for though.

Well, that's exactly what I did. And today not only did I get the Options, I got some books I ordered. One of them was The Yarn Girls Guide to Beyond the Basics. For a couple months I've been trying to find a poncho pattern that I really want to knit. This book has it. Guess what size needles it calls for? 15's. :-x

Guess I have to place another Knitpicks order.

As for the yarn, I love the Swish Superwash and Shine worsted and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Suri Dream. Not so fond of the WotA though. Not soft enough for me.

janelanespaintbrush
09-08-2006, 07:25 PM
Hey, now you have an excuse for putting in another KP order. Sounds pretty brilliant to me!

cheesiesmom
09-08-2006, 09:17 PM
I ordered a complete set of the Options dpn for socks (0, 1, 2, 3, 4). I can't wait to get them.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-08-2006, 09:28 PM
you could try a gauge swatch with the 13s.... maybe they will work for your pattern.

knitncook
09-09-2006, 11:02 AM
Heh! Didn't we say that you might need them sometime in the future? :D Have fun with your new needles!

ChroniclesofYarnia
09-09-2006, 11:25 AM
I just ordered some extra cables last week, and had to place an order last night for yarn for two sweaters for my daughters. I just love Shine, and couldn't resist getting a bunch of it 20% off.

ChroniclesofYarnia
09-09-2006, 11:26 AM
I just ordered some extra cables last week, and had to place an order last night for yarn for two sweaters for my daughters. I just love Shine, and couldn't resist getting a bunch of it 20% off.

Also, you might want to swatch with the 13's, cause I always have to go down at least a needle size from pattern.